PDA

View Full Version : Best price for new wheel?

sspmustang
07-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Looking for one stock replacement-any suggestions as to best price/source? It appears it is no longer listed in the FRPP catalog..Thx...

fastblackmerc
07-01-2008, 06:13 PM
Either eBay or Ray "The Dealer"

Stranger in the Black Sedan
07-02-2008, 04:52 AM
Probably get a new Mustang wheel and tweak the center cap. Get OEM for sure, do not settle for the aftermarket MM wheels if you can afford to

SILVERSURFER03
07-02-2008, 05:25 AM
i can get used wheels ....pm me for price and i can ship

SID210SA
07-02-2008, 05:43 AM
You can try Wheels America @ WWW dot wheelsamerica dot com The do really great work and have a 24 hour turn around. 250.00 bucks for a Marauder rim. When doing the search for the rim you must choose year....then Ford....then look for Marauder.

07-02-2008, 06:00 AM
For $250 you can get a nice used wheel and then not have to worry about how refinish clear coat will hold up -- the refinishers usually use spray clear coat, not powder coat like stock. I have a full sized polished wheel as my spare as well, because I leave the spare cover off and it looks fancy that way. Some day I am going to be tempted to sell the damn thing as the OE wheels get harder to find in good condition w/ their original finish still intact.

sspmustang
07-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the advice. Looks like they have them new (listed under Ford) for $250, so that's the way I'll go, confirming it is indeed a Ford part and not a repro. I'll have my old one redone by Keystone here locally as a backup, they do a nice job on refinishing other types of wheels.

I also bought one of the '03 full size spares, which came with a brand new tire, detailed it, display it at shows..quite a sickness this Marauder thing eh? :D
Thx.

07-02-2008, 02:20 PM
I got rid of my stock full sized spare (300A)and use another polished wheel as my spare. Maybe in 30 years I will regret not having the "correct" spare when people are restoring these cars? Probably not but you never know.

If $250 is really for a new genuine Ford OE forged and clear coated wheel, that is an unbelievable price. Be very careful. A lot of dealers will sell you a refurb wheel from an aftermarket source.

CRUZTAKER
07-02-2008, 03:30 PM
I have a source for refinished wheels locally that has been touted by many a member here. They just aren't a supporting vendor.

We're driving down to Bradenton on the 1st next month.