PDA

View Full Version : L.A. Marauders' Petersen's Automotive Meet 09/14/03

studio460
08-26-2003, 04:51 PM
[NOTICE: WE HAVE NO "DEADLINE" ANYMORE--ANYONE WHO WANTS TO COME, JUST COME--WE HAVE THE GROUP RATE AND THE DAY IS OURS!]

PETERSEN'S MEET INFO (REPOST):

MEET DATE/TIME: SUNDAY 09.14.2003 12:00-02:00 PM (MEET/EARLY ARRIVALS) 02:00 PM (TOUR)

Since it looks like a number of us are agreeing on Petersen's, I'm posting some general info. First, I guess I should check if there are any conflicting events on Sept. 14th at the museum. We would need to fill out a form at Petersen's (online or fax) for the group rate--it also has a space for special requests (e.g., coned-off parking, yes?). Need to get a head count of adults and children expected to attend, and settle on a time (we need at least 10 people for group rate). I would assume most would want the "unguided tour" but I'll await comments on that here. Note that parking for members of "Car Clubs" is FREE!!! GROUP RATE REQUEST MUST BE IN TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO REQUESTED DATE/TIME!!! So let's try and get all this settled by 5:00PM PST Thursday, August 28th if we're shooting for a Sunday, Sept. 14th meet! Is everyone in???

Petersen's Automotive Museum
6060 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036
(southeast corner of Wilshire and Fairfax)
tel. 323-930-CARS

Group Rates:
Tuesday through Sunday. Please let us know what time you are interested in coming. 1 hour guided or unguided tour visit. To receive the Group Rate your group must be 10 or more people.

Adults (19+) $6.00 (instead of $10)
Seniors (62+) $4.00 (instead of $5)
Students (13-18 or student w/ID) $4.00 (instead of $5)
Children (5-12) $2.00 (instead of $3)
Children under 5 FREE

Parking:
Parking in the Museum parking structure is $6.00 per car. Car Clubs receive free parking for those members arriving in the make of your Car Club. Other Cars Club members arriving in different makes or models will pay the regular parking fee of $6.00 per car.

Hours:
Tuesday through Sunday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Closed on Mondays

e-mail: nbcshooter@comcast.net
cellular: 310.722.0293

studio460
08-26-2003, 05:13 PM
Started a new thread now that many of you expressed interest in Petersen's.

I called Petersen's today, and they have no other events scheduled for Sunday, Sept. 14th. I told her we would have 10-15 in our group, so she jotted us down for 17 people (if we have more, I'm sure it's not a problem). So we'll all get the discounted admission ($6.00 adults) and the FREE PARKING!

I have tentatively set the "unguided tour" for 2:00 PM PST. If that's too late in the day, let's discuss here. I figured we could all meet at around 12:00 PM, goof on each other's cars a bit, then take the tour. Again, any other times that's better for anyone else, discuss here.

I asked about coned parking and she said we could only have reserved parking if we came before anyone else before the museum opened at 9:30 AM (museum opens at 10:00 AM). She suggested instead to park at the 3rd level parking (which is the area I wanted anyway) because it doesn't get that crowded. The 3rd level parking is half uncovered and leads to the second floor entrance to the museum (which will be locked, unfortunately). This is the area where "Galaxy Quest" was filmed. This is also the area where they stage most of their celebrity events, and so it's perfect for staging our cars.

So far, I've got:

x2 NBC Shooter
x2 JamesHecker
x1 MattJohnson
x1 Dave Compson
x1 RocketCouch
x1.5 Directedby
x2 ParkRanger

And I think:
xX dailydriver
xX vegasmarauder

I was hoping for jefferson-mo and maudominguez, too (and any others in L.A. area).

We have at least one, perhaps two members driving from Vegas, so if you guys need to adjust the meet time to make things easier for you, let us know here.

Let's try to keep the discussion here rather than in PMs or e-mail for convenience sake. Thanks for all your support.

P.S. We are under the car club name, "Los Angeles Marauders."

RocketCouch
08-26-2003, 06:00 PM
I think 2:00 is reasonable so the Vegas guys don't have to leave so early.

I don't think the blown Crown Vic will be tuned yet so I'll be in my daily driver 98 Crown Vic. Still a Panther though :up:

Dave Compson
08-26-2003, 06:17 PM
The more the merrier. As for the drive, i planned on leaving vegas pretty early in the a.m. I am easy, i think it may take me about 5 hours to get there. Maybe 4, dont know, never drove into l.a. from here. So, ill leave vegas around 6am. I am really looking forward to meeting you all.

vegasmarauder
08-26-2003, 10:42 PM
I'm in too! Dave, Sunday is a big travel day back to LA from Vegas. Not unusual for it to take 4-6 hours (or longer with the obligatory rollover accidents), but if you get on the road by 6-7 AM it;s usually about a 3 1/2 ride.

JamesHecker
08-26-2003, 10:47 PM
So...2:00pm Sunday Sept 14th. Sounds great. I might end up coming by myself as my wife informed me today that she does already have plans that weekend.

Dave Compson
08-26-2003, 11:46 PM
So, vegasmarauder, want to caravan? Up for an early drive out of vegas?

amerikan
08-26-2003, 11:47 PM
I'd love to come but i'd feel out of place... age wise... 17vs.. 40 plus :(

RocketCouch
08-27-2003, 12:34 AM
Dude, I'm only 22

studio460
08-27-2003, 12:40 AM
amerikan:

C'mon . . . we're not THAT old! Get yer butt into your ride and drive on over!

