PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about selling my 04 DTR Trilogy

mrogerc
06-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Hi Everybody.

I am the owner of an 04 DTR with Trilogy supercharger kit No. 009. As I understand, only the first 10 kits had the numbers engraved on the air intake. It is the polished version and comes with Trilogy Motorsports covers.
quite clean (of course), and is equipped with Metcos. I also have Lidio-widened wheels with Nitto tires, but am currently using a replacement set of rear wheels with the stock tires.

I have some extras, like the leather jacket, a Trilogy Marauder shirt (with #0009 on the side), engine parts to reverse the supercharger installation, and winter tires I used one season (I have stored the car 8-9 months per year since '05).

I am considering selling because I am thinking it is time to have one less car. The car I use for the winter, believe it or not, is a Pontiac Vibe. While the Vibe gets better gas mileage (a lot better!), I did the math: At the probable selling price of the Vibe, gas would have to be $9 per gallon to break even on difference operating cost in 5 YEARS! I sometimes wonder if the folks who sell because of gas mileage have done the math.

I may end of selling the Vibe instead of the Marauder. My motivation to sell the Marauder has more to do with Minnesota winters and the fact that it seems a shame to put 100,000 miles on that car, which I would get to in 5 years. My primary justification for the Vibe was to preserve the Marauder, but I am getting tired of having two cars (actually three with my Austin-Healey) to deal with.

So, if I can get a good price (I would ask $20K), and a buyer I liked, it may be time to sell. From the group: does that seem like a reasonable price? Am I kidding myself? Should I just sell the Vibe?

Windsor58
06-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Are you sure you won't regret selling it after it is gone? Sounds like a really nice car. As long as you have room in the garage, you could just drive it in the summer.
I think it would be impossible for me to sell mine. I've only had it since December of last year, but it is by far my favorite car of all that I have owned over the years.

huot5
06-23-2008, 07:19 PM
$20K sounds reasonable for a tril'd DTR. the mileage is also a factor., And most of the owners here are meticulous on the engine and interior, and those are strong sellling points. IMO, a car show is the place to advertise the car, collectors will scoop these Marauders up. good luck...

Spectragod
06-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Given your options, I would say 20K is fair, but the market will determine the actual sale.

Good luck, wish I had room or another,
SG

crouse
06-23-2008, 07:32 PM
a car show is the place to advertise the car, collectors will scoop these Marauders up. good luck...

How about Car Craft Summer Nationals at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44759

I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but it would be great to see 10 or 12 Marauders at this event.

Zack
06-23-2008, 07:39 PM
I just sold my Trilogy Marauder with WAY more mods and power than yours for $20k Delivered (600 for delivery)

Market determines everything!

mrogerc
06-24-2008, 03:30 AM
I somehow forgot to mention the 04 DTR has 31,000 miles on it. I think that would qualify as fairly low miles!

drwhy
06-24-2008, 02:25 PM
VIN?
Factory Sunroof?
Heated Seats?
Interior Color?
Scratches, dents, or other paint defects or repairs?
Title in hand?

Anything else we should know about this car?

Tom

mrogerc
06-25-2008, 04:53 PM
VIN?
Factory Sunroof?
Heated Seats?
Interior Color?
Scratches, dents, or other paint defects or repairs?
Title in hand?

Anything else we should know about this car?

Tom

Some quick answers:

No Sunroof,
Heated seats---yes
Interior is black
Some scratches but no accidents
One owner-- clear title.

Anyone who is interested, please PM me. I will send you the VIN and if you are still interested, set up a time to give you a complete history of what I have done with the car since I bought it. However, a quick reminder, I am not decided to sell yet. This is a tough decision!

jdando
06-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Mike's car is nice! This is the car that convinced me I needed a Trilogy!

Aren Jay
06-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Sell the vibe.

BSinCO
07-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Still thinking about selling? :D

I would love to get some pictures and more history on the car. I am quite a ways away but my father in law lives in Bayport, MN and is not far from the twin cities and could take a look at it in person for me.

Would be very interested as this is what I have been looking for. :bows:

Thanks
Blake

mrogerc
07-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Still thinking about selling? :D

I would love to get some pictures and more history on the car. I am quite a ways away but my father in law lives in Bayport, MN and is not far from the twin cities and could take a look at it in person for me.

Would be very interested as this is what I have been looking for. :bows:

Thanks
Blake

Blake, I will send you a private message with my contact info. Thanks for your interest!

Mike