PDA

View Full Version : Sale! Pioneer Premier FH-800BT

Pops
05-28-2008, 11:12 AM
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Images/FH-P800BT_main_Reg.jpg
More Images (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) High Res (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Images/FH-P800BT_main_hi.zip)

FH-P800BT

Premier™ Double-DIN CD Receiver with Built-In Bluetooth® Wireless and USB Direct Control of iPod

Advanced Sound Retriever restores the rich, full, dynamic sound to compressed music
3 Hi-Volt RCA preouts (Front, Rear, Sub)Suggested Price: $350.00 John's Stereo MM.net Price: 279.99

New Built-in Bluetooth® Solution
Your calls come in loud & clear with advanced echo cancellation. Setup is easy with simple phone pairing and automatic phonebook transfer.

Simple Phone Pairing
Simply tilt, turn and push the Rotary Commander* to register and use up to three Bluetooth® -compatible cell phones.
Transfer All Your Phonebook* Information and Numbers
Use with Phone Pairing to transfer your entire phonebook at a single time to the headunit, which can memorize up to 3600 different numbers: 400 persons x 3 contacts x 3 phone types (cell phone, home, office, etc.).
* Compatible Phone with PBAP profile required.
New Echo Cancellation
Advanced Echo Cancellation has three levels of adjustment to keep phone calls sounding sufficiently loud and clear. Bluetooth® Wireless Technology for "Wireless Audio" Control and Streaming
When you're not utilizing hands-free calling, the FH-P800BT can use Bluetooth® Wireless Technology to feed your appetite for entertainment. Using "wireless audio" control and streaming (AVRCP, A2DP), you can control and listen to a compatible audio player or music phone on your headunit.

Advanced Sound Retriever
Hear the detail, warmth and clarity, the way the artist intended it, from all of your highly compressed MP3, WMA and AAC files stored on USB memory device, iPod® and portable digital players. By restoring data (especially higher frequencies) that tend to get lost in the digital compression process, Pioneer’s Advanced Sound Retriever technology enhances audio reproduction nearly all the way up to 20 kHz frequencies.

USB Direct Control for iPod® and more
Pioneer's FH-P800BT is ready to roll with capability for direct connection to your iPod® . USB 2.0's speed and capability allow an elevated iPod® experience in the car, and nearly limitless expandability for portable media players and USB memory devices.
File search and access are extra-quick. The headunit keeps song, artist, time and album information displays very clear and user-friendly, and control is intuitive through the 7-Way Rotary Commander. The system's wired USB connection provides direct digital signal transfer from the iPod® for clean, clear sound. In addition, Pioneer has developed the following new features to make using your iPod® in the car extremely easy and convenient:

Alphabetical Speed Search
When searching for artist/album, you can initiate alphabet search by pressing "List" button.
Link Search
While listening to a specific artist you can hold "List" button down and it will pop up folders containing that specific artist.
Passenger Control Mode
Allows passenger to use the iPod® directly to browse and select music, while connected to the headunit for playback.
Random (Shuffle) Key
Physical Random Button on faceplate (Shuffle) makes it easy to hear something fresh. Full Featured and High Performance

The FH-P800BT is smartly designed to expand your system, customize your experience, provide superior sound quality and easy operation.

3 RCA Hi-Volt preouts for adding on external amps and speakers simplify system expansion.
Two-Way Crossover with separate High and Low Pass settings.
Built-in MOSFET 50 W x 4 amplifier for excellent sound quality, minimal distortion and efficient power handling.
Supertuner® IIID advanced analog and digital processing assure superior imaging, less distortion and noise, and stronger, smoother broadcast signal reception.
Amplifier Off Mode
Display Off Mode
Premier® Two-Year Warranty. The warranty on this model is two years — double the warranty period of most headunit models currently on the market.Full Detail: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...mier/FH-P800BT (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Source/CD-Players/Premier/FH-P800BT)

magindat
05-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Dang, John! You're getting good at this!!!

:D

Starman
05-28-2008, 12:51 PM
John,

I have tried to research my question with no luck. Would this radio fit my 2000 Crown Vic Interceptor? Thanks.

