PDA

View Full Version : 03 Blue 26K $16,900

SID210SA
06-26-2008, 06:41 AM
I know a couple of people here have looked into it but no one seems to want it.....or maybe the price is just too high.

It is at North Park Lincoln Mercury in San Antonio and has a couple of blemishes.....the rear bumper had some scratches and was touched up and there was some overspray left behind.
The front bumper had a hole in it to the right of the license plate and was repaired....poorly repaired IMHO, but unless your are looking for it you wont see it, the windshield is pitted and there are two small chips in the roof above the windshield towards the center of the car, like above the rearview mirror.
Other than that the car looks straight and good. Then engine bay is a little dirty but not overly dirty.
The interior of the car is immaculate....it has the light flint interior and still smells new. No scratches or discoloration in the seats, no scratches on any trim, and no fading or peeling of the steering wheel or window control panel.

Oh yeah...and the rims are not scratched or dented or pitted.

It has been on the lot for about 6 weeks now.

Just incase anyone was interested....

Richy04
06-26-2008, 07:51 AM
That was on ebay a few months back also..

Aren Jay
06-30-2008, 10:54 AM
http://www.nplm.com/view_vehicle.php?id=4167774

I remember the vin # now what was wrong with it?

SID210SA
06-30-2008, 11:06 AM
I dont know anything else about the car other than what I listed above

94_302
06-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Someone at the dealership took it out and it was returned in rough shape from what I hear.

dpotter
07-11-2008, 07:41 PM
94_302, you are spot on! I went to buy that car after SID checked it out for me and found the newly pitted windshield (several significant chips directly in the line of sight), fresh paint on the lower right front bumper (appeared to be applied with a brush, sloppy as my 5 year old would have done, seriously egregious), rear bumper had been sprayed (VERY POORLY I might add, rough as 100 grit sandpaper) from the passenger side wheel well all the way past the license plate with what appeared to be Krylon's worst, there were also 2 dents above the passenger side windshield (about the size of marbles/end of my pinky finger) that were less than an inch apart but were fairly deep, about 1/2 inch! All of this happened within a week of SID checking the car out VERY THOROUGHLY for me, sersiously, he was up under this thing and all over it. They did do a good job repairing the gash in the front bumper, almost not noticeable.

When I got there I was like WTF to the salesman who walked with me around the car and sweared none of that ***** was there a week prior when I put a deposit on the car. Salesman took me back to the airport apologizing all the way, never heard back.

The only thing I will add is that the leather appeared dry and cracked, certainly in the back seat area.

Understand that I already have a blue Marauder with better interior, more miles (56K right now) and better exterior than the San Antonio. I went there to buy the car, IF it had been in the same condition as when SID checked it out a week prior I would own 2 DBP MM's or would have sold the higher mileage car.

Today, if you could get it for $14K or less, it'd be worth it noting the miles IF THEY HAVEN'T TRASHED IT EVEN MORE. I was seriously stunned by what had happened to that car in a week!

BTW, the Carfax was very strange.

Thanks again to SID for the thorough vehicle checkout in extreme heat; you rock man, I owe you!

dhp

Vortech347
07-13-2008, 02:09 PM
This one just recently sold. I was looking at it too..