PDA

View Full Version : Southeastern NC Mustang Club Car Show

fastblackmerc
06-09-2008, 03:48 AM
Show will be on 10/25 at the Independence Mall in Wilmington, NC.

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/sencmc/index_009.htm

SC Cheesehead
06-09-2008, 04:41 AM
Show will be on 10/25 at the Independence Mall in Wilmington, NC.

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/sencmc/index_009.htm

Hooha, gonna plan to make this one again, for sure!

SCCH

Marauderman
06-09-2008, 06:14 AM
Great --the date is ok --now see if Ms. M is willing and hope there won't be any interruptions to interfer with this trip..last year was fun ....may go down again a few days ahead like last year --a lot to look around and do --..beach was fun too......as well as the food there.....yum--yum--

fastblackmerc
06-10-2008, 02:02 PM
:mad2: Bad news..... :mad2:

My social director has just told me that I will be attending a wedding on that date :bigcry::bigcry:

I'd blow off the wedding but the daughter of one of our good friends is getting married. He'd understand cause he's a car guy too, but my wife and his won't......

This SUCKS!!!!

Hope you guys have a good time!

vonirkinshtine
06-10-2008, 04:02 PM
I shound go ahead and book the hotel now! October will give me plenty of time to make sure I don't end up 2nd in class again (anybody know of any body shops that won't take me for a ride?).

Marauderman
06-14-2008, 05:29 AM
(anybody know of any body shops that won't take me for a ride?).

......not trying to hi-jack-but ---you didn't have a metal bender did ya?

Marauderman
06-14-2008, 05:33 AM
:mad2: Bad news..... :mad2:

My social director has just told me that I will be attending a wedding on that date :bigcry::bigcry:

I'd blow off the wedding but the daughter of one of our good friends is getting married. He'd understand cause he's a car guy too, but my wife and his won't......

This SUCKS!!!!

Hope you guys have a good time!

WOW--I thought you got to call at least one monthly event of your own---dang man!!.....uh.....maybe a work crisis near there could develope.......and Ms fast could tell you all about the wedding later.......that would be lucky now wouldn't it.....hummmmm

fastblackmerc
06-16-2008, 09:04 AM
Looks like I'm going to be there after all :banana2::banana2::banana2:

vonirkinshtine
06-17-2008, 01:44 PM
......not trying to hi-jack-but ---you didn't have a metal bender did ya?

I did have a metal bender back when I worked at Joe Gibbs.

Marauderman
06-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Looks like I'm going to be there after all :banana2::banana2::banana2:

THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!! Wonder if any of my clues helped--- don't matter--just glad you'll be there---

I did have a metal bender back when I worked at Joe Gibbs.

I meant to your CV--not the machine in the garage......which is it?

vonirkinshtine
06-17-2008, 01:53 PM
P.S. let's start thinking about where we want to stay.

There is a Hampton Inn a block away from the mall (2320 South 17th St., Wilmington, NC)

Also, there is a Howard Johnson around where we stayed last year
(3901 Market Street, Wilmington, NC)

I mentioned the HoJo because I get a discount there (I could probably get us all a discount). Right now it looks like around $63.00 per night per room.

Marauderman
06-17-2008, 04:37 PM
P.S. let's start thinking about where we want to stay.

There is a Hampton Inn a block away from the mall (2320 South 17th St., Wilmington, NC)

Also, there is a Howard Johnson around where we stayed last year
(3901 Market Street, Wilmington, NC)

I mentioned the HoJo because I get a discount there (I could probably get us all a discount). Right now it looks like around $63.00 per night per room.

fast stays free----so he is out as far as counting him in for this---try and see what you can get for several of us--discount that is--tellum cause of gas and all--we'd stay with them if they gave some discounts-----I don't remember what we paid last year------I may come down several days early --tellum --if the price is wright --and check out the area for stuff....

vonirkinshtine
06-17-2008, 05:00 PM
I meant to your CV--not the machine in the garage......which is it?

Wait....huh? :confused:

fastblackmerc
06-17-2008, 05:49 PM
fast stays free----so he is out as far as counting him in for this---try and see what you can get for several of us--discount that is--tellum cause of gas and all--we'd stay with them if they gave some discounts-----I don't remember what we paid last year------I may come down several days early --tellum --if the price is wright --and check out the area for stuff....
I'll be staying at my daughters place this time. We can wash & detail cars there if needed.

Marauderman
06-19-2008, 05:27 PM
I'll be staying at my daughters place this time. We can wash & detail cars there if needed.

