PDA

View Full Version : installing front Naake coilovers

burt ragio
05-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Where can I find front coilover installation instructions & bolt torque ratings ?

DOOM
05-31-2008, 04:11 PM
Did you try the search box?

burt ragio
05-31-2008, 04:42 PM
Not to be a smart ass but yes for the last hour. Under shop talk "swap spring any tips" by J Man post #12 on 5/6/06 is the most informative. I need torque ratings for the nuts on coil overshock hat assembly, ball joint nut, brake calliper mount bolts.

burt ragio
06-01-2008, 03:42 AM
Today I will be installing the Naake front coil overs S/A with a spring rate of 450lbs.providing sizing is correct along with the Addco front monster sway bar. If all goes smooth I will also paint the brake calipers for a little bling. I will take photos and post soon.
If anyone has torque specs for front brake caliper mount bolts, ball joint nut, top hat nuts & piston rod nut that would be helpful.

fastblackmerc
06-01-2008, 04:09 AM
Today I will be installing the Naake front coil overs S/A with a spring rate of 450lbs.providing sizing is correct along with the Addco front monster sway bar. If all goes smooth I will also paint the brake calipers for a little bling. I will take photos and post soon.
If anyone has torque specs for front brake caliper mount bolts, ball joint nut, top hat nuts & piston rod nut that would be helpful.

You really need to invest in a shop manual...

Brakes

Front caliper bolt - 32
Front brake hose bolt - 41
Front caliper anchor plate bolt - 118
Bleeder screw - 15

Suspension

Shock to lower arm nut & flag bolt - 166
Shock top stud nut - 37
Shock to crossmember upper nuts - 22
Stabilizer bar bracket to frame nuts - 46
Stabilizer bar linknuts - 46
Upper ball joint to wheel knuckle nuts - 111
Lower ball joint to wheel knuckle nuts - 111

All are lb-ft.

I can give them to you in Nm if you want.

burt ragio
06-03-2008, 04:23 AM
Fastblackmerc - Thank you for the torque specs.