PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Metco Carbon fiber intake tube

J D
06-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Saw a good number of them on the Marauders at Carlisle and I need to get one of these on mine right now!

PM or reply to this tread.

ts-pa
06-11-2008, 09:52 PM
IIRC that is a very rare item!

rayjay
06-12-2008, 12:48 AM

I couldn't justrify the cost when they were available, not to mention some have cracked...

J D
06-12-2008, 04:05 PM
What does IIRC mean?, and yes it is kinda rare.

I couldn't justify the cost when they were available, not to mention some have cracked...

cracked? :depress: I had never heard of it happening, what should I look for? And here I though it was going to be absolutely solid seeing how the JLTs can sometimes warp. :o

Also to any mods, can you move this to the MM parts wanted section? I must not have noticed it was the wrong place when I posted.

FastMerc
06-12-2008, 04:11 PM
I have had no problems with mine,they do crack do to over tightning of the hose clamps.

ts-pa
06-12-2008, 08:27 PM
What does IIRC mean?

IIRC = "If I Recall Correctly"

ts-pa
06-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Once cracked, can a carbon fiber intake tube be reliably repaired?

FordNut
06-12-2008, 08:39 PM
If the price is right, I might let mine go. It's not gonna fit on my new setup. PM offers, we'll see.

J D
06-13-2008, 11:15 AM
I have had no problems with mine,they do crack do to over tightening of the hose clamps.

ahh! good to know, as I did tighten down the JLT pretty snug.

IIRC = "If I Recall Correctly"

finally, now I know, thanks.

Once cracked, can a carbon fiber intake tube be reliably repaired?

I doubt it, as like steel, once its broke you could weld it (i guess epoxy in this case) but it will never be the same in regard to heat transfer and other important factors.

If the price is right, I might let mine go. It's not gonna fit on my new setup. PM offers, we'll see.

Sorry, I just went with Morales through PMs.

Raudermaster
06-13-2008, 08:21 PM
They save you a whole.....1lb. Not worth it IMO for the cost.

Hack Goby
06-16-2008, 05:56 AM
I was lucky and got mine for $100.00 from FiveO(Mark) from Minn.When he was getting his Trilogy set up.But mine ended up witha hairline crack in it after a while but you could only see it when the sun was on it.Never affected the performance.With the PHP stainless steel air box it really looked good to me.