PDA

View Full Version : Just to clarify

BigMerc
08-25-2003, 02:43 PM
I want to clarify the Trilogy position about this forum. I do this at the risk of getting thrown off the forum apparently. I want to state first I am not berating or attempting to insult your company.
If I understand your post correctly, We are no longer allowed to question anything that you place on this forum (anything damaging to the company. as quoted) If you list something and someone points out a mistake or takes an opposite opinion, this is not going to be allowed.
I know the general idea of WHY you placed this rule, as some cannot argue a point correctly, and are somewhat childish. But to enforce such a rule is counterproductive to any advancement to your company or product. The exchange of viewpoints and to point out shortcomings can be beneficial to any company willing to listen. If you have missed a refinement of a product or someone has a better idea of customer service WHY would you not want to employ those ideas? You by listening to your customer base can only benefit.
You took exception to some of the things I have said prior, and I don't know how the best to express my thoughts that they were not a slam on you, or an attempt to bad talk you or your company. But the facts as I saw them. If more than one person noted the same thing, would you not want to know this? By correcting that problem you can only do your company good.

If this is not your policy please amplify your position. If it is the way you see them, I don't see that that would be a company I personally would want to be associated with. If I am wrong please correct me.

LincMercLover
08-25-2003, 03:15 PM
I'm gunna copy this cause I have a feeling Triology may want to delete this off their section of the forums. So, a copy will be on stand-by for Community Discussion. Carry on...

SergntMac
08-25-2003, 03:29 PM
Ditto what Big Merc says. Too much presumption on intent and not enough straight up listening. If you're going to be censored, why bother posting?

Menace
08-25-2003, 05:21 PM
:argue: :nono: :shot: :rock:

Logan
08-25-2003, 06:20 PM
I'm sorry, but I agree with Trilogy, they're trying to run a business, not a daycare. They should not have to be babysitting these forums. This is here for their customers to ask questions about their product, not a ***** zone or place to cite the ten reasons why you don't like their product.

They apply the same philosophy that I do towards bull in general and have my support.

I'm not saying who did what or when, frankly I don't care. However, rather than editing or extricating bullcrap from threads, it's a hell of a lot easier to simply pull the thread offline or close it. Granted, that can tick some people off, but hey, that's life.

Enough. If you want to talk product, direction or have a genuine question for Trilogy, they'll be more than happy to answer it. If you have a criticism on their product, ask, but for god's sake, be polite about it or take it to email.

It's not their job to try and extricate bullcrap from a conversation and have every right to terminate a thread, in this case, they just beat me to the punch.

You guys are entitled to an opinion, but not to beat people over the head with it.

Case closed, discussion over, move on or move out.