Now thats what I'm talking about-=--and more fun too...thanks Jim....

SC Cheesehead
07-22-2008, 09:22 AM

We'll be staying at our kid's place as well, but I think we need to plan another Friday night get-together. Someplace that has Blue Moon, I know Tom has acquired a taste for it.:beer:

DOOM
07-22-2008, 10:28 AM
I may try to make a weekend out of this.

Marauderman
07-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Oh Yeah--Just checked and will be off from the Wed. before thru to MOn--so will prolly go down on Wed and stay thru to Sunday for drive back then----like we did last year--visit the town for a few days before the Sat. day on the lot--MsM can go across the lot and do Mall shopping as well---

and maybe Cheese, we'll get to enjoy somemore of that Bru under the tents at the other end of the lot like last year---------

So where did we stay last year--fast--anyone?---so three of us and one CV---we need more!!!!!!!!

DOOM
07-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Where do i register?

SC Cheesehead
07-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Oh Yeah--Just checked and will be off from the Wed. before thru to MOn--so will prolly go down on Wed and stay thru to Sunday for drive back then----like we did last year--visit the town for a few days before the Sat. day on the lot--MsM can go across the lot and do Mall shopping as well---

and maybe Cheese, we'll get to enjoy somemore of that Bru under the tents at the other end of the lot like last year---------
Unfortunately, this year's Oktoberfest is scheduled for the weekend before the car show, but we can always have one of our own after the show.:beer:

So where did we stay last year--fast--anyone?---so three of us and one CV---we need more!!!!!!!!You guys stayed at the Holiday Inn on Market Street.
5032 MARKET STREET
WILMINGTON, NC 28405 UNITED STATES (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/ilmms/transportation)
Hotel Front Desk: 1-910-3921101

I'll try to get into town earlier this year so that we can spend a bit more time on Friday evening.

DOOM
07-22-2008, 12:56 PM
How many days are you guys going to be there?

vonirkinshtine
07-22-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm taking friday off so I can drive up thursday evening and chill at the beach all day friday. Then I'll leave after the show saturday.

fastblackmerc
07-22-2008, 01:53 PM
I'll be there 1st thing Friday afternoon.

Marauderman
07-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Prolly go down on Wed and drive back Sunday after brunch---a 4 day thingy-

Marauderman
07-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Any place other than the Inn on Market Street---it was ok last year --but might be nice to try another place--anyone know of places????

SC Cheesehead
07-23-2008, 07:58 AM
How many days are you guys going to be there?

A couple are coming down early, Jim and I will arrive in town some time Friday afternoon (albeit from different directions). I'll head back to SC Sunday afternoon.

If you have the time available, and you've never been to Wilmington before, suggest to try to get into town a day or two early, there are a bunch of things to see and do.

SC Cheesehead
07-23-2008, 08:00 AM
Any place other than the Inn on Market Street---it was ok last year --but might be nice to try another place--anyone know of places????

Lots of places available in Wilmington, you may even want to take a look at Wrightsville Beach, it's about 5 miles or so to the east, and right on the coast.

Otherwise, there's a bunch of hotels on College Ave.

fastblackmerc
07-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Where do i register?

No registration required!

We usually meet and go out for dinner Friday night where we make plans on what time and where to meet on Saturday morning so we all roll in together.

fastblackmerc
07-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Hotels:

A. Hilton-Wilmington Riverside - www.hilton.com - (910) 763-5900
B. Best Western Coastline Inn - www.coastlineinn.com - (910) 763-2800
C. Days Inn Wilmington Market Street - www.daysinn.com - (910) 799-6300
D. Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington - www.marriott.com - (910) 395-8224
E. Holiday Inn-Wilmington - www.wilmingtonhi.com - (910) 392-1101
F. Hampton Inn Wilmington - www.redroof.com - (800) 843-9999
G. Carolinian Inn - www.thecarolinianinn.com - (910) 763-4653
H. Extended Stay America Wilmington - New Centre Dr. - www.extendedstayhotels.com - (910) 793-4508
I. Jameson Inn-Wilmington - www.jamesoninns.com - (910) 452-5660
J. MainStay Suites - www.mainstaysuites.com - (910) 392-1741

Websites with more hotels:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&q=hotels&near=Wilmington,+N+Carolina&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=2

http://hotel-guides.us/north-carolina/wilmington-nc-hotels.html

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-478397-wilmington_vacations-i

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-478397-wilmington_hotels-i

There is a Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort on the beach in Wilmington, very nice but very expensive.

vonirkinshtine
07-25-2008, 08:05 AM
I can get a deal at HoJo, but my discount code won't let me coat-tail anyone else in. So if we decide on another hotel I'll say "screw it" to the discount. Staying with you guys was half the fun last year.

