PDA

View Full Version : The detailer needs help!!!

03Farmmarauder
05-31-2008, 12:34 PM
Hi guys need some help, as a long time user of Meguiars i have been trying to find a spray wax to use after washing. On all my vehicals i use a 5 step Meguiars process every 3-4 months. I use a 00 Hi Tech wash, #34 with clay bar, #7 polish, #9 Swirl Remover, then two coats of #26 Hi tech wax. On my black marauder(i hate black cars) after about a month i start to have swirl marks. So today i went out and tried the Eagle One Nano spray wax to use after each hand bath and had mixed results. It took some effort to remove the product and if i have to use effort i will just wax the car. What have you guys used on your cars. I am afraid to use the ice because its not a wax its a polish or at least thats what they say. Polshes dont protect your car they make it shinny. I need something to bring the gloss up that has caranuba in it. So tell me what you use and the results you get!!!! Thanks guys!!!

TiTo35
05-31-2008, 01:00 PM
That Nano is a PITA...but I use it cause I have it but wont again. Last time I washed n waxed I used the Nano...then threw some 3M Paste Wax on it and it was amazing!:coolman: Plus I had it buffed bout a month or 2 ago. My buddy works at Carmax so he used their products and the car looked like glass!

Todd
05-31-2008, 04:06 PM
I use all Griots Garage products. I have always used their clay, spray detailer called 'speed shine', and their 'best of show' wax. It works great. As well as their spray on wax which you use just after washing/squeegee and before final towel drying. It just dries right off the car. Probably doesnt do what the nano product you mentioned does but it does help extend the life of the wax on the car. So far it seems to work great.

I also use their random orbital buffer, buffer pads, boars hair wash brush, and a number of other products. All their products have been great. Except their ceramic anti seize which I dont think they sell it anymore.

I recently got their 'one step sealant'. More for a daily driver. I havent used it but am soon on my wifes car and if it does like I think it will, I will use it on my Marauder.

Leadfoot281
05-31-2008, 06:35 PM
Mothers all the way! I use their California Gold liquid wax.

Phase 1 is the cleaner wax. Phase 2 hides swirl marks, and Phase 3 adds depth and shine.

I used Mothers Clay bar once but the car was so clean it barely needed it.

The Powerball works great on wheels too.

justbob
05-31-2008, 06:55 PM
1 Mequiars gold glass
2 mequiars scratch x
and in between waxes i use a california duster everytime it leaves the garage and if it starts to get hazy i'll use meguiars quick detailer spray

rayjay
06-01-2008, 07:36 AM
Ice Detailer works very well, even in full sun.

bigbillybbs
06-01-2008, 08:38 AM
ZAINO
AWSOME STUFF...

http://www.zainostore.com/

i love ittt

CRC
06-03-2008, 04:32 AM
ZAINO
AWSOME STUFF...

http://www.zainostore.com/

i love ittt

DITTO:2thumbs:

eric jones
06-03-2008, 01:02 PM
3M "Perfect-It" a 3 stage process (4 if Black). You will need to get the special pads including the one specifically for Black paint and if you can handle a buffer this is by far the best! I have tried "zaino" and was not impressed. I have used the 3M on my car as well as a Corvette and the owner said he never knew the color was so deep. I detail cars and I have tried almost everything. It is a lengthy process but well worth the time and effort. Go to any good body shop and ask about the 3M swirl remover. This is ofcourse my honest opinion.

03Farmmarauder
06-03-2008, 03:32 PM
3M "Perfect-It" a 3 stage process (4 if Black). You will need to get the special pads including the one specifically for Black paint and if you can handle a buffer this is by far the best! I have tried "zaino" and was not impressed. I have used the 3M on my car as well as a Corvette and the owner said he never knew the color was so deep. I detail cars and I have tried almost everything. It is a lengthy process but well worth the time and effort. Go to any good body shop and ask about the 3M swirl remover. This is ofcourse my honest opinion.

I use the 3M Perfect-it on my cars and whenever i do paint work. Very good products. Im just looking for something to use between detail times.

eric jones
06-04-2008, 05:14 AM
Try Meguiars "Qwik Wax" I use this with good results and little effort. One spritz should be enough to do a panel at a time. The key is to apply a light coat. Once dry, I use a damp microfiber cloth followed immediately by a dry microfiber to polish dry. The end result is a deep wet shine. The damp and dry microfiber combination eliminates the smear that is most visible on black cars. PM me with your opinion of if this works or not.

GrazniM
06-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Try Meguiars "Qwik Wax" I use this with good results and little effort. One spritz should be enough to do a panel at a time. The key is to apply a light coat. Once dry, I use a damp microfiber cloth followed immediately by a dry microfiber to polish dry. The end result is a deep wet shine. The damp and dry microfiber combination eliminates the smear that is most visible on black cars. PM me with your opinion of if this works or not.

I use the same product, only I spray and the work it with the damp microfiber and then buff it with the dry. Looks great and is very fast to get the whole car done, but it doesnt help with swirls much.