PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Nov 3rd Great Lakes Dragaway Union Grove WI informal meet sound off

tetsu
10-17-2002, 06:41 AM
DATE: SUNDAY 11/3/02

Ok. Assuming the weather forecast stays with us, let's meet at the Denny's at I-94 and HWY 50 in Kenosha County at 9:30 am (to eat) and figure that we'll leave about 10:30 from there to caravan to Da Grove.

According to their website it's $30 to race, $12 to watch. You must have long sleeves. If your car runs better than 14.0 then you need a Helmet also (may be available for rent at Da Grove.)

Please check in via email with me at tetsu@mercurymarauder.net.

It sounds like there will be at least a few MMs and also a few Crown Vics turning out already. Hopefully an SS or two will also turn out.

I'll post updates to this thread including running headcounts.

Johnny

Wags
10-22-2002, 04:43 AM
Heres some info for people who want to go:

The track opens at 10AM, and goes until 4PM. IF you run 13.99 or quicker (this means you, mensrea), you HAVE to wear a helmet. You can get them at the track, or use mine (but it is big). You can't wear short sleeved shirts. You must have long sleeves and long pants. The cost is $30 torace and $12 to go and watch. We should all try to get together and caravan into the place. It would be cool to have a bunch of Impalas and Marauders tooling down the highway. The track is located right over the border, between Kenosha and Racine. Where is everyone located that wants to go? Maybe we can all meet for breakfast somewhere prior to going?

Wags

tetsu
10-22-2002, 05:49 AM

Ok. Assuming the weather forecast stays with us, let's meet at the Denny's at I-94 and HWY 50 in Kenosha County at 9:30 am (to eat) and figure that we'll leave about 10:30 from there to caravan to Da Grove.

According to their website it's $30 to race, $12 to watch. You must have long sleeves. If your car runs better than 14.0 then you need a Helmet also (may be available for rent at Da Grove.)

It sounds like there will be at least a few MMs and also a few Crown Vics turning out already. Hopefully an SS or two will also turn out.

Johnny

Wags
10-23-2002, 06:38 AM
tetsu,

Where are you located at? I know that bozobill and mensrea are both right by me. I don't know if they are planning on going or not. Hopefully, we can get a few people interested in going. I might bring the Chevelle, if I get the new t.o. bearing in by then, as I would like to see how the new engine performs (I put a different engine in this summer).

Wags

tetsu
10-23-2002, 09:00 AM
I'm in Milwaukee.

There may be some Crown-Vic enthusiasts interested in coming also.

On crownvic.net several have indicated interest in going to Da Grove.

Johnny

tetsu
10-28-2002, 08:40 AM

Johnny

tetsu
10-31-2002, 07:03 AM
Our weather still looks good. Wags, are you still planning on
coming along?

Johnny

Wags
10-31-2002, 07:32 AM
Yes, if the weather holds. I'm bringing in the car in for a few things Friday morn. If I don't get it back by Sat., I'll most likely drive up the Chevelle (I put my t.o. bearing in last weekend). So, if it doesn't look like rain, I'm there!

Wags

tetsu
11-02-2002, 04:18 PM
Still looks good. Rain possible in LATE afternoon early evening.

Looks like about 5 people plus any lurkers who haven't chimed in.

Johnny