Steve_NC
08-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Jane and I are planning on going to this one again. It will be great to see everyone again. Any updates on where we are going to stay?

vonirkinshtine
08-06-2008, 04:42 AM
nope, no updates, lol.

C'mon guys. We're coming up on the 2 month mark.

Marauderman
08-06-2008, 05:23 AM
Jane and I are planning on going to this one again. It will be great to see everyone again. Any updates on where we are going to stay?

nope, no updates, lol.

C'mon guys. We're coming up on the 2 month mark.

I'll look over the hotels and post up what where we might stay--hold up getting reservations--then wait to hear from yall----then confirm the stay somewhere....stay tuned.....

SC Cheesehead
08-30-2008, 08:06 AM
Hey guys, found us a place to eat at Friday night before the car show.

Capt. Bill's Backyard Grill just off Market St. Great food, good beer, sand volleyball courts to watch while dining/drinking. Ms. CH and I checked it out this weekend while visiting the kids.

http://www.captnbills.com/

fastblackmerc
08-30-2008, 08:33 AM
Hey guys, found us a place to eat at Friday night before the car show.

Capt. Bill's Backyard Grill just off Market St. Great food, good beer, sand volleyball courts to watch while dining/drinking. Ms. CH and I checked it out this weekend while visiting the kids.

http://www.captnbills.com/

Sounds good. If you want barbecue I suggest Jackson's Big Oak Barbecue.

http://wilmington.cape.fear.dininggui de.com/data/d101120.htm

vonirkinshtine
09-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Ok, so I've personally narrowed it down to the following:

Quality Inn
Days Inn
HoJo
Ramada

All 4 of these are on Market St. (the road we stayed off of last year). I picked these because I can stay 3 nights (thursday-sunday) for less than $250.

The Ramada looks very nice :cool: IMHO

fastblackmerc
09-04-2008, 05:11 AM
Ok, so I've personally narrowed it down to the following:

Quality Inn
Days Inn
HoJo
Ramada

All 4 of these are on Market St. (the road we stayed off of last year). I picked these because I can stay 3 nights (thursday-sunday) for less than $250.

The Ramada looks very nice :cool: IMHO

That's not a bad price.

vonirkinshtine
09-04-2008, 11:04 AM
So, are you officially saying that you'd vote for the Ramada?

fastblackmerc
09-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Don't think my vote should count. I'm staying at my daughter place.

SC Cheesehead
09-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Don't think my vote should count. I'm staying at my daughter place.

Me too, Jim, but what the heck, let's throw our :twocents: in.

The Ramada sounds good to me, although I've stayed at the Quality Inn a couple times, and that wasn't too bad either.

fastblackmerc
09-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Me too, Jim, but what the heck, let's throw our :twocents: in.

The Ramada sounds good to me, although I've stayed at the Quality Inn a couple times, and that wasn't too bad either.

OK... I vote for the Ramada Inn! :banana2:

vonirkinshtine
09-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Ok, I vote Ramada too.

So that makes 3!

SC Cheesehead
09-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Ok, I vote Ramada too.

So that makes 3!

What happens if the other guys want to stay somewhere else, is the whole deal off?;)

vonirkinshtine
09-05-2008, 05:10 AM
No, it just means they're loosers :flamer:

Steve_NC
09-07-2008, 04:51 PM
The Ramada is good with me and wife. See you there!

Marauderman
09-07-2008, 06:00 PM
I feel like smoking one who said loser....:lol:...Ramada ...uuhmmm...well it is different--but they all are alike --really---guess I check and CEEEeee.....

SC Cheesehead
09-07-2008, 06:04 PM
We're planning to drive up to ILM on Friday morning, how's about we start making plans for a time/place to meet up on that afternoon. Should we make Capt. Bill's the rendezvous point?:beer:

Marauderman
09-07-2008, 06:08 PM
We're planning to drive up to ILM on Friday morning, how's about we start making plans for a time/place to meet up on that afternoon. Should we make Capt. Bill's the rendezvous point?:beer:

We haven't decided when we're coming up yet--need to re-check Capt.Bills place and all--but ...we still have time...prolly Thurs ...Fri is abit a rush for us to get there and enjoy ya'll and all..:lol:

But I know what your thinking--I do have a RUSH car!!

