PDA

View Full Version : Sunset Siesta Key

CRUZTAKER
07-01-2008, 04:44 PM
I made it a point to work on backlit subjects on our last trip to Mom's.

I have about 30 of these really nice captures. This is one of my favorites.

EXIF INFO:

Nikon D80
Focal length 55mm
1/200 @ F20
ISO 320
Front curtain flash with Nikon SB600 @ +1

Minor contrast adjustments in Capture NX

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/6/2/6/FLA-2007008EDITED.jpg

Hotrauder
07-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Cruz, that is a great shot. Thanks for sharing and for the info. Dennis

KillJoy
07-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Hmmmmm.....for some reason... THAT pic looks familiar.....

;)

KillJoy

sspmustang
07-01-2008, 06:03 PM
I live not too far from there..outside of the Keys, the sunsets are tough to top~especially when seen from the deck at Frenchy's :D

jdando
07-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Nice capture. Good composition, I like the spray from the boogie board.

oldekid
07-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Very nice Cruz!

CRUZTAKER
07-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Steve is right...that was last years effort.

I mis-framed the reflection in the water.

I didn't notice until days later...
That would have solidified the shot.

I am working on some wild gator shots to share I did that trip as well.

Will try again in August, and this time bring a tripod.

Hey OLDEKID...hows about lettin' me use that lens for a few weeks man....:D:rolleyes:

arejayesss
07-02-2008, 06:58 AM
Nice shot Barry! I thought the same thing about the reflection. I said DOH!! So close! Hey, what file format do you shoot in? Do you use the raw setting or just the fine jpeg? I have found it more difficult to review pics on the computer when shooting in raw. The .nef files are big and don't even show up unless you have paint shop pro or similar.

Bluerauder
07-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Nice shot Barry!.

That is a great shot Barry. You have an excellent eye for photography. I just "point and shoot". The spray off Gage's board is super.

oldekid
07-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Hey OLDEKID...hows about lettin' me use that lens for a few weeks man....:D:rolleyes:So, you want to mount my Canon lens on your Nikon body? Something tells me that they probably wouldn't get along very well. ;)

:argue: :nono: :down: :fishslap: :poke: :duel: :shake:

jdando
07-02-2008, 03:34 PM
So, you want to mount my Canon lens on your Nikon body?

Vise grips and duct tape FTW:banana2:

:corner:

CRUZTAKER
07-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Hey, what file format do you shoot in? Do you use the raw setting or just the fine jpeg?

5 years in and I still am shy to shoot RAW. My Nikon Capture NX software works RAW just like Photoshop CS, but I am still shy. One of these days...I just need to upgrade my 4gB memory card to an 8gB to handle the size difference.

BTW: The website WindowsPowerToys offers a free RAW viewer for Windows. I have never tried it however.

So, you want to mount my Canon lens on your Nikon body? Something tells me that they probably wouldn't get along very well. ;)

:argue: :nono: :down: :fishslap: :poke: :duel: :shake:

I'll bring Zack, some duct tape, and a box of assorted parts and HE'LL MAKE IT WORK. :P

AND...it'll make 40 hp to the rear booya!

arejayesss
07-02-2008, 03:53 PM
5 years in and I still am shy to shoot RAW. My Nikon Capture NX software works RAW just like Photoshop CS, but I am still shy. One of these days...I just need to upgrade my 4gB memory card to an 8gB to handle the size difference.

BTW: The website WindowsPowerToys offers a free RAW viewer for Windows. I have never tried it however.

Yeah, my computer has been sick for a few days with more trojans than a frat party. Our laptop could not even view the raw files. I will check out that raw viewer you mentioned. Thanks for your help!