Pops
05-28-2008, 12:55 PM
It should fit. The early Panthers required some serious work to get them in. Pull the stock radio and look at the heat ducts for clearance. Someone else may also know on the site.

magindat
05-28-2008, 01:47 PM
John,

I have tried to research my question with no luck. Would this radio fit my 2000 Crown Vic Interceptor? Thanks.

Dave, I can probly do it. I'm not familiar with the dash in that year, but you can call me if you want and I can walk you through finding out if it will fit. It'll cost you about 6 bucks for the tool from any FLAPS.

How far are you from Vero Beach?

Later.
Rich

Starman
05-28-2008, 02:06 PM
John,

Thank you so much for your response. I did further research and found that I can not use anything more than a 1 1/2 din, which sucks. I was ready to buy. Oh well. :mad:

Pops
05-29-2008, 05:31 AM
Dave I think that it will fit your car but it will require some work. Thr ford radios are not as tall at the back. Rich should be able to help you thru any issues if you want to do it. The only other way would be to put in a flip out moniter which Pioneer does make.

John

magindat
06-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Dave I think that it will fit your car but it will require some work. Thr ford radios are not as tall at the back. Rich should be able to help you thru any issues if you want to do it. The only other way would be to put in a flip out moniter which Pioneer does make.

John

A flip IS an alternative but the viewing angle gets comprimised by the dash overhang.

Marauders are listed as 1.5 DIN as well, but I do 2 DINs ALL THE TIME!

It COULD require a cut and patch of a defroster duct, but I have the stuff to do that.

I'll be glad to help, especially if you wanna make the trip.

magindat
06-02-2008, 11:03 AM
I just realized this thread is not about a NAV unit.... DUH!!!

Dave,
You might consider one of the other Pioneer models that end in BT in the single DIN chassis.

Consider:
DEH-P700BT (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Source/CD-Players/Premier/DEH-P700BT)
It lacks from the FH-P800BT (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Source/CD-Players/FH-P800BT) only: a slightly smaller display (of course) and a tiny bit of equalization. It gains detachable face security and a case to carry it in.

Comparison: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/portal/site/PUSA/template.PRODUCT_COMPARISON/?vgnextoid=9bd539f6523e7110Vgn VCM1000003367a8c0RCRD

This is a 1 DIN chassis and should be installed with the 1/2 DIN space ABOVE the unit. It should be easily accomplished with a dash kit and wiring harness from John.

With this unit, you'd have all the features of the FH, but a little less $ (based on MSRP) and an easier install.

Whadya think?

Pops
08-28-2008, 05:56 AM
Just bringing this back up as its a nice deck if you do not want Navigation!

magindat
08-28-2008, 06:11 AM
Just bringing this back up as its a nice deck if you do not want Navigation!

And they DO look right in the car. I've done 2 of them.

duhtroll
08-28-2008, 06:44 AM
John - 2 questions

1) Is this satellite radio ready? Not sure if I want it but curious.

2) How bright is the display - especially the blue light? The main complaint I have about most of the new decks is the brightness and how at night they can blind you, even when the unit is powered off.

If it's not too bright or we can mask it somewhat, this may be exactly what I am looking for.

Now I just need you to bundle up some speakers and a sub to go with it. :)

Heck, I'll just call.

O's Fan Rich
08-28-2008, 07:26 AM
This is the unit I have in my car.

magindat
08-28-2008, 07:49 AM
John - 2 questions

1) Is this satellite radio ready? Not sure if I want it but curious.

2) How bright is the display - especially the blue light? The main complaint I have about most of the new decks is the brightness and how at night they can blind you, even when the unit is powered off.

If it's not too bright or we can mask it somewhat, this may be exactly what I am looking for.

Now I just need you to bundle up some speakers and a sub to go with it. :)

Heck, I'll just call.

It has a dimmer circuit, Just match the orange/whites in the harness.

Add on your choice of sat provider via IP bus. Control with radio.

If you like I can build you the box for a 10.

Pops
08-28-2008, 07:53 AM
This is the best part cause I dont have to answer the questions!

duhtroll
08-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Just got off the phone with John - awesome guy to deal with!

