PDA

View Full Version : 4.10 install info

kj31067
05-27-2008, 05:33 PM
can anyone suggest a good place in ri or southeast mass for my gear install? i went to the local l/m dealer today and much to their credit, they said they were not comfortable doing it....i know of a place in north kingstown that could do it, but the fall river area is a little closer.....just trying to get some ideas.......thanks in advance...........keith

RF Overlord
05-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Fenner's Auto Shop in Hyannis...

Raudermaster
05-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Place in Hyde Park, Accurate Automotive. Good stuff...

Go Mifuni
05-27-2008, 06:40 PM
This is GoMifuni's wife... it's not that easy to install gears.

Here are the steps:
1. Buy the gears
2. Place gears neatly in top drawer of your desk for THREE YEARS
3. Constantly bug everyone around you about wanting to put in your gears, but never make up your mind where you want to go to have it done.
4. Piss off your wife until she forces you to do it and THEN take it to Fenner's in Hyannis.

We'll let you know on Friday evening how they came out, but betting Bagheera is awesome and a whole new girl now.

sd8683
05-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Place in Hyde Park, Accurate Automotive. Good stuff...

^^+1^^ I had my gears installed at accurate I give them an A+ no gear whine at all, even with the dreaded motive gears

Raudermaster
05-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Ask for Nick.

RF Overlord
05-27-2008, 10:22 PM
4. Piss off your wife until she forces you to do it and THEN take it to Fenner's in Hyannis.But at least you got to go to the most awesome beach in New England while you were here... :lol:

Paul T. Casey
05-28-2008, 04:16 AM
But at least you got to go to the most awesome beach in New England while you were here... :lol:

I didn't see them here in Misquamicut! ;)

Paul T. Casey
05-28-2008, 04:18 AM
This is GoMifuni's wife... it's not that easy to install gears.

Here are the steps:
1. Buy the gears
2. Place gears neatly in top drawer of your desk for THREE YEARS
3. Constantly bug everyone around you about wanting to put in your gears, but never make up your mind where you want to go to have it done.
4. Piss off your wife until she forces you to do it and THEN take it to Fenner's in Hyannis.

We'll let you know on Friday evening how they came out, but betting Bagheera is awesome and a whole new girl now.

I hereby nominate this for POST OF THE YEAR!!! Also a top contender for the coveted title of:

BEST POST EVAR!

Go Mifuni
05-28-2008, 06:16 AM
I hereby nominate this for POST OF THE YEAR!!! Also a top contender for the coveted title of:

BEST POST EVAR!

You're killing me Paul. Please don't encourage her.

Pat
05-28-2008, 08:44 AM

BEST POST EVAR!

Do you mean "ever".

RF Overlord
05-29-2008, 12:21 AM
Do you mean "ever".Pat, you and I are too old...he does mean EVAR...it's "newspeak"...like typing "pwned" for "owned" and "for teh win" instead of "for the win"...don't try to figure it out, just go with teh flow... :D

BTW, All Your Base Are Belong To Us...

Paul T. Casey
05-29-2008, 04:04 AM
Do you mean "ever".

Just trying to be cool (kewl). My wife is upset, as there are coffe stains on her new VIAO after reading Mrs. Mifuni's install review. I'm still laughing. Talk about pwned, Mrs. M FTW, teh lady rox.

Adam12
05-29-2008, 07:11 PM
I do my own gear install!!

RF Overlord
06-02-2008, 12:53 PM
We'll let you know on Friday evening how they came out, but betting Bagheera is awesome and a whole new girl now.Well?! Wassup wit' dat?

Go Mifuni
06-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Well?! Wassup wit' dat?

Well..... IT"S AWESOME!!! I can't keep my foot out of it!!!
I wish our Epping trip hadn't been cancelled.
I had some rice pull up next to me last night on rt 9 that wanted to go.
Oh man! I pulled him till juuuuuust over the speed limit and then backed off. He flew past me all pissed and stuff lol.
I haven't yet had a chance to speak with Dennis.

Thanks again Bob.

Oh, and yes, I vac'd my car over the weekend. :D

RF Overlord
06-02-2008, 01:58 PM
IT"S AWESOME!!! I can't keep my foot out of it!!!What did I say?... :D

Oh, and yes, I vac'd my car over the weekend. Now paint the roof... :shake:

:lol:

OK, next comes the PHP intake spacer...and a set of underdrives... WOOT!

Go Mifuni
06-02-2008, 02:07 PM
What did I say?... :D

Now paint the roof... :shake:

:lol:

OK, next comes the PHP intake spacer...and a set of underdrives... WOOT!

I'm seriously thinking of the spacer. I need to fill the space in the drawer that used to hold my gears lol.
I thought in regards to the pullies; that you went with either the pullies or gears, but not both.

Raudermaster
06-02-2008, 02:20 PM
The pullies will help the motor spin up faster and be able to get the power out faster, and the gears will put them down much faster too now that they're 4.10's. Do long tubes.

RF Overlord
06-03-2008, 06:10 AM
I thought in regards to the pullies; that you went with either the pullies or gears, but not both.Negative. Installing both is very common. U/D pulleys free up a little more power by slowing down the accessories. It's not a big gain, like the gears, but the effect is that the motor seems more "lively"...spools up faster. They're only around $200, so are a great bang for the buck.

Go Mifuni
06-03-2008, 06:22 AM
Negative. Installing both is very common. U/D pulleys free up a little more power by slowing down the accessories. It's not a big gain, like the gears, but the effect is that the motor seems more "lively"...spools up faster. They're only around $200, so are a great bang for the buck.

By "accessories" do you mean the alternator, AC compressor, water pump, power steering pump, etc.?

RF Overlord
06-03-2008, 06:36 AM
Correct.

The only downside to having u/d pulleys is a slight drop in voltage at idle, which is really only a problem if you spend a lot of time idling at stoplights at night with all the lights on and a mondo stereo pumping tunes at ricer-level volume. It can be corrected easily by bumping the idle-in-drive speed up by 100 RPM or so.