SC Cheesehead
09-07-2008, 06:14 PM
We haven't decided when we're coming up yet--need to re-check Capt.Bills place and all--but ...we still have time...prolly Thurs ...Fri is abit a rush for us to get there and enjoy ya'll and all..:lol:

But I know what your thinking--I do have a RUSH car!!

In the words of the late Jerry Reed, "we've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there."

Not too fussy on where we meet up, just as long as it's some place where we can cut the dust, so to speak (preferably with Blue Moon.):drink:

fastblackmerc
09-07-2008, 06:31 PM

I should be in ILM by noon Friday.

SC Cheesehead
09-07-2008, 06:34 PM
I should be in ILM by noon Friday.

Our ETA is tied directly to how much time I spend at the Harbor Freight outlet store en-route.

fastblackmerc
09-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Our ETA is tied directly to how much time I spend at the Harbor Freight outlet store en-route.

Been there............ Done that!:banana:

vonirkinshtine
09-07-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm heading up wednesday evening with the girlfriend. We were going to spend all day thursday seeing the sights because she's never seen the ocean. So we were going to do that before the neighborhood goes to the dogs friday evening ;-)

I'll make a phone call to the Ramada this week to see if we can get a group rate. Let me see if I have a curent count of people coming.

1) myself and girlfriend
2) Steve and wife
3) Tom and Mrs. Marauderman

Rex and Jim will be staying with family. I think Frank (red GM from UNCC that was out with us last year) will come out just for the day again. I'll see if he wants to get a room. I'll hit CVN hard to see if I can't get anymore Carolina panther drivers to commit.

Marauderman
09-08-2008, 04:30 AM
I'm heading up wednesday evening with the girlfriend. We were going to spend all day thursday seeing the sights because she's never seen the ocean. So we were going to do that before the neighborhood goes to the dogs friday evening ;-)

I'll make a phone call to the Ramada this week to see if we can get a group rate. Let me see if I have a curent count of people coming.

1) myself and girlfriend
2) Steve and wife
3) Tom and Mrs. Marauderman

Rex and Jim will be staying with family. I think Frank (red GM from UNCC that was out with us last year) will come out just for the day again. I'll see if he wants to get a room. I'll hit CVN hard to see if I can't get anymore Carolina panther drivers to commit.

Sounds fine----be waiting to hear what you find out on the accomo's....

vonirkinshtine
09-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Add one more to the Ramada list, Frank will be staying with us friday night. He said that detailing the car that morning at the show was a PITA, hahaha.

That brings the count to

1) Vonirkinshtine and girlfriend
2) Mr. and Mrs. SteveNC
3) Mr. and Mrs. Marauderman
4) Frank

SC Cheesehead
09-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Add one more to the Ramada list, Frank will be staying with us friday night. He said that detailing the car that morning at the show was a PITA, hahaha.

That brings the count to

2) Mr. and Mrs. SteveNC
4) Frank

Me and the Mrs. won't need a room (staying with the daughter and son-in-law), but keep me in to loop as to everyone's ETA so we can get together Friday evening.

Marauderman
09-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Believe that will be 10 folks with 3 MM's and one CV..+.the other?? am I correct?

vonirkinshtine
09-10-2008, 03:15 PM
yeah, we had one more MM last year, correct?

fastblackmerc
09-10-2008, 03:24 PM
We need to try & get Russ and the Professor there.

SC Cheesehead
09-10-2008, 05:06 PM
We need to try & get Russ and the Professor there.
Russ and I will be going to MVVI, I'll talk to him about Wilmington while we're there.

vonirkinshtine
09-10-2008, 05:26 PM
There we go, that's what I'm talking about!

03mmmonroe
09-10-2008, 06:30 PM
I will be going to wilmington. I will see you there. 03mmmonroe.

fastblackmerc
09-10-2008, 11:26 PM
I will be going to wilmington. I will see you there. 03mmmonroe.

Great!

Now we have to get the Professor onboard.

vonirkinshtine
09-11-2008, 07:11 AM
Russ, how long you going to stay in Wilmington?

Marauderman
09-16-2008, 07:06 AM

That brings the count to

2) Mr. and Mrs. SteveNC
4) Frank

Did you get info from Ramada on the accomo's ---cost break or anything---or should I just call'um-BTW--Where ( what street) is it again?

vonirkinshtine
09-17-2008, 04:23 AM
Market St. Just a couple of blocks down from where we stayed last year.

vonirkinshtine
09-17-2008, 09:57 AM
OK UPDATE!

