PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my Marauder

Logan
07-14-2002, 06:36 PM
Well,

I was going to wait, but seeing as how I run this website, I can't very well NOT drive a Marauder can I?

So I bit the bullet and went down to my trusty LM dealer and picked up a Marauder... Took delivery this afternoon... Love the car...

My 4.10's will be in later this week... With those 3.55's it bog-o-rama city... No good. Even 3.73's aren't enough gear for this car...

Pics forth-coming, but it's not like y'all don't know what they look like... :)

MarauderMike
07-14-2002, 06:58 PM
Great to hear you got the Marauder Logan, I have a hard time staying out of mine!! By the way, they have a great sound system, but I find myself listening to the car more than the radio. Yes, I downshift a lot!
Nasty habbit I picked up from having the Mark VIII.
Good Cruising Logan!!

nhinterceptor
07-15-2002, 04:52 AM
Logan best of luck with your Marauder.

Let us know what those gears do. If I were to add some gears I'd go for the 3.73s. I have a 70 mile daily round trip to-from work so to keep the mpg at a reasonable rate I think that's as tall as I should go.

Did you get all the options? Front license plate bracket, CD-Changer and trunk organizer. Mine has bracket and changer.

Regards,
Dan

Logan
07-15-2002, 06:47 AM
Yeah, mine is fully optioned... I'll advise on the gears late this week early next when they're in...

I'll be the collective guinea pig for all of us.. :)

Fourth Horseman
07-15-2002, 09:34 AM
Congrats Logan. What color did you get? :D

Yes, please advise us on the results of your 4.10 gear testing. Very eager to put some extra punch into my off-the-line performance.

tetsu
07-15-2002, 10:57 AM
Hey Logan,

I'm glad to hear you've joined our ranks! Did you have to trade in
the Lightning on it? I hope not.

Can you just have the dealership put in new gears? My Marauder really seems to have good days and bad. Saturday it would screach away from a stoplight like a deranged bull. Today, it just mutters and lugs like an old lady.

It was cool and dry Sat and warmer and more humid today. Will weather make that much noticable difference?

Johnny

Logan
07-15-2002, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I flipped the Lightning on it... Which means I have to get this tank back into the same performance realm.

My appointment for gears will be later this week or Monday. Just have to get the 4.10's in...

Weather will make a difference to the cars performance certainly. Cool dry air is preferable to hot, humid air any day of the week.

I'll be looking into retrofitting a cold air setup over the next week or so.

SSMOKEM
07-15-2002, 01:01 PM
Hey Logan,

So what performance realm was your Lightning in?? :)

In case you're not aware, I'm a BIG Nitrous fan, and if you want to do anything along those lines, let me know. I have some slight experience with it...........

Logan
07-15-2002, 06:17 PM
My 99 was running 12.89 at 108mph (fairly modified), my 02 ran 13.68 at 97mph (stock)

I'll be happy with anything in the 13's with the Marauder...

Logan
07-15-2002, 06:18 PM
I posted some pics of my marauder up on my personal site...

http://www.logansgarage.com/marauder

http://www.logansgarage.com/marauder/IMAG0006.JPG

Jim
07-15-2002, 06:49 PM
Gee, that's a nice car... Looks familiar!

Congrats on the purchase; it's a very different animal from the Lightning, but I like mine!

-Jim

JamesHecker
07-16-2002, 12:59 AM
Thanks for posting your pictures Logan and Fourth Horseman. I have my own Marauder but I still loved looking at the pics posted!

Logan,
The interior of yours looks very light in the pictures. Is it the Flint interior? I thought only the dark charcoal was available now?

Logan
07-16-2002, 06:31 AM
It's just the light... The interior is the charcoal interior...

Flint is coming available in the fall.

JamesHecker
07-17-2002, 10:31 PM
Nice stable of automobiles you have there,Logan. Mine is quite similar. I have the 03 Marauder, a 97 Villager Nautica, and 97 Cougar. I have performance mods on my Cougar and it is in great condition. I really did not need a new car at all so the purchase of my Marauder didn't do a lot for the peace and tranquility in my household. And the fact that I have no intention of getting rid of the Cougar is not helping! :D When I told my salesman that I had to go home to smooth my wife into the purchase of the Marauder he told me that if all else failed just tell her " resistance is futile". Well...that's what I ended up doing! Oh well... she'll come around... ;)

Slowpoke
08-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Figured I'd spice up the night by regurgitating an old thread...... I am getting a wierd feeling Logan is now ready for MM #3.

MI2QWK4U
08-12-2005, 07:05 PM
What supercharger are you going to put on your new Marauder?

MarauderMark
08-12-2005, 07:52 PM
What supercharger are you going to put on your new Marauder?
Vortech:up: Procharger:up: Another Trilogy of course:up: :D

It's good to see your back with us Boss..Any modifications to the caddy yet?

MM03MOK
08-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Vortech:up: Procharger:up: Another Trilogy of course:up: :D

It's good to see your back with us Boss..Any modifications to the caddy yet?Mark? Look at the date on post #14.

WolfeBros
08-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Damn........ Now I know I have been trapped in a time warp. :lol:
I was around for this thread the first time. :eek: Nope.....that was Marauder # 2.

RCSignals
08-12-2005, 09:59 PM
Nostalgia!

RoyLPita
08-13-2005, 04:13 AM
Come on Logan: Bite the bullet. I did.

MarauderMark
08-13-2005, 04:50 AM
Mark? Look at the date on post #14.
Ha ha ha Thank you Bunny.. :hug2:

Logan
08-13-2005, 12:02 PM
Wow... Nice one Poke... :D

Haven't done a thing to the caddy... Probably won't either. I'm not all that inspired by the current automotive scene right now... So I'll probably just toodle around in the caddy for a bit longer, concentrating on actually paying down the house I live in anyway... Much more fiscally prudent. :)

Mike Poore
08-13-2005, 12:20 PM
Figured I'd spice up the night by regurgitating an old thread...... I am getting a wierd feeling Logan is now ready for MM #3.
Man, you sucked us in.....It's into the corner with you, BUSTER !:corner: