PDA

View Full Version : Just Picked up 4.10's

Richy04
06-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Does anyone have a tune for the SCT to accomodate 4.10's and a CAI (K&N)? I am looking for a 91 Octane reliable tune. Now for the questions.

I currently have Lidio tunes in my x2, If I download a tune will it overwrite one of those tunes? I know I have to flash back to stock before doing anything. I may just send it out to him and see if he has a tune for 4.10's and 91 fuel.

Also, what if someone gets a tune and then buys ie. sniper software, does it reflect the original tune or what the new tune is, and can it be modified from there? Will Sniper software read and write to tunes from a PCM that are uploaded to it from say an SCT?

Stranger in the Black Sedan
06-12-2008, 12:00 PM
I use the OLD OLD 9100 and even that unit lets you change the gear ratio. I have swapped gearsets several times and always was able to change the ratio/tire size correction myself w/ SCT's software, and then re uploading using the 9100. Your SCT x2 is much much newer than this old thing I have and it must let you change the ratio. I don't understand why people have to get "tunes" for the different ratios if the ratio is all you changed, and you already have a custom tune?

ctrlraven
06-12-2008, 01:28 PM
If you have tunes from Lidio one should be for stock 3.55 gears and the other is for 4.10s. The Xcal2 has three tune slots. If you bought the tuner from Lidio you can contact him and get an updated tune file for free I believe but as long as you bought it originally from him if he works the same way Reinhart does otherwise it's $150 for a new tune file.

Richy04
06-14-2008, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the reply,

I cant make any changes to the Lidio Tune, I wanted to keep the 91 octane tune and change it to 4.10's but I dont think this is able to be changed in the tune. Apparently in other tunes it can be done. I have to check to see what tunes are in there, right now its 91 Octane with 3.55's. I believe the other choices are 93/3.55 and 93/4.10 and it is locked out from tweaking.
I will contact Lidio for it to be sent out for 91/4.10 and keep the 93/4.10 for the track (if i ever go).

Eventually, I want to S/C this car so maybe add that one in too being I no longer need the 3.55 slots.. Tnx Richy