Tom, hang up the phone I already called them. Their "big group rate" doesn't really kick in until like 10 or 12 rooms, but she did give me a 5% discount anyways.

So, here's the rundown

6 rooms reserved starting Oct. 23rd (Thurs. night) checking out the 26th (Sun. morning). The rate for each night is $66.25. I made it easy on myself and made each room a non-smoking double. If people aren't coming until friday let me know and I'll adjust the reservation. BUT LET ME KNOW AT LEAST 72hrs BEFORE OCT. 23rd.

If there's anything we need to change to the reservation let me know.

OH, we're registered under "Carolina Marauders".

Marauderman
09-18-2008, 04:00 AM
OK UPDATE!

Tom, hang up the phone I already called them. Their "big group rate" doesn't really kick in until like 10 or 12 rooms, but she did give me a 5% discount anyways.

So, here's the rundown

6 rooms reserved starting Oct. 23rd (Thurs. night) checking out the 26th (Sun. morning). The rate for each night is $66.25. I made it easy on myself and made each room a non-smoking double. If people aren't coming until friday let me know and I'll adjust the reservation. BUT LET ME KNOW AT LEAST 72hrs BEFORE OCT. 23rd.

Ok--We will be leaving thursday afternoon the 23rd about 1PM from here arriving later in PM---so go ahead and get us in for three(3) days ----if you need more info --Pm me or call me--Tks.

vonirkinshtine
09-18-2008, 04:49 AM
Leaving from Charlotte? You want to "convoy"?

Marauderman
09-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Leaving from Charlotte? You want to "convoy"?

I guess we could---my plan is to pick up Ms M downtown by the hospital on
4th street and head towards 74 to Monroe...Ms M should be ready about noon hopefully or thereabouts.....does that fit into anywhere for you??

vonirkinshtine
09-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Yeah, that should work for me. I'm still working to see if anyone else from the Charlotte area is going.

Random question...anybody else wouldn't happen to have a CB radio as well would they?

Marauderman
09-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah, that should work for me. I'm still working to see if anyone else from the Charlotte area is going.

Random question...anybody else wouldn't happen to have a CB radio as well would they?

I found some old FM radio car to car hand-held radios type cleaning out some stuff this weekend in the garage--let me put some new batteries in them and check them out--if they work you can have one and another car the other--(maybe me--)some 2 miles or so distance ---I'll get back with you--

Marauderman
09-22-2008, 03:10 PM

check your PM--on other stuff--

Marauderman
09-24-2008, 05:03 PM
If there is a gas issue for 93 --I will have to bail out--I will not use other lower octane in my beauty--period---So I hope there is no problems with getting 93 outside Charlotte to Wilimington--I will be checking before I get reg.

vonirkinshtine
09-25-2008, 04:35 AM
Yeah...this blows. I was out on the coast this past weekend and I didn't have a problem trying to find gas. I'll check the Wilmington news outlets to see if they're having as big of a problem as the Charlotte area is.

*edit* I just checked the website for NBC News 6 out of Wilmington NC (www.wect.com (http://www.wect.com)) they make no mention of "gas shortages" anywhere on any of their news pages. I think Charlotte just sucks.

SC Cheesehead
09-25-2008, 04:53 AM
Gas shortages seem to be more prevalent in the western Carolinas (found out the hard way coming back from MVVI). Unless we get another big blow along the Gulf Coast between now and 10/25, we should be okay on gas supplies.

fastblackmerc
09-25-2008, 07:23 AM
Gas shortages seem to be more prevalent in the western Carolinas (found out the hard way coming back from MVVI). Unless we get another big blow along the Gulf Coast between now and 10/25, we should be okay on gas supplies.

There shouldn't be any problem getting 93 octane. My daughter hasn't seen any station out of gas, was in Fayetteville last week - got gas and last Saturday the wife and I went to a winery in Wagram, N.C. - plenty of gas there.

Marauderman
09-25-2008, 05:30 PM
the wife and I went to a winery in Wagram, N.C. - plenty of gas there.

........foueeee....in whose car you go in?The MOST recognized one or that "other"--:lol:--sorry--couldn't help it---my bad!

fastblackmerc
09-26-2008, 04:20 AM
........foueeee....in whose car you go in?The MOST recognized one or that "other"--:lol:--sorry--couldn't help it---my bad!