Ordered the whole she-bang. Head unit, 4 Premier speakers, sub, harness, cords, steering wheel control adapter.

Now I just need to find someone better than me to help with the install. I've done basic stuff and am looking forward to having a garage project this fall.

Now, on to find Barry's writeup on the sub install cuz I apparently go the same one...

Anyone near Iowa that likes beer and knows how to hook up wires? :D

duhtroll
08-28-2008, 08:33 AM
For the basslink?

In that article posted, it sez placement and angle are important to performance, so I will want to mess with that during install.

you got a box that can rotate? :D

It has a dimmer circuit, Just match the orange/whites in the harness.

Add on your choice of sat provider via IP bus. Control with radio.

If you like I can build you the box for a 10.

O's Fan Rich
08-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Congrats.
It's really not that hard, even I did it myself.

magindat
08-28-2008, 08:38 AM
For the basslink?

In that article posted, it sez placement and angle are important to performance, so I will want to mess with that during install.

you got a box that can rotate? :D

You don't need a box with the basslink.

Search threads this subject has been covered to death. Cruztaker is the most recent expert for referral.

Pm if you get in the weeds.

you CAN do the install. take your time, read, listen, do.

duhtroll
08-28-2008, 08:48 AM
That's why I asked - thought I had seen it without a box around it.

I bet I can do this also. Strangely the only part I am wondering about is running the wire to the sub - - I know it can be done without but the wire will be included in the box, so why not?

This will make a great Saturday project.

EDIT - 3000 posts = 5 stars... Only took me 5+ years to do it.

You don't need a box with the basslink.

Search threads this subject has been covered to death. Cruztaker is the most recent expert for referral.

Pm if you get in the weeds.

you CAN do the install. take your time, read, listen, do.

magindat
08-28-2008, 09:24 AM
That's why I asked - thought I had seen it without a box around it.

I bet I can do this also. Strangely the only part I am wondering about is running the wire to the sub - - I know it can be done without but the wire will be included in the box, so why not?

This will make a great Saturday project.

EDIT - 3000 posts = 5 stars... Only took me 5+ years to do it.

Congrats, now make it 5 flags!!!!

running the power wire is cake. You have to run RCA and remote anyways.

CKMustangCobra
08-28-2008, 07:17 PM
I want to see some installation pics.

Does it harness right in or do you need to cut/splice wires?

What about the steering wheel controls?

magindat
08-29-2008, 04:49 AM
I want to see some installation pics.

Does it harness right in or do you need to cut/splice wires?

What about the steering wheel controls?

It's necessary to make a harness which interfaces the radio plug to the factory plug and includes a module for the steering wheel interface by splicing. It's VERY straight forward, but if you need to, ship me the pig-tails, I'll make a plug and play harness and send it back to you.

CKMustangCobra
08-29-2008, 07:12 AM
It's necessary to make a harness which interfaces the radio plug to the factory plug and includes a module for the steering wheel interface by splicing. It's VERY straight forward, but if you need to, ship me the pig-tails, I'll make a plug and play harness and send it back to you.

I am a yacht mechanic/electrician by night... I can handle it... just wanted to know if there was a plug and play adapter out for it.

O's Fan Rich sent me a PM with an awesome write up. I need to register so I can see the pictures that he posted. I can't wait to see it.

My only beef with this HU is that is lights up blue and not green. Going to look like X-Mas in my interior.

duhtroll
08-29-2008, 07:23 AM
Not a problem for me - my switch lights failed long ago. :) Maybe when I have the door panels off I should replace 'em with blue lights...

The fact that the dimmer will run on the dash dimmer switch is what sold me on this HU. I'm tired of all the neon star trek displays that look like they belong in pimped out Celicas.

I am a yacht mechanic/electrician by night... I can handle it... just wanted to know if there was a plug and play adapter out for it.

O's Fan Rich sent me a PM with an awesome write up. I need to register so I can see the pictures that he posted. I can't wait to see it.

My only beef with this HU is that is lights up blue and not green. Going to look like X-Mas in my interior.