PDA

View Full Version : Marauder CALENDAR reminder

Taemian
06-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Hey folks, it's getting to the time where you need to start taking photos of your MM for this year's calendar.

Just a gentle reminder that things will be happening much SOONER than last year, for many reasons.

1) I want all the calendars to get to people BEFORE Christmas this time.

2) I want to be able to not RUSH through the artwork/layout details like last year.

3) We are due with our first baby at the end of October, so I will be preoccupied after that time!:help: Also, Derek will have just had his new baby shortly before that, and last year's fabulous "art director" Sully_008 will be newly married!

Therefore, I'm setting a date of OCTOBER 1, 2008 as the cutoff date for sending in photos. Payment this year will be via Paypal, cheques may be accepted in RARE circumstances. Last year was a nightmare with that stuff.

Most importantly, this year I have to BREAK EVEN moneywise! That will mean the price may increase a bit, and those of you who bought calendars will know it will be worth it. We are looking forward to higher quality photos from everyone, and various other additions. Remember, we are not printing 1000 of them, so if anybody starts *****ing about other clubs getting cheaper calendars.....:bop:

Dust those cameras off and get cracking! As last year, you can send the photos to : ijacobi@shaw.ca

Please note there is a 5 meg per email limit.

EDIT: New email address is: MarauderPhotos@gmail.com

snowbird
06-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Hey, I found an interesting article in the news:

Ford Says Mercury Brand Still Important Part of Ford Model Line-up

DETROIT April 31, 2008; John Itold and You Soo writing for local news reported that Ford Motor Co's Mercury brand is an important part of the U.S. automaker's line-up and the company is continuing to invest in the nameplate, said on last Monday.
"It is an important part of the stable of brands," Soo told reporters at an event promoting the new Lincoln MKS sedan in Garden City, Michigan.
Itold comments follow recent analyst questions on whether Ford would continue to invest in its Mercury brand, whose sales fell nearly 7 percent in 2007.
Ford, which last month abandoned its long-standing goal to be profitable in 2009, has been hurt by the shift in U.S. consumer demand toward smaller, fuel-efficient vehicles and away from large trucks and SUVs.
A new initiative is being tested lately to test the market for Mercury: They’d reworked a new exciting fuel efficient tiny half like modular motor of 2.3 liters, added a turbocharger and installed it in a new exciting prototype code named Mini Marauder. These new MM will only be offered in 5 doors hatchback for the first year and the choice of color will be limited to white as not to offend former fullsize MM owners.
Itold and You Soo did says it all depend on how the market is going to react to the initiative and whether which the prototype can be good enough to make it, say, in an annual calendar of regular Mercury’s product line as one viable alternative for the future.
Our spy photographer did manage to take a quick shot and we all hope the car could eventually make it with their bigger and more generous brothers on the world nicest calendar.

snowbird
06-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Yeah, If only I could put my hands on this prototype, I for shure would submit to the calendar !! ;)

Taemian
06-12-2008, 08:48 PM
A little late to be starting an April Fool's thread, isn't it?;)

QWK SVT
06-13-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm still scoping out locations for pics - this year I hope to have a few good options ;)

Thanks again for doing this - much appreciated :bows:

Canadasvt
06-19-2008, 04:15 AM
So far whenever I'm in a good spot of a pic, the MM is filthy. I need to get my worlds aligned.

Taemian
06-19-2008, 07:32 AM
So far whenever I'm in a good spot of a pic, the MM is filthy. I need to get my worlds aligned.

No problem, you still have a few months left!

Taemian
08-14-2008, 06:07 AM
Six weeks til the deadline folks. Start sending stuff in.

ijacobi@shaw.ca , max 5 meg attachment per email.

Canadasvt
08-19-2008, 09:33 AM
Maybe 3 days straight with no rain this week. Got the camera in glovebox.

Taemian
08-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Nice to hear, anyone else having any luck?

Marawder
08-22-2008, 12:35 PM
I FINALLY took some photos today. I'll be sending them over shortly. Not the best, but I wanted to get some while the car was relatively clean and there was NO RAIN!

Marawder
08-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Okay, photos sent. Hope they turn out. Let me know. I'm going to scope some sites over the next week or so and try something different if I can.

