PDA

View Full Version : Butch Handy--get In Here!

Marauderman
06-26-2008, 04:18 AM
Hey Butch---

Heard this morning on the local news your license plate is going to be recalled by NCDMV--actually , according to the local news media--the state is recalling over 10,000 plates that start with

W ater T ator F lame.. seems as always someone has complained...geeshe

...........so it appears your reign has come to an end--sorry to say----I always thought it was a catch phrase --since all along everyone always keeps asking---what kinda car is that anyway---- but keep it afterwards and hang it in your abode ---as a lasting reminder as how you pulled one over on them all.......take care my friend-----

Bluerauder
06-26-2008, 04:27 AM
Hey Butch---

Heard this morning on the local news your license plate is going to be recalled by NCDMV--actually , according to the local news media--the state is recalling over 10,000 plates that start with

W ater T ator F lame.. seems as always someone has complained...geeshe

...........so it appears your reign has come to an end--sorry to say----I always thought it was a catch phrase --since all along everyone always keeps asking---what kinda car is that anyway---- but keep it afterwards and hang it in your abode ---as a lasting reminder as how you pulled one over on them all.......take care my friend-----
Whisky Tango Foxtrot ???

WTF-5505 is obviously a vulgar message. :rolleyes: 10,000 plates, huh !! :rofl:

"I can't believe it," DMV Commissioner Bill Gore said Monday when alerted to the situation. "Obviously, I didn't know it was there."
Could be Al's dimwitted brother. :dunno:

fastblackmerc
06-26-2008, 04:59 AM
Correct.

Heres some of the story:
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1118273.html

vonirkinshtine
06-26-2008, 07:20 AM
I remember on CV.net there was a member who autocrossed regularly. He wanted a personalized tag that read "+1 FTW". Where "+1" is autoX lingo for knocking over a cone, and "FTW" is "For-The-Win". However, the DMV wouldn't let him do it because "FTW" is also used in some gang cultures to mean "F*** The World".

Bigdogjim
06-26-2008, 07:34 AM
See this is what is wrong with the US today. One person complains and the rest suffer. I say everyone in that State drive to Capitol and park the cars as a protest! (ps. get a Lawyer also)

SC Cheesehead
06-27-2008, 04:18 AM
See this is what is wrong with the US today. One person complains and the rest suffer. I say everyone in that State drive to Capitol and park the cars as a protest! (ps. get a Lawyer also)

Yup, gotta agree 100%.:mad:

I say we all get WTF window stickers, and THEN drive to the state capitol to protest!

SCCH

Marauderman
06-27-2008, 02:27 PM

You gotta agree with Jim's thinking here folks----we should be able to have it, as well as some other types.....---cause it can mean just about anything anyone wants it to mean---as mentioned in earlier above post......and prolly more.......gheese

Butch
07-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Ok...I haven't been here in a LONG time...more about that soon.

Anyway, I just happened to find this thread...for a reason. I came here to tell you guys a little story, and apparently you guys were already discussing it last year.

So, I went to DMV yesterday, because I had not received my renewal card for my plate...yes, my WTF.AM.I? plate.

I tell them that I need to renew it because it runs out at the end of July. The woman brings my info up, and says "yep, it runs out this month.". She proceeds to try to get it to renew. It won't let her, and keep saying "Plate not available". She is confused. She tries all kinds of "tricks" to get the renewal to work, even saying the plate is stolen and to make me a new one. Won't work. She finally calls DMV in Raleigh, and after 15 minutes, they come back and say that it is part of the WTF recall for the normal plates. They didn't know if I was supposed to get a letter about my personalized one being recalled also, but needless to say, I now have a regular plate for the MM.

So, I have to blame NC DMV for wanting to make new plates to begin with that have WTF in the name, which made people complain, which had an effect on my personalized plate. I hate people....Just funny how long it took them to get to me about it. Took me going to them to figure it out. I guess they were not as worried about personalized tags yet.

Now...The other reason I am back on here...I am probably going to sell my Marauder. Yes, you read that right. I am getting an ad together for here now. I will put it up by this weekend or sooner if all goes well. $20000.00. Not desperate to sell it, so I'm not going for the quick sell at a low price. I know the car is worth it with the mods, and low miles. I just have a plan for my automotive future....

Reason for selling it? Just time for a change...

1 - Sell Marauder.

