PDA

View Full Version : BC/Emerald City drags?

Taemian
06-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Hi folks,

Just thought I'd see if there was any interest in getting together again.

I was thinking of planning something different this time. Since us Canucks came down last time, I think it fair to ask that you Emerald City guys come up this time around. Also since last time was a brunch, a short cruise and a quick photo op, I'm suggesting this next meet happens at .....

Mission Raceway!:D http://www.missionraceway.com/mrprules/08fridayrules.htm

Derek and I have gone to a couple of "Test and Tunes" on Friday nights, they have them just about every other Friday night. $30 per car, gates open at 1630, track opens at 1730, racing goes til it gets really dark!

According to my timeslips, I got 1 run for every hour I was there. Every type of rig shows up, from motorbikes of every kind, to 8 second pickup trucks. You can get into line and run against anything in our class (Domestic) or wait at the end of the class line to run against whoever you want to (This is what Derek and I did to get us together on video).

I realize that a Friday night isn't easy to do, but I think it's worth it. Also, you can show up and pay $5 as a spectator if you don't want to make any runs.

As far as actual dates go, we can decide that when I see what kind of interest there is. Available dates are listed on the Mission Raceway website.
http://www.missionraceway.com/mrpsched/08schedule.htm

I'm hoping that Tim and Derek will be able to come with me, and that you Americans will pick up the gauntlet!:P

And tell me that a whack of MMs at the track won't be a great photo op!!!

Ian

freakstatus
06-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Just name the time and I'll be there. Its a ton of fun. Ian will be running in the outlaw class though....He should have his fat slicks and hood scoop installed by then.

teamrope
06-23-2008, 10:39 PM
I wish I could. Work has been crazy busy, I haven't even been able to go racing at the local tracks yet this year. I have herd that Mission is a fast track.

Taemian
06-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Just name the time and I'll be there. Its a ton of fun. Ian will be running in the outlaw class though....He should have his fat slicks and hood scoop installed by then.

Great...thanks for ruining my surprise, Derek. At least you didn't tell anyone about the drag parachute I just put on.;)

Sorry to hear you can't make it, Teamrope. Hopefully some of your brethren can make it up here and we can post some cool video for ya!:)

freakstatus
06-24-2008, 11:49 AM
It would be nice to see a Bruteforce/Taemian showdown I must say. We'll bill it as a U.S. Vs. Canada thing.

As long as Ian doesn't cheat on his reaction times again.:burnout::banana2:

Taemian
06-24-2008, 01:49 PM
It would be nice to see a Bruteforce/Taemian showdown I must say. We'll bill it as a U.S. Vs. Canada thing.

As long as Ian doesn't cheat on his reaction times again.:burnout::banana2:

HEY!:banned:

I think 2 Trilogy MMs blasting down the track would be an awesome video, no matter who wins! (Smart money is on BF, he's got waay more mods than me!)

Taemian
06-24-2008, 08:19 PM
If you're an Emerald City guy and you read this, please let me know either way what you're thinking. If nobody wants to come up, I'll just let someone else make a suggestion. I thought you guys wanted to meet up again.

chader
06-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm I'v driven further for worse reasons.....I do like racing,mission is as fast as I will ever get my MM to go,do like mountain driving,......Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Taemian
06-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm I'v driven further for worse reasons.....I do like racing,mission is as fast as I will ever get my MM to go,do like mountain driving,......Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Now THAT'S the spirit! What does your wife think of that idea?:confused:

Blue03
06-24-2008, 11:53 PM
If you're an Emerald City guy and you read this, please let me know either way what you're thinking. If nobody wants to come up, I'll just let someone else make a suggestion. I thought you guys wanted to meet up again.

We are overdue for a meet. I'm interested in heading north but it will depend on the day. In the past it has been hard to schedule something in the summer even locally. We all seem to be scattered and heading in other directions. My calendar looks like a slalom maze and I haven't found the exit. Tim had once sugggested a Mercury/Ford meet in near Steveston? Was it a July thing? At any rate you might just pick your day and post up! Maybe some of us can break free and surprise you. I would like to see your Trilogy and the other calendar MM's again! :)