PDA

View Full Version : accufab throttle body

marales
05-30-2008, 03:40 PM
I am trying to obtain an accufab throttle body for the Marauder. I can't find it in any of the parts websites, I did one time before. If any one is looking to sell theirs, PM me with an offer.

Local Boy
05-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Go to the Accufab web site...You'll find it there...

That's were I got mine...I believe it's listed under Mach 1...

ALOHA

jimlam56
05-31-2008, 08:48 AM
Go to the Accufab web site...You'll find it there...

That's were I got mine...I believe it's listed under Mach 1...

ALOHA
Randy, did you have any throttle sticking problems?
I can't get mine to work smoothly, so I haven't installed it yet.

magindat
06-02-2008, 05:22 AM

Jim, I know you've said that about a hundred times, but I just can't see why. Have you called accufab? Seems to me they'd stand behind the product or at least offer a reason why and a correction.

Mine was perfect day one (about the same time as you in the GB) and has been installed, TB spacer added, TB spacer removed, upper intake changed, etc, basically on and off the car repatedly over the 50 or so thousand miles I've had it. I cleaned it once and regreased with lithium just cuz I had time and felt like it. I gave away my stocker, I'm so confident with it!

Bro, I just hate to see your hard earned $ collecting dust!

Call Accufab or give me a call. Maybe I can help?

fastblackmerc
06-02-2008, 05:48 AM

Jim, I got mine with the last GB and it's worked flawlessly since. I'd call Accufab.

Now if I can just get a oval TB instead of the twin bore......

Joe Walsh
06-02-2008, 06:42 AM
My Accufab TB was also sticking when I first installed it...it would hang up 1/3 open when you got off the throttle and the engine would just keep revving.
I carefully & sparingly sprayed all the pivot points and shafts with teflon based lube and it has worked great ever since.

Local Boy
06-02-2008, 09:39 AM
What your problem may be is the cruise control cable...

My CC cable was about an 1/8th too short, because it's mounting point on the TB was a little more forward than the stock TB...causing the throttle to not close completely...

I just modified the cable bracket ( on the manifold) to move the CC cable a little forward...Problem solved...

Good Luck...

ALOHA

fairlane347
06-02-2008, 10:30 AM
americanmuscle.com has the TB for a good price!

Todd
06-02-2008, 11:51 AM
americanmuscle.com has the TB for a good price!

Their price is pretty good.

It's only about $30+ more than my group buy price which is darn good. And they say they have 12 available.

I also sent him a pm and gave him contact info on the place I did the group buys through. Never got a response so dont know if he checked it out.

Todd
06-04-2008, 12:35 PM
I talked with the guy who I did the group buy through the first 2 times.

He has 5 of the twin bore throttle bodies for our cars left. He will honor the group buy price we had before. It was $319.

If you are interested, just pm me and I will get you in touch with them.

Professor
06-04-2008, 01:41 PM
What's the benefit of the Accufab throttle body? More hp/tq? Better throttle response? Just curious.

magindat
06-05-2008, 07:56 AM
What's the benefit of the Accufab throttle body? More hp/tq? Better throttle response? Just curious.

Throttle response and bling. Tiny bit of HP/TQ, but not appreciable. Does breathe easier and give better off idle response esp when blown.