What car do you think I drove?

Marauderman
09-26-2008, 04:35 AM
What car do you think I drove?

I hear ya--I'm having withdraws--need to blow out the doors a bit--darn gas crunch--no 93 around--much less 87 around here---.....hummmmm-it better get better soon......

vonirkinshtine
09-26-2008, 06:40 AM
Tom, what happens if you go south? Still shortages in South Carolina?

Marauderman
09-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Tom, what happens if you go south? Still shortages in South Carolina?

Somewhat--Carrowinds is still out as of this morning---Plan on checking locals near home tomorrow earily in AM and if a problem will go to Clover,SC near by--they should have pleanty--thats about 15 miles away---

vonirkinshtine
10-03-2008, 06:13 AM
Ok, I've had a change in plans. I have to be back in Charlotte saturday night, so I will be leaving for the coast wednesday after work. That'll give me and Karen all day thursday and friday to relax at the beach. Saturday I'll do the show and leave afterwords.

Since I am currently the keeper of the reservations, I need to know from everyone what their ittineraries are for that weekend so I can tell the hotel how long we need each room booked for.

Also, it's this month! Push hard to get as many panther drivers out as you can!

SC Cheesehead
10-03-2008, 08:24 AM
Ok, I've had a change in plans. I have to be back in Charlotte saturday night, so I will be leaving for the coast wednesday after work. That'll give me and Karen all day thursday and friday to relax at the beach. Saturday I'll do the show and leave afterwords.

Since I am currently the keeper of the reservations, I need to know from everyone what their ittineraries are for that weekend so I can tell the hotel how long we need each room booked for.

Also, it's this month! Push hard to get as many panther drivers out as you can!

Anybody contacted Professor?

We're going to stay with the kids, will be there mid-afternoon on Friday; need to plan evening itinerary.

03mmmonroe
10-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Hello Rex, I will be staying at holiday inn ON ford so FREE. I will not be getting to Willimington until 8:00 pm so I may pass on Dinner. Russ

fastblackmerc
10-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Anybody contacted Professor?

We're going to stay with the kids, will be there mid-afternoon on Friday; need to plan evening itinerary.

I sent him a couple of PM's, hasn't returned any of them. It wouod be nice to have an SB there, then all we'd need is a DTR.

SC Cheesehead
10-03-2008, 01:23 PM
I sent him a couple of PM's, hasn't returned any of them. It wouod be nice to have an SB there, then all we'd need is a DTR.

Maybe if we offer to pay for Agent's gas, he'd entertain a little road trip for that weekend....;)

vonirkinshtine
10-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Hey, are we all going to need fire extinguishers again like we did last year?

fastblackmerc
10-09-2008, 10:02 AM

Yes, I believe it's a show requirement, something to do with insurance.

vonirkinshtine
10-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Ok, I've been meaning to mount mine in the trunk anyways.

Marauderman
10-09-2008, 01:08 PM

I got extra ones if needed --let me know---and thanks for the reminder--

Marauderman
10-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Say---is the Ramada we are using the one at 5001 Market St. near I-40, ph # 910-799-1730??????????

Marauderman
10-09-2008, 01:33 PM
OK UPDATE!

So, here's the rundown

Hey-- the link below from their web page gives a room at 64.95+ Tax per night---maybe you need to call back and discuss...or should I....I was gonna anyway ----let me know...

http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/check_avail?areaCode=&brandCode=RA,MQ,DI,HJ,KG,SE,TL ,BU&searchWithinMiles=25&areaType=1&destination=Wilmington&state=NC&country=US&checkInDate=10/24&numberAdults=1&numberRooms=1&checkOutDate=10/26&numberChildren=0&numberBigChildren=0&rate=000&smoking=no&bed=2&promotionCode=&corporateCode=&iataNumber=&variant=&id=00125&propBrandId=RA&force_nostay=false

SC Cheesehead
10-10-2008, 04:06 AM
I got extra ones if needed --let me know---and thanks for the reminder--

One for me, thanks!

vonirkinshtine
10-10-2008, 05:33 AM
hm, ok....I'll check on that. I need to start finalizing the reservations anyways.

Marauderman
10-10-2008, 07:35 AM
One for me, thanks!

Gotcha covered

Marauderman
10-10-2008, 07:38 AM
hm, ok....I'll check on that. I need to start finalizing the reservations anyways.

.....and ask if their is a reservation # set aside for us to identify us just in case---not sure if that will be needed but maybe a good thought anyway....or would LAST names be necessary--..if so ....PM us.......