2 - Sell/Trade/Trash my 1990 Suburban with the "Cash for Clunkers" (http://www.cars.gov/) rebate of $4500, which is far more than it is worth, so I am coming out ahead there. I will buy a new SUV to pull my boat with the CFC money. My Suburban gets 10 MPG right now, and only about 5 when I pull my boat. Just about any new SUV will kick the ass of those numbers, plus the Suburban is just getting worn out. I need to put about $1k in it, and it just isn't worth it. It has been good to me, but it has over 400k miles on it now! It deserves to be put out of it misery and not have to pull a boat up a hill anymore!

3 - If MM is sold before I get the new SUV, I will use part of that money as additional down payment on the new SUV. If not sold by then, oh well, I will still sell it, and use some of the money to pay on the SUV later.

4 - Buy me a '65-'66 Mustang Convertable. I want another old Mustang, but convertable this time. I had a '66 coupe, but now I'm ready for another convertable. I miss my '89 sometimes. If I am going to get another convertable Mustang, then I am going to get one that is VERY EASY to work on.

So...If you know of anyone looking for a Trilogy Supercharged Marauder, send them my way. Here is a link to some of the pics of it over the years. I do not have new pics of it yet, but basically, it looks exactly the same as it did years ago...
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=butch%27s%20marauder&w=62283692%40N00

I will post something with more info about the car later in the For Sale section.

Thanks guys!

Marauderman
07-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Ok...I haven't been here in a LONG time...more about that soon.

Anyway, I just happened to find this thread...for a reason. I came here to tell you guys a little story, and apparently you guys were already discussing it last year.

So, I went to DMV yesterday, because I had not received my renewal card for my plate...yes, my WTF.AM.I? plate.

I tell them that I need to renew it because it runs out at the end of July. The woman brings my info up, and says "yep, it runs out this month.". She proceeds to try to get it to renew. It won't let her, and keep saying "Plate not available". She is confused. She tries all kinds of "tricks" to get the renewal to work, even saying the plate is stolen and to make me a new one. Won't work. She finally calls DMV in Raleigh, and after 15 minutes, they come back and say that it is part of the WTF recall for the normal plates. They didn't know if I was supposed to get a letter about my personalized one being recalled also, but needless to say, I now have a regular plate for the MM.

So, I have to blame NC DMV for wanting to make new plates to begin with that have WTF in the name, which made people complain, which had an effect on my personalized plate. I hate people....Just funny how long it took them to get to me about it. Took me going to them to figure it out. I guess they were not as worried about personalized tags yet.

Now...The other reason I am back on here...I am probably going to sell my Marauder. Yes, you read that right. I am getting an ad together for here now. I will put it up by this weekend or sooner if all goes well. $20000.00. Not desperate to sell it, so I'm not going for the quick sell at a low price. I know the car is worth it with the mods, and low miles. I just have a plan for my automotive future....

Reason for selling it? Just time for a change...

1 - Sell Marauder.

2 - Sell/Trade/Trash my 1990 Suburban with the "Cash for Clunkers" (http://www.cars.gov/) rebate of $4500, which is far more than it is worth, so I am coming out ahead there. I will buy a new SUV to pull my boat with the CFC money. My Suburban gets 10 MPG right now, and only about 5 when I pull my boat. Just about any new SUV will kick the ass of those numbers, plus the Suburban is just getting worn out. I need to put about $1k in it, and it just isn't worth it. It has been good to me, but it has over 400k miles on it now! It deserves to be put out of it misery and not have to pull a boat up a hill anymore!

3 - If MM is sold before I get the new SUV, I will use part of that money as additional down payment on the new SUV. If not sold by then, oh well, I will still sell it, and use some of the money to pay on the SUV later.

4 - Buy me a '65-'66 Mustang Convertable. I want another old Mustang, but convertable this time. I had a '66 coupe, but now I'm ready for another convertable. I miss my '89 sometimes. If I am going to get another convertable Mustang, then I am going to get one that is VERY EASY to work on.

So...If you know of anyone looking for a Trilogy Supercharged Marauder, send them my way. Here is a link to some of the pics of it over the years. I do not have new pics of it yet, but basically, it looks exactly the same as it did years ago...
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=butch%27s%20marauder&w=62283692%40N00

I will post something with more info about the car later in the For Sale section.

Thanks guys!

Thanks for explaining everything---sorry to hear your selling the great # 45 T /S/C---and again thanks for telling us all how stupid our state is on the plates--I can't believe it--WTF is Next?-:lol: