PDA

View Full Version : ONE Crown Vic, Lincoln town car, etc. rear exhaust resonator (muffler) wanted

Stranger in the Black Sedan
06-11-2008, 01:51 PM
I am looking for one good used rear exhaust resonator (4" round case muffler) from a 90s Lincoln town car or other panther car. The resonators were the round cased muffler that hung behind the axle, right before the end of the exhaust system. The dual exhaust cars had 1 per side. I need only one of these. I replaced the whole exhaust system on the beater Saturn I bought for my wife, using stock type parts plus pipe that I had kicking around. The stock resonator was 2" in, 1.75" out, and the internals broke free and were rattling around. I just replaced the resonator w/ straight pipe, but the car is so bassy on the highway that it is too annoying to keep driving like this. This is with a stock replacement muffler, but no resonator.

I remember the lincoln town car/ crown vic resonators being for 2" pipe and being plentiful. I actually had a pair that I threw out years ago.

If someone can find me one super cheap and useable, please PM me. I could use a glass pack but I'd rather use a factory stainless steel resonator. I weld and will make it fit.

THanks

STeve