Marauderman
10-12-2008, 04:37 PM
since there has been no response--I will call the Ramada and see what is what--

Gordonfan24
10-15-2008, 05:56 PM

Just saw this.
Letting you know that I'll stay Friday and Saturday night, but not Thursday.

And on the topic of fire extinguishers, I will need to borrow one again, marauderman, if you've got another to spare. :)

vonirkinshtine
10-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Tom, did you call the hotel? I will be calling tomorrow to finalize my reservation because changes must be made before 72hrs prior to check-in. Karen and I will be checking in wednesday evening.

Marauderman
10-19-2008, 05:32 AM
Tom, did you call the hotel? I will be calling tomorrow to finalize my reservation because changes must be made before 72hrs prior to check-in. Karen and I will be checking in wednesday evening.

TO ALL ATTENDING:

Unfortunately, Me and Ms Marauderman will not be attending this event. Due to Ms M's wreck last Tuesday loosing her car and her physical brusing , she does not feel up to the trip. We have purchased another replacement car, which is identical to her '97 T-Bird with only 65K on the clock . She is very happy. The car was garaged pass 10 years and well taken car of.. We unfortunately just have to much stuff in addition that has come up that we must take care of----timing just became BAD!!

THE FIRE EXTINGUISHERS: Eric-- PLease contact me and I will give you pleanty to take down for all who need them--To those receiveing them...--please keep them from us....

Gordonfan24
10-19-2008, 07:43 AM
I'm very sorry to hear that. Hope she's doing well!

Marauderman
10-19-2008, 07:20 PM
:bump::bump::bump:

TO ALL ATTENDING:

Unfortunately, Me and Ms Marauderman will not be attending this event. Due to Ms M's wreck last Tuesday loosing her car and her physical brusing , she does not feel up to the trip. We have purchased another replacement car, which is identical to her '97 T-Bird with only 65K on the clock . She is very happy. The car was garaged pass 10 years and well taken car of.. We unfortunately just have to much stuff in addition that has come up that we must take care of----timing just became BAD!!

THE FIRE EXTINGUISHERS: Eric-- PLease contact me and I will give you pleanty to take down for all who need them--To those receiveing them...--please keep them from us....

vonirkinshtine
10-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Alright, Tom, I will give you a call this week and pick up a handfull of extingsuhers.

Sorry to hear that circumstances will keep you away from Wilmington. I wish a speedy recovery for the mrs!

vonirkinshtine
10-20-2008, 05:48 AM
Fastblack, where are you staying for the weekend?

fastblackmerc
10-20-2008, 06:10 AM
Fastblack, where are you staying for the weekend?

At my daughters condo. About 3 or 4 miles from the mall where the car show is.

vonirkinshtine
10-20-2008, 08:00 AM
Ok, so you and Rex are staying with family? Gotcha. Ok, so I'm going to confirm 3 rooms (myself, SteveNC, and GordonFan) at the Ramada. I'm having them check on the rate discrepency as well because if you go online you can get those rooms for $50. I was quoted at $65.

Here's a quick rundown:

Vonirkinshine with Crown Vic - Ramada
SteveNC with 'Rauder - Ramada
GordonFan24 with Grand Marq - Ramada
Fastblack with 'Rauder - family
Cheesehead with 'Rauder - family
03mmmonroe with'Rauder - Holiday Inn

4 Marauders, 1 Crown Vic, 1 Grand Marquis.

We need to bring a cardboard cutout of Tom, lol

vonirkinshtine
10-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Ok, I talked with the "group reservation" lady at the Ramada. We may have to ditch our "group" status since we only need 3 rooms. That being the case, Frank, Steve, I may need you to call yourselves and place the reservation. Oh, and the $50 rate is with a 3-night stay. There is a 20% discount applied if you stay 3 nights or more. So, if you're only staying 2 nights, the rate is still $65

Marauderman
10-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Eric---Thanks for picking up the extinguishers for all---Hope they servce everyone well--Take pleanty of Pics!!!

SC Cheesehead
10-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Eric---Thanks for picking up the extinguishers for all---Hope they servce everyone well--Take pleanty of Pics!!!

Gonna miss you Tom, say hi to the Mrs., and pass along best wishes from Terry and me.

