PDA

View Full Version : Line Lock & brake lights...

Architect
06-11-2008, 12:19 PM
With the standard "Hurst" Line lock installation in our Marauders...
Do the rear brake lights work when just the Line Lock is holding the
automobile...? Or do we have to install an extra Hydralic brake light switch at the Line Lock...?
Thanks, Architect

fastblackmerc
06-11-2008, 12:43 PM
automobile...? Or do we have to install an extra Hydralic brake light switch at the Line Lock...?
Thanks, Architect
The brake lights won't be on when you use line-lock since you release the brake pedal after you engage the line-lock. The line-lock holds the pressure on the front brakes.

SILVERSURFER03
06-11-2008, 12:54 PM
yea what he said thats who it works.........

DOOM
06-11-2008, 12:55 PM
I want line lock.

fastblackmerc
06-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Why do you want the brakes lights to work when you use the line-lock?

Pops
06-11-2008, 01:07 PM
If you use the line lock the way most of us do you will not be able to see the brake lights! To much smoke!

Glenn
06-11-2008, 08:14 PM
LLs are somewhat a secret to racers. I see very few cars with them installed. For some reason not many people have them. But, they are great to quickly warm up the DRs with much less wear on the brakes or load on the engine or WOT red line troubles. They also make for great burn-outs.

See video: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Marauder-119-sec-run-at_142625.htm

Glenn :burnout:

ctrlraven
06-11-2008, 08:22 PM
I want line lock.

I know, I told you to get one installed lol.

ts-pa
06-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Is the Hurst branded line lock the only one worth considering?

rvaldez1
06-11-2008, 09:56 PM
The brakelights actually work by a switch behind the brake pedal in the interior of the car. If you really want to make the brakelights work you can install a momentary switch so you can depress it with your hand...but as others have said, its kinda pointless.

Thanks, Architect