PDA

View Full Version : WTB stock alternator

Taemian
06-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Mine is fried after the Trilogy install, Ford Canada shows no stock anywhere in the country. Anyone got one, or any leads?

Zack
06-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Mine is fried after the Trilogy install, Ford Canada shows no stock anywhere in the country. Anyone got one, or any leads?

I would check your connections first, there have been issues in the past where the wires are extended.

Taemian
06-12-2008, 12:47 PM
I would check your connections first, there have been issues in the past where the wires are extended.

Thx Zack. I should have mentioned that I DID have connection issues, then I recrimped, then soldered, then heat-shrank the entire harness extention.:)

Rocknthehawk
06-12-2008, 02:44 PM
still looking for one?

try car-part.com

max454
06-12-2008, 02:54 PM
If you want my advice, me having been tru the same ordeal 2 months ago, order it from ford and dont waste any time with any napa or similar they wont work, and used ones from carparts are mostly in the states, and they wont ship to canada.
Ford is on a build when ordered basis, about 3 weeks wait. I wasted 2months total with trying all sorts off alts.
I was lucky finally to get a good one from a member off the forum.

Shora
06-12-2008, 03:39 PM
If you want my advice, me having been tru the same ordeal 2 months ago, order it from ford and dont waste any time with any napa or similar they wont work, and used ones from carparts are mostly in the states, and they wont ship to canada.
Ford is on a build when ordered basis, about 3 weeks wait. I wasted 2months total with trying all sorts off alts.
I was lucky finally to get a good one from a member off the forum.

I went to the dealer with a screeching alt. Was told that it would need to be replaced. I told them to go ahead and do it since I am still under ESP.

I requested that I get an OEM one with the clutch pulley and I even gave them the part number (thanks RoyalPITA).

Three weeks later I don't hear from them so I called and asked what's the hold up. Their response was that they are on a "National Back Order" and don't know when it will ship.

Thanks again to the great members of this site, I was able to tell them of 4 locations that have them. The next week they call me and tell me that the alt. arrived.

Had it installed today and tipped the tech $20 bucks.

Got home to clean the engine bay and noticed that they installed the standard alt. without the clutch pulley.

They are going to hear from me about this but this situation got me thinking. Are the standard alts. without the clutch pulleys more reliable or durable?

FordNut
06-12-2008, 04:42 PM
I have a new, never used OEM alternator. PM with offer.

You may want to get a 200 amp aftermarket one which already has the correct pulley for your Trilogy setup. The picture shows the clutch pulley but mine came with the regular pulley. It came from DB Electrical and costs $219.

http://www.db-starter-alternator.com/Items/8314-200%20amp?&caSKU=8314-200%20amp&caTitle=Mercury%20Marauder%204 .6L%20HIGH%20OUTPUT%20ALTERNAT OR%2003-04%20%20%208314

Taemian
06-12-2008, 08:52 PM
I managed to find one at a hole-in-the-wall parts store, nothing from Ford/Napa/Lordco/Carquest etc...all the majors were backordered too.

I paid $265 Canadian plus tax, and put it in just now, everything is back to normal. Thanks for the replies, folks, without this fluke of a find, I would've PMd ya!