PDA

View Full Version : my first 30 minutes with my new trilogy

justbob
06-20-2008, 11:19 PM
First off many thanks to Bradley G, Zack, and Blown3.8 for answering all my install questions and to my wife for dealing with my project and even making a couple part runs. Well it was a long week of a couple hours here and there every day after work but finally test drove an hour ago and WOW that was fun!!! I drove aimlessly around busy roads for 20 min. and nobody out of probably a hundred cars would play with me. Where were all the a**hats that used to pick on me when n/a? Finally heading home i see a cute little srt4 with his stupid wastegates blowing off in every gear and so i pulled up on him at the light, sat patiently, when green i ease into it and let him make the move, then i let him have it from about 10mph to 50mph and a spankin he recieved, but must admit when i backed back down to 40 ( speed limit) He caught back up and he hit it again and what is the worst speed of this car? 40!!! Well he pulled away for about 3 seconds and hear i come again on him at 60 and passing. Slowed back down and recieved a thumbs up as we parted ways. God i love my car.:cool4:

Bradley G
06-21-2008, 04:39 AM
Ain't life grand? :D
Thanks for the laughs!
Fantastic install Bob!

Taemian
06-21-2008, 07:28 AM
Congrats! I ask the same question since I got my Trilogy..."Where have all the boneheads gone??"
As long as you are rolling, you have nothing much to fear, but from a stop...watch out! Learn to gently roll onto the throtle or you'll be left far behind. You will always let "the other guy" jump out ahead this way, but you'll reel him in MUCH faster.
Boost rocks!

BTW, make sure you disengage your overdrive. Always!

jdando
06-21-2008, 01:58 PM
congratulations on the self install!!!!!

#0098 says hello to #0108 :wave:

DOOM
06-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Congrats on the trilogy. You taemian and myself all are new trilogy owners. I think all the boneheads are in my neck of the woods now.

DOOM
06-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Congrats! I ask the same question since I got my Trilogy..."Where have all the boneheads gone??"
As long as you are rolling, you have nothing much to fear, but from a stop...watch out! Learn to gently roll onto the throtle or you'll be left far behind. You will always let "the other guy" jump out ahead this way, but you'll reel him in MUCH faster.
Boost rocks!

BTW, make sure you disengage your overdrive. Always!

Guys i have to ask this question. Why do you say ALWAYS have the overdrive off??? I have tried this before and to me the car drove better with it ON.

Cheeseheadbob
06-21-2008, 02:48 PM
If you are rolling along in 4th gear/OD on, and you go WOT, you will drop into 2nd gear and risk toasting the tranny. It is the dreaded 4-2 shift. NOT GOOD. If you have OD on and launch WOT from a dead stop, no problem, the shifts will be sequential. Just make sure to turn OD off before roasting some rice.:burnout:
Guys i have to ask this question. Why do you say ALWAYS have the overdrive off??? I have tried this before and to me the car drove better with it ON.

justbob
06-21-2008, 04:01 PM
I've done the 4-2 shift for four years n/a and never a hint of a problem so i'll consider myself lucky i suppose. But with more power she downshifts a little harder now so i will start turning od off for safe measure. Thanks guys.

ctrlraven
06-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Congrats on the new power! When is it going on the dyno and what other mods do you have?

I def. figured out that I need more power last night. I was coming home from taking a load of boxes to my new house and came across a newer model chevy cavalier with gauges, bodykit and exhaust. We were just getting on the highway and I quickly got up to speed and went around him so he proceeded to follow me up to 70mph. Thought to myself eh why not? I didn't go WOT but went 80% damned if that little car didn't keep up and start to pull on me until 130mph, turned on the OD and rpms dropped right to the sweet spot and started to walk away. Down the road he pulled up next to me gave me the big nod and I gave him a thumbs up and cruised together for another few miles until my exit. I don't know if he had a turbo, s/c or running nitrous.

TAKEDOWN
06-21-2008, 06:06 PM
LUCKY YOU! Bob you finally got it and now I'm starting to feel left out! I know you're having a blast. I enjoyed the few minutes and seconds when I test drove Motorhead's ride. Now I'm really biting at the nail! One of these days, just playing catch up for now!

DOOM
06-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Do you still get that 4-2 shift with the tune Lidio or DR's? Can it be avoided?

ctrlraven
06-21-2008, 11:19 PM
If your in O/D and go WOT it will jump down to 2nd regardless of anyone's tune. The way to avoid it is turn O/D off let it go to 3rd and hit the gas lol.

justbob
06-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Just running the trilogy chip for now. This mod is something that popped up at a bad time in my life but i couldn't pass on it so this and another 20 grand is going to have to be paid down some before i do anything else. Besides the wife allready hated the car before this and i bet if i so much buy a air freshener then i'll probably be sleeping in it too! Shes been understanding so far but i think she has had enough with my car. But i would like to beef up the rear for peace of mind, then a lidio tune, then control arms, then new sound and sunroof. Pretty much in that order. That would make for a nice reliable street car that can pick up grocerys in a hurry and be quite safe for the family.

Taemian
06-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Congrats on the trilogy. You taemian and myself all are new trilogy owners. I think all the boneheads are in my neck of the woods now.

I'm really hoping to meet some knuckleheads to blow away. I also find myself noticing sports cars and Googling their stats when I get home to see if they are competition for the next time we meet.:)

DOOM
06-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Hey guys have you had your cars dynoed yet???

justbob
06-23-2008, 06:07 PM
nope......

Illss
06-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Congrats on the S/c and gud work on the install ......:beer:

Motorhead350
06-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Bob all you need now is a 3500 stall and it'll be the ride of your life!

TAKEDOWN
06-24-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm ready for the ride of my life, problem is I have neither S/C nor 3500 stall.

Bradley G
06-24-2008, 08:08 PM
not on stock rubber !

Bob all you need now is a 3500 stall and it'll be the ride of your life!

Hacklemerc
06-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Man I am going to have to get some loot together and get some boost. I read all the posts from guys with new chargers and drool. No fair.

DOOM
06-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Took mine out tonight but no one wanted to play :alone:

Motorhead350
06-24-2008, 09:40 PM
Took mine out tonight but no one wanted to play :alone:

Come on over here!

Trilogy Vs. Procharger!

Either way it'd be a blast.

I might drive over and visit the Michigan boys in a few weeks. :eek:

:burnout:

DOOM
06-24-2008, 09:57 PM
I would love to tear up the road with you motorhead, we could both go hemi hunting :uzi:

ts-pa
06-24-2008, 11:22 PM
You guys are too much! I'm green as DR. Doom's cape with envy! See his avatar.

Jake, can you PM me the info for the custom caps you have?

Motorhead350
06-24-2008, 11:42 PM
I would love to tear up the road with you motorhead, we could both go hemi hunting :uzi:

Sounds good to me. We should seriously do this... I'm game. Let's find time before the year is over.

DOOM
06-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Will you be in seymor for octoberfest? I think im going.

airborne_mp84
06-25-2008, 03:36 PM
If you are rolling along in 4th gear/OD on, and you go WOT, you will drop into 2nd gear and risk toasting the tranny. It is the dreaded 4-2 shift. NOT GOOD. If you have OD on and launch WOT from a dead stop, no problem, the shifts will be sequential. Just make sure to turn OD off before roasting some rice.:burnout: ive heard the same thing, and it makes sense