Taemian
08-23-2008, 09:45 AM
NOTICE: New email address for photos is now----

MarauderPhotos@gmail.com

20 meg limit per email....much better than the 5 meg limit on the old account.:)

If this calendar is going to happen again this year, you guys gotta send your pics in SOON. Get cracking! :eek:

Master
09-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Man, What Am I Going To Do????? My car is still at Reinharts and I won't be getting it till Christmas. This Stinks! Can I maybe send a second-string photo from last year?

Taemian
09-02-2008, 05:29 AM
Man, What Am I Going To Do????? My car is still at Reinharts and I won't be getting it till Christmas. This Stinks! Can I maybe send a second-string photo from last year?

Send what you think is good. As it is right now, I only have 3 owners who've sent in photos this year?!? We sold our whole run of 60 calendars last year, so I know demand is there. Now all we need is photos!

knine
09-02-2008, 01:07 PM
How about a "guest shot" from the south? I've got some nice BLUE pics (Hey, built in Canada, isn't that good enough) :canada:

P.S., STILL love the calendar, put me down for another one for next year (pay-pal, no more world traveling checks :lol: )

knine
09-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Just a thought, but if you don't have enough pics, you could always fill the open months with the pic below, I've always liked it. I'd never get tired of looking at that pic. :rolleyes:

ejt122390
09-02-2008, 01:35 PM
question... how much would these calenders be? I don't have a MM so I won't be submitting any pics but I'd really like a calender.

Taemian
09-03-2008, 05:26 AM
question... how much would these calenders be? I don't have a MM so I won't be submitting any pics but I'd really like a calender.

Here's the complete thread from last year...

The price will be about $25 plus shipping. I charged $20 plus shipping last year, and actually lost money. I'm not doing this for any type of profit, but I'm not going in the hole again, either.

Check out the above thread, you'll see the glowing reviews it got from people who bought it.

Taemian
09-03-2008, 05:28 AM
Just a thought, but if you don't have enough pics, you could always fill the open months with the pic below, I've always liked it. I'd never get tired of looking at that pic. :rolleyes:

I knew I'd regret sending out that picture.....now you Americans are REALLY going to want our Arctic shelf!

Taemian
09-03-2008, 05:30 AM
How about a "guest shot" from the south? I've got some nice BLUE pics (Hey, built in Canada, isn't that good enough) :canada:

P.S., STILL love the calendar, put me down for another one for next year (pay-pal, no more world traveling checks :lol: )
It will be Paypal if I can figure it out.

Send your photos in to me, the Canuck MMs are dragging their butts right now. If I don't have 12 good photos, I'm pulling the plug on Oct 01. It gets done right, or not at all!:)

Marawder
09-03-2008, 11:15 AM
I took a bunch more photos last night on the way home from work and will be forwarding them to you. Heck, maybe those of us that have sent in photos will have enough to be the sole suppliers! I'm sure we could come up with 12 unique enough photos:D

Marawder
09-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Just sent a bunch over to you under the new address you gave earlier. Hopefully we get enough interest by the members to do another one this year! I missed out on last years' as I didn't get my car til December.

freakstatus
09-03-2008, 03:34 PM
I have sent one in as well. More to come....

MADRODER
09-03-2008, 05:20 PM
I need to get off my ass and send some soon, give me till the weekend, I have some unique spots (damn tourists are making it difficult)

Taemian
09-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Hi Everyone,

Quick note to say that my return emails to your photos will be brief and to the point. Not meant to be harsh or rude, but direct. Google some tips on photographing cars, that will weed out a lot of errors before they happen!

I hunt and peck on the keyboard, so I need to be brief! Thanks in advance for your understanding.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38761&highlight=calendar+canadian

Somewhere in the 25 pages of last year's thread (above) was a link to a good guide for photographing cars. Anyone feel like finding/posting it? I gotta hit the hay.

QWK SVT
09-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Still taking pictures, and have a few that I will be submitting (after a little post editting)...

Sully008
09-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Here's the link for taking great automotive shots:

http://www.cobracountry.com/fototips/

Not sure if I'll have time to get some pics taken, unless I get the wedding photographer to do some while we're getting married. (The Marauder is the lead car in our group)

Taemian
09-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Here's the link for taking great automotive shots:

http://www.cobracountry.com/fototips/

Not sure if I'll have time to get some pics taken, unless I get the wedding photographer to do some while we're getting married. (The Marauder is the lead car in our group)

Thanks for the link, and photos from the wedding day would be awesome!:D

Master
09-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Hey ho. Did you get my photos from last night?
Hope all is well.

knine
09-26-2008, 09:08 PM
So is my BLUE in ???????

