PDA

View Full Version : Marauderless member now with an 04 DTR

Spectragod
06-07-2008, 10:24 AM
I've been on here a bit, I still own my 05 Sport, I recently saw a 04 in the ad board for sale from Florida...... yes Eric's.

Long story short, I bought the car, drove 1100 miles to go get it to drive it to it's new home, that was a long 24 hours:eek:. This car will now reside in the Dayton Ohio area.

Eric has done most all the mods that I myself would have done, plus he had an extended care warranty that he included in the deal, we came to a mutual financial agreement, and the car is now mine:beer:.

I can honestly say I wish I would have bought/found one sooner, I looked for a nice used affordable example for over a year.

A word to sellers, if you advertise it, don't send some crappy 2 year old picture phone snap that you are trying to get stand up money out of. And then blow the buyer off, I got that treatment on several occasions.

There were other sellers that took the time to answer all questions, provide a phone # for contact etc.. And that, is what customer service is about.

There are a lot of great people on this board who know their stuff when it comes to these cars, I hope to take it all in and, maybe know .5% of what most of you guys do.

Thanks for letting me participate on the board.
SG

RoyLPita
06-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy your new ride.

rayjay
06-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Congrats on joining the DTR Club. I will rejoin when mine gets out of the shop. Wrecked it this morning on the way to the Carlisle meet. :(

1of327
06-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Wrecked it this morning on the way to the Carlisle meet. :([/quote]

How wrecked is it?

huot5
06-07-2008, 10:50 AM
welcome Spectragod, you will definitely get plenty of compliments and enjoyment from your new ride. and it has plenty of mods to boot...

rayjay
06-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Wrecked it this morning on the way to the Carlisle meet. :(

How wrecked is it?[/quote]

Well, it is sort of driveable and I still a right headlamp. Deer are so cute, just not as hood ornaments...

jgc61sr2002
06-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Congrats on your purchase.:D

justbob
06-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Welcome aboard

Brian Humphries
06-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Hey SpectraGod,! Glad to hear ya found wat U were looking for. I adopted mine from a dealer. Took me a yr. to find the rite 1 also. But rite off had to put in new axles.:censor::mad2: Since then it's been little nick, nacky upgrades. No further issues yet. Have a great summer and hope to hook up at Tri-State Dragway 2 bust'em off a couple o' times:banana2:Welcome aboard sailor!!!!!!!!!!!

carfixer
06-08-2008, 06:46 AM
Spectra, I may be the only person that Eric ever let drive his car.
That is as new a Marauder you could have bought. Enjoy it!

the_pack_rat
06-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Spectra, I may be the only person that Eric ever let drive his car.
That is as new a Marauder you could have bought. Enjoy it!

:P

Actually ... Suzi drove it ONCE, the first time you met her.

You had my Town Car for a few days and we came down to pick it up.

I drove the TC home & she followed me in the MM.

And IIRC, the only reason I didn't drive the MM back was ..... you had told me the gas smelled kinda funky in the TC, when you changed the fuel filter.

So, I brought a couple of cans of Seafoam down with me, to dump in the TC for the ride back ... but I wanted to make sure the TC got a nice an thorough "workout" on the way home to be sure the Seafoam mixed in real good & made it's way thru the entire fuel system, to clean it out.

She didn't even try to keep up(probably a GOOD thing) ... tho she certainly would have & then some if she did.

:o

the_pack_rat
06-08-2008, 03:33 PM
I've been on here a bit, I still own my 05 Sport, I recently saw a 04 in the ad board for sale from Florida...... yes Eric's.

Long story short, I bought the car, drove 1100 miles to go get it to drive it to it's new home, that was a long 24 hours:eek:. This car will now reside in the Dayton Ohio area.

Eric has done most all the mods that I myself would have done, plus he had an extended care warranty that he included in the deal, we came to a mutual financial agreement, and the car is now mine:beer:.

I can honestly say I wish I would have bought/found one sooner, I looked for a nice used affordable example for over a year.

A word to sellers, if you advertise it, don't send some crappy 2 year old picture phone snap that you are trying to get stand up money out of. And then blow the buyer off, I got that treatment on several occasions.

There were other sellers that took the time to answer all questions, provide a phone # for contact etc.. And that, is what customer service is about.

There are a lot of great people on this board who know their stuff when it comes to these cars, I hope to take it all in and, maybe know .5% of what most of you guys do.

Thanks for letting me participate on the board.
SG

Darren,

I'm glad you were in the market and you are happy with your purchase.

I can rest easier knowing it went to someone that will take pride in it, like I did.

The are no words that can describe how much I will miss that car.

Rest assured, I will own another when the time is right.

:beer: