PDA

View Full Version : WESMAN is this you at Mosport?

MADRODER
06-26-2008, 07:10 AM
A bunch of guy's from GTAMC (mustang club) went to Mosport for a fun day around the track and they captured this great pic. How did you do?

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x147/dday0644/Marauderattrack.jpg

Taemian
06-26-2008, 07:52 AM
A bunch of guy's from GTAMC (mustang club) went to Mosport for a fun day around the track and they captured this great pic. How did you do?

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x147/dday0644/Marauderattrack.jpg
I'm pretty sure Wesman's car is blue...let me go look at my CMM calendar...yup, this photo isn't of him.

Hotrauder
06-26-2008, 08:11 AM
Wes doesn't have to give many OK, pass signals. He gets them in bunches though. :DDennis

MADRODER
06-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Hmmmm........

MADRODER
06-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Just found out who owns the mystery Marauder at Mosport, it belongs to one of the instructors.

Taemian
06-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Just found out who owns the mystery Marauder at Mosport, it belongs to one of the instructors.

And he's not a member here?!?:eek:

Marawder
07-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Oh, all right, I guess I have to fess up. It's mine. I was looking for a place to post about the event, but seems someone beat me to it.

I have to say that I was simply awe-struck and impressed to no end at just how good the car performed. I ran 40lb front and 37lb rear tire pressures for the first two stints and while running at 8/10ths (safely), the car stuck and showed very little, if any, tire wear, even if I did get some howl through the esses 8-10. One of my co-workers was on the pit straight and you can hear me coming through 9 & 10 before you see me. I've run Mosport since 1988 in the following: 1984 SVO Mustang(best lap 1:56), 1994 Mustang GT (2:04 in rain), 1990 van Diemen Formula V1600 (1:46), 2002 SVT Focus (1:56), 2003 SVT Cobra (1:48), 2004 Mustang GT (1:54), 2005 Mustang GT Automatic (1:54), 2007 Taurus (2:03) and now the Marauder (1:55). I managed to chase down a couple of GT's over the day, even though I was low on brake to start with and saved the tires as well. Next time I'll have fresh brakes and a better tire than the stock BFG's so I should be able to shave off 4-5 seconds easy. I mounted a tripod in the backseat so I have the video from the event, and the co-worker did it on digital. If I can ever figure out how to download the clip, I'll post it here. (If anyone can let me know, PM me for my info to call me and help walk me through it).

Now, I've also had the exhaust done. I mulled it over many times about what to do, reading about what everyone else did, and spoke to a few people as well. I ended up with the following: hi-flow cats, x-pipe and 14" Magnaflows. I left the stock headers in place and the stock tips. It has a bit of a higher pitch than expected (like a trumpet), but boy does it howl when I get on it. It was awesome at Mosport going up the Andretti straight. Even taking it easy coming out of Moss around 50-60kph, I hit just over 190 before braking for 8.

I had a dyno run done at DaSilva's a couple weeks back to get a base-line run with just my K&N replacement filter and pulled 235hp and 254lb/ft at the wheels. Now that the exhaust is done, I'm scheduled to go back to see what improvement has been made and have a tune done as well. Hopefully it all will have been worth the effort, although based on what I heard at Mosport, it already is. Having more than a few people say it sounded better than a GT or Cobra was a nice compliment.

So, after all this, to sum it up - The Marauder was AWESOME! Thanks to whomever posted this pic. It's a nice one. If you have any others from the event, please let me know. I'd like if you could e-mail them to me, or if you have them on disc to send a copy (I'll pay for the cost if need be). Can't wait for the next event. Maybe I'll hook up a siren and flashers to get the full effect when I chase my next 'victim'! haha:burnout:

MADRODER
07-03-2008, 04:25 AM
Sorry for stealing your thunder I'm glad you chimed in.....:D I will be more than happy to forward you anymore pics it will all depend on the person who took the photos. I'll pm the individual who posted these pics on the Mustang forum (GTAMC) and ask if he has any other photos of the MM on the track. I would love to take the MM around the Mosport track a few times and maybe we can arrange a track date with some other fellow MM owners in Ontario.

SID210SA
07-03-2008, 05:35 AM
Marawder: If you contact Magindat, I am sure he would be more than happy to host the vid for you

wesman
07-03-2008, 05:52 AM
Well done Marawder,

Wes

Taemian
07-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Marawder: If you contact Magindat, I am sure he would be more than happy to host the vid for you

+1^^^^^^^^^ More video is always a good thing! You can always put it on Youtube, that's about as simple as it gets.

Marawder
07-22-2008, 08:12 PM
Running a 1:42 is an incredible time for the MM! I am truly humbled by that. You've obviously ran it well! It just goes to show how the proper modifications can make a difference, not to mention having good instruction. I should mention, though, I'm not one of the instructors, just a participant and sponsor through my dealer and our SVTOA Chapter. Once everything is ready for next year, if I can get down to a 1:50 I'll be very happy with it. Anything more (less time) than that would just be a huge bonus for me. I'm out there to have a good, safe time and a lot of fun. The video I take in-car is for keepsake and self-critique to try to improve each time I go out. Plus, sometimes I surprise myself with some pretty corny dialogue once in a while - all in good fun, of course.

grampaws
10-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Your new exhaust sounds really good looking forward
to seeing you at the track next year!! I have a spare set
of MM wheels should I put some track tires on them!??