PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Air Bags Rear Suspension

computertech
06-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Hey guys

do any of you know where I might find 2 good air bags for the rear suspension on my MM ? thanks in advance

B.C. Bake
06-26-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm not a big help "I would go to the dealer" But just curious what happened to the original ones. :rolleyes: Hey how bout a wrecked crown Vick lx?

Iowa Rick
06-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Just saw some rebuilt air bags on Ebay for 2003 Mercury Marquis. They are rebuilt with 2 year warranty. Place in Florida. I believe they were $69 each plus shipping. Here is item number : 120206273059. I also found new air compressors for 171 plus shipping. Rick

Marauderjack
06-27-2008, 03:56 AM
Check these guys out!!:beer:

http://www.arnottindustries.com/part_FORD_Air_Suspension_Parts _yid1_pid9.html

Good Luck!!

Marauderjack:burnout:

jgc61sr2002
06-27-2008, 05:41 AM

Good Luck!!

Marauderjack:burnout:

Great Info. Thanks:D

computertech
06-27-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm not a big help "I would go to the dealer" But just curious what happened to the original ones. :rolleyes: Hey how bout a wrecked crown Vick lx?

I purchased my MM and found the Air Suspension had been removed, I imagine this was done to "lower" the car ?? They replaced with conventional springs and it handles like crap (compared to my other MM) As well as the Power Assist not working....After reading on this, I understand they are both controlled by the same signal (circuit)...It is my hunch that the VAS Steering might not come back until the air bags are replaced.

Thanks for the links guys,i`m emailing the suppliers now......

Any more input would be greatly appreciated..............

Stranger in the Black Sedan
07-02-2008, 04:54 AM
I have a pair of under 30k mile mile take out MM air springs. I would trade you straight up for your spring replacement kit. I bought some extra air springs when I was trouble shooting the rear ride height. The two good ones I can send you are not from the exact same car but they are both from 2003 300A's w/ under 30k miles each, and they are L/R. I also have solenoids with them.

If you don't want to trade me the spring set, I would take $80 shipped including the solenoids, or $60 shipped if you want the bags w/ no solenoids.

Dennis Reinhart
12-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Hey guys

do any of you know where I might find 2 good air bags for the rear suspension on my MM ? thanks in advance

I have 2 here

Stranger in the Black Sedan
12-18-2008, 02:33 PM
My offer for $60 shipped still stands or $80 total including solenoids, I still have them. By the time I'd ever need them as spares I probably either won't own the car, or it will be so far in the future the "spares" will have dried out too, so it would be better if someone can use them. I keep a lot of crap squirreled away for "some day".

wannabe1
12-29-2008, 09:44 AM
well it would appear i am luck do u still have those 2 used i'd like to collect those sir if you wouldnt mind sendin me a pm so i can give an address to send to as well as payment

GetMeMyStogie
12-30-2008, 08:29 PM

I bought their spring/compressor kit a few years ago for my MGM. Had them installed for about 4 years before the compressor failed, but the springs were fine until I sold the car. The compressor kept running, but stopped producing enough pressure to raise the car.
For the $, it was still a good deal - I'd use them again if I had a need.

computertech
01-25-2009, 06:10 AM
Sorry its been a while since I have gotten back. I located (locally) a pair of air bags (with solenoids) installed them started the car and brrrrrr up it went and now I have my handling back, as the car is level as it should.

I do still have the springs (with tag #`s still on them) in my garage, if anyone is interested please pm me.

I purchased my MM and found the Air Suspension had been removed, I imagine this was done to "lower" the car ?? They replaced with conventional springs and it handles like crap (compared to my other MM) As well as the Power Assist not working....After reading on this, I understand they are both controlled by the same signal (circuit)...It is my hunch that the VAS Steering might not come back until the air bags are replaced.

Thanks for the links guys,i`m emailing the suppliers now......

Any more input would be greatly appreciated..............