Gordonfan24
10-22-2008, 05:06 AM
Ok, I talked with the "group reservation" lady at the Ramada. We may have to ditch our "group" status since we only need 3 rooms. That being the case, Frank, Steve, I may need you to call yourselves and place the reservation. Oh, and the $50 rate is with a 3-night stay. There is a 20% discount applied if you stay 3 nights or more. So, if you're only staying 2 nights, the rate is still $65
I made my reservation last night.
Signed up for some program and got a $30 mail-in rebate, too. I just have to remember to cancel before the free trial ends. :D

vonirkinshtine
10-22-2008, 05:42 AM
hahahaha, nice job Frank!

Hey, we need to exchange phone numbers so we can hunt each other down friday for dinner. I'm also thinking that we should hit up the do-it-yourself car wash down the street from the hotel friday night.

Oh and Tom, no problem! EVERYONE, DON'T WORRY ABOUT EXTINGUISHERS. I HAVE 80lbs WORTH OF EXTINGUISHERS IN MY TRUNK.

SC Cheesehead
10-23-2008, 08:54 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, weather forecast for tomorrow is thundershowers and windy, high in the low 70's.

I'm planning to bring my canopy, so we'll stay relatively dry. Make sure you bring lawn chairs.

fastblackmerc
10-23-2008, 09:01 AM
The show is rain or shine.......

See everyone there.

vonirkinshtine
10-23-2008, 05:26 PM
I have a canopy too, so no worries.

Oh, idea! Today Karen and I went to the USS North Carolina, and they have a section of parking lot that would make for a great group photo-op in front of the battle ship. What do you say, group photo after the show?

fastblackmerc
10-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Sounds good.

SC Cheesehead
10-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Sounds good.

+1

I love battleships, and getting a pic of a bunch of Marauders in front of the "Showboat" would be great.

Marauderman
10-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Ok Guys---Haven't seen the pics alot of you said you would post ----so where are the show pics from today???????????

SC Cheesehead
10-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Ok Guys---Haven't seen the pics alot of you said you would post ----so where are the show pics from today???????????

I didn't have a functional camera along with me, the other guys are en-route home this evening, would expect pics to be posted tomorrow.

Missed a good show, bubba. FBM walked away with "Best detailed engine bay," the rest of us also took home some hardware.

Marauderman
10-26-2008, 08:44 AM
Missed a good show, bubba. FBM walked away with "Best detailed engine bay," the rest of us also took home some hardware.

It figures....FBM ...best to always be around him in any event....things seem to become bestowed upon him at events as such....and maybe to you if your next to him..hence why I try to park aside him whenever we're together.

Glad all had a good time...and I got your PM...will review and see what I can bring up for discussion...

Marauderman
10-26-2008, 05:01 PM
I didn't have a functional camera along with me, the other guys are en-route home this evening, would expect pics to be posted tomorrow.

Are you sure there were pics taken ........haven't seen any as yet...........just checking......hellow---anyone out there who took pics----forgot--long ride back and it takes time to rest-------can't you tell we wished we were there........oh well....check back later....

Gordonfan24
10-26-2008, 05:27 PM
The batteries in my camera went dead... I got a couple pictures, though. The engine you see in one of the first pictures was the twin-turbo Ford GT. :banana2:

Link to Photobucket album (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v698/Gordonfan24/SENCMC08/?start=all)

I had to get a couple pictures of the SS 454. For one, it was in amazing shape. And two, it's one of my mom's dream cars, so I had to show her. :)

...by the way, thanks for the fire extinguisher!

Marauderman
10-26-2008, 07:07 PM
The batteries in my camera went dead... I got a couple pictures, though. The engine you see in one of the first pictures was the twin-turbo Ford GT. :banana2:

Link to Photobucket album (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v698/Gordonfan24/SENCMC08/?start=all)

I had to get a couple pictures of the SS 454. For one, it was in amazing shape. And two, it's one of my mom's dream cars, so I had to show her. :)

...by the way, thanks for the fire extinguisher!

your pics are great except for some Blue car that seems to get in the shot all the time..:lol:
..and your welcome on the extinguisher...keep it handy....

vonirkinshtine
10-26-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm working on posting a link to a bunch of photos I took...give me a couple of minutes.

SC Cheesehead
10-27-2008, 04:27 AM
your pics are great except for some Blue car that seems to get in the shot all the time..:lol:
..and your welcome on the extinguisher...keep it handy....

It HAD to be the cleanest car in the group (friggin' rain!).

+2 on the fire extinguisher

fastblackmerc
10-27-2008, 06:48 AM
+3 on the extinguishers... got 2 to add to the home collection.