Taemian
09-26-2008, 10:12 PM
So is my BLUE in ???????

Sorry, looks like I'll be pulling the plug on next year's edition of the calendar due to an underwhelming response. I only got 4 owners who sent photos in, which is strange considering the success and quality of this year's edition.

:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

Maybe next year...

knine
09-28-2008, 09:13 AM
I have 8 more photos of BLUE I can send !!!!

Marawder
09-29-2008, 06:41 AM
This is dissapointing to say the least, especially since I missed getting mine in last year and was looking forward to the '09 version. Hopefully there will be a last minute change of heart from all the Canuck Marauder owners and we can still get this put together.

CanadaMarauder
09-29-2008, 06:59 PM
I will try this weekend...October still open?

CanadaMarauder
09-29-2008, 06:59 PM
NO calender :( Sad...will have to use a sharpie and update the 08 then

Master
09-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Sorry to hear the sad news. I guess our '08s are collectibles, then?

knine
09-30-2008, 09:01 AM
How about opening the submissions to ANYONE then? I Bet you'd get a few really fast.

QWK SVT
10-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Nooo! Say it ain't so! :bigcry:

Here's me pleading for another calendar:

I was a little late getting my submissions in (never found enough time to post all the images I wanted to), and surely there are others that still want in, but have been buys, or forgot the deadline... Please consider giving folks a little more time (and as knine suggested, maybe opening it up would cause a flood)...

bigmerc2003
10-04-2008, 07:45 AM
i am in if you open it up to all the members :beer:

Taemian
10-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Guys, but I sent out the reminder to take photos way back in May, and nobody took any action since then. Derek has a new baby, and I have a new baby due in the next 3 weeks.

Perhaps next year I will open it up to all members, but this year it's too late for us to do everything involved with it, even if I wanted to.

Save up some good shots for next year.;)

Canadasvt
10-08-2008, 05:10 AM
Here's to next year! :eek:

grampaws
10-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Krap! didn't see this until after Marawder mentioned
it!and it was to late:bigcry:

justbob
10-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Count me in if open to all. Pics are on standby!!!!

Aren Jay
10-27-2008, 05:26 PM
If all the Marauders in the calendar are black or silver, why not have a black and white calendar?

TAKEDOWN
10-28-2008, 12:47 AM
I'd like to see if my pictures have a chance!

2DMAX
10-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Hey Ian, just to let you know that I completely forgot about sending you the pics we took ...ooops. Coming right up, or hows about sending you a CD or chip?

Taemian
10-29-2008, 06:21 AM
Just email them to marauderphotos@gmail.com

20 megs per email is the limit, I think, so split them up a bit.

QWK SVT
10-31-2008, 12:14 PM
Just email them to marauderphotos@gmail.com

20 megs per email is the limit, I think, so split them up a bit.

Just confirming, we're still talking about a 2010 calendar, 'cause the 2009 one is a no-go, right?:fishing:

Taemian
10-31-2008, 10:48 PM
Just confirming, we're still talking about a 2010 calendar, 'cause the 2009 one is a no-go, right?:fishing:

Lol. One year at a time, bro!

freakstatus
10-31-2008, 10:54 PM
Ian, I think Daves post may be confusing folks. When you told him to send you pics, I myself thought you meant calendar shots.

Taemian
11-01-2008, 08:05 AM
Ian, I think Daves post may be confusing folks. When you told him to send you pics, I myself thought you meant calendar shots.

Ooops. No, I meant for him to send a few shots we took of our cars at his hanger. Sorry if there was confusion.

TAKEDOWN
11-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Taemian... Baby? I'm waiting for my cigar in the mail. Can't wait to purchase my first Marauder calender.

Taemian
11-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Looks like we may be going to the hospital in a few hours, wife is starting "stuff" as I type this....loading up the MM right NOW!

TAKEDOWN
11-02-2008, 12:26 AM
GOOOOOOOOOOOO NOW! TAEMIAN GOOOOOOOOOOOO! Ahhh don't forget to mail my cigar! Good luck buddy!!!

Hacklemerc
11-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Babies scare me... Congrats!!

freakstatus
11-02-2008, 07:11 AM
Well......???? I'm gonna call you soon.

Taemian
11-05-2008, 03:21 PM
See my new thread!:)