PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about selling....

mrogerc
06-22-2008, 10:26 AM
I am exploring (just exploring) selling my Marauder. I still love the car, but am looking for ways to reduce my "stuff" list. I have NOT decided to sell yet, but....

If anyone here knows of someone who would love and care for an '04 DTR, with Trilogy Supercharger #009 (engraved!), a custom tune, Metco's, stock sized wheels/tires, plus a pair of widened wheels w/Nittos, etc, etc. let me know. Only 31,000 miles, by the way.

I at least as concerned with finding the right (i.e. worthy) buyer as price.

In the meantime, I am going to enjoy this summer's driving!

Like I said, I am not decided, am in no hurry, will probably look for an opportunistic situation rather than formally putting the car on sale.

Thanks!

Mike

marauder4.6DOHC
07-01-2008, 09:29 AM
if you sell, are you going to selll as is or are you going to demod your marauder?

mrogerc
07-02-2008, 09:34 AM
if you sell, are you going to selll as is or are you going to demod your marauder?

I would likely sell it as is. I do have all the parts to restore it to stock condition, but I would leave that to the new owner.

bigbillybbs
07-02-2008, 06:38 PM
If you sell You might regret this decision … Think this one threw bud there is nothing as COOL as a Marauder… especially a “ Trilogy Supercharger #009” (engraved!), Marauder…..!!!!!
Good luck.. :)

sailsmen
07-03-2008, 08:16 PM
$16,000-$19,000

Da Dark Jedi
07-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Didn't one member just recently sold his SC Trilogy on Ebay for 12700?

Leadfoot281
07-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Didn't one member just recently sold his SC Trilogy on Ebay for 12700?

No. Actually some one GAVE AWAY their SC Marauder for $12,700 on E-bay.

I really wish people would quit giving these cars away. In two weeks I'm going the Car Craft show in St. Paul and I know someone will have a rust-free Ford Fairmont or Ford Maverick sitting there for sale. They'll be asking $3,000+ for it too.

We're talking cloth seats, drum brakes, and dried out single stage paint. Forget about CD, air, cruise, tilt, rarity, MPG, and saftey.

There will be plenty of beat up bondo-wagon Mustangs there for $9,000+.

Go compare these to a Marauder on a $ to $ basis and you'll see what I'm getting at.

mrogerc; You should ask for (and get) 20k+ for your car IMO.

Iowa Rick
07-08-2008, 04:01 PM
You can ask whatever you think the traffic will bear however you have to find a buyer willing to pay it! Those buyers don't seem to be out there right now.

There are fundamental changes occuring in the used car market that I don't think have been see before. The general car buying masses are like a swarm of lemmings heading for the cliff. If you read some of the car sites you come across unbelieveable stories. There is another site I really enjoy. http://www.autoextremist.com/. One of the writers was relating how a neighbor who was upsidedown on a 2006 Chevy Tahoe wrote a check to toyota for $9000 to pay off the Tahoe and traded (GAVE IT TO THEM) for a Toyota Prius at bove window sticker price .

People are basing serious economic decisions based on emotion rather than cold hard logic. This applies to both sellers and buyers. The smart ones are the ones buying the MMs for dirt cheap prices. Rick

Robert 96
12-01-2008, 03:33 AM
Iowa Rick hit the nail on the head. These people would save money by putting gas in their vehicles and driving them rather then giving them away just to get into a tiny little car. It is also true that a car is only worth what the market will bare at the time of the sale. I would like to see some pics of the DTR MM that is for sale.

TAKEDOWN
12-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Keep the car, you know you'll miss her!

Aren Jay
12-14-2008, 02:32 PM
.............................. .

CBT
12-14-2008, 06:28 PM
On the plus side with so many cars not rolling off the assembly line now, there is greater, and it is going to increase, demand for used cars. Particularly North American used cars.

Why? Does it have anything to do with your Prime Minister dissolving Parliment? I was reading about that today.

FiveO
07-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Say it ain't so buddy :(

mrogerc
07-10-2009, 04:45 AM
Had a change of heart, at least for now----so it ain't so!

Haggis
07-10-2009, 05:37 AM
The going price on any used car is now $4500 US thanks to the US Government.

FiveO
07-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Had a change of heart, at least for now----so it ain't so!

Just got mine back today after dealing with a pesky electrical issue and she's running well.

I'll be up in the cities here and there over the next few weeks (girlfriend lives in Hastings) so I'll call you and we'll get together for lunch or something.

Maybe a little impromptu saturday lunch next week somewhere in the metro?

Any takers?

crouse
07-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Bring it to Car Craft!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52814

Spectragod
07-10-2009, 02:11 PM
I'd be interested, I already have a 18K mile DTR with a twin screw, I'd love to have one with a Eaton as well, if you reconsider selling, hit me up...