RocketCouch:

By the way, anyone NOT driving a Marauder will have to pay the regular $6.00 for parking (museum rules). Of course, IMO, all Panther-platform cars are welcome!

Las Vegas members:

Don't you guys have to go back to work on Monday? Isn't a Sunday meet gonna be a bit tough on you guys?

martyo
08-27-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by amerikan
I'd love to come but i'd feel out of place... age wise... 17vs.. 40 plus :(

Relax Dude! Around here everyone is about the same mental age!!

RocketCouch
08-27-2003, 12:52 AM
NBC: Yeah I know, I'll have to get some mercury emblems by then :)

JamesHecker
08-27-2003, 07:39 AM
Yea.... I think he's right. We don't want no wet behind the ears kids hanging around!

I'M JUST KIDDING! You better come! You can show all us ol' farts up by having a better car than most of us, if not all of us were driving when we were your age!

Besides, it's all about getting together and sharing a common interest. We may not have a lot of other things in common, but we all drive (or want to drive) a car that is somewhat unique.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, and I hope you come too, amerikan.

Directedby
08-27-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by NBC Shooter

RocketCouch:

By the way, anyone NOT driving a Marauder will have to pay the regular $6.00 for parking (museum rules). Of course, IMO, all Panther-platform cars are welcome!
[/B]

Considering the Ford dealers don't know what a Marauder is I am hoping the parking guy at Peterson's won't know either.

Chances are he/she can't tell the difference between an MM and CV.

I wonder if I can convince them that my Chevy Tahoe is an MM?

Mikeenh
08-27-2003, 08:25 AM
Amerikan,
DON'T pass up a chance to go to Peterson's. It is a fantastic museum that is always changing. With a special group, you might be able to go down in the basement to see cars nobody else gets a chance to see.
Besides, everyone will wish thet were as youg as you, and YOU'll be GLAD your are. :up:

Dave Compson
08-27-2003, 08:32 AM
NBC Shooter,
As for work on monday... I have sunday, monday, and tuesday off. I work on a 4-10 schedule. And after we meet in l.a., i will drive down to san diego to visit with my family. So, this meet is just an excuse for me to visit family.

amerikan
08-27-2003, 09:33 AM
Alright guys you've convinced me... i cannot say for sure yet but if everyone plays out... im comming. NBC thanks for putting this together...nice work.

maudominguez
08-28-2003, 04:49 PM
Greetings folks: :beer:

Sorry I havent replied sooner Shooter. You can count me in.
This sounds like it's going to be a nice time.
Amerikan good thing you decided to come. I didn't want to have to call you a "Little cry baby":bigcry:
Just kidding bro!! I'm sure everyone would love to meet you.

amerikan
08-28-2003, 11:10 PM
maudo i really really want to go but i don't know 100% yet so NBC don't put me on the list yet. Maudo i still have to make up for the time you were at chicane when i left...ahh.

studio460
08-30-2003, 12:41 PM
x1 amerikan
x2 NBC Shooter
x2 JamesHecker
x1 MattJohnson
x1 Dave Compson
x1 RocketCouch
x1.5 Directedby
x2 ParkRanger
x1 maudominguez

There. You're on the list, amerikan. Nothing I can do now.

SergntMac
08-31-2003, 03:13 AM
NBC/Anyone...Kindly tally the pairs of sandals you see, and let me know?

I learned a tough lesson today, that I've been severly overdressed lately. Wearing gymmies with my blue jeans is not fashionable anymore, and I'm not sure if it was my jeans, or my gymmies that earned the comment. It's a matter of exclusion now, rule out the obvious and see what's left?

Sandals...In a race car...Go figure.

vegasmarauder
09-01-2003, 08:26 PM
Vegasmarauder (Jim) is for 2, and my brother and nephew in a CVPI, so total is 4. We will shoot for a 930-1000 AM arrival for the 3 floor parking...

Dave Compson
09-02-2003, 12:41 AM
Vegasmarauder,

Do you still want to caravan from vegas? If so, pm me with a meeting time and place?

studio460
09-02-2003, 01:31 AM
Petersen's Automotive Meet 09/14/03 RSVPs as of 09/01/03:

x1 amerikan
x2 NBC Shooter (x1 if I get the bikini model and figure out a good excuse to go alone)
x1 bikini model???
x2 JamesHecker
x1 MattJohnson
x1 Dave Compson
x1 RocketCouch
x1.5 Directedby
x2 ParkRanger
x1 maudominguez
x4 vegasmarauder
------------------------
x17 total

James: Do you wanna invite your Ford wrench friend from Sunrise (or is he Matt's friend?)? Would be nice to get a Ford mechanic to one of these things someday . . . I will see if my Airport Marina Ford guy wants to come.

Matt: Guess we better start making sure there's really a decent place to eat nearby, do you mind checking with Tom Bergin's Irish pub if you get a chance (e.g., menu, hours, seating)? Is that our best bet in your opinion?

Thanks to all, for all of your enthusiastic support. Anyone else in Southern California who wants to come, please join us!

RocketCouch
09-08-2003, 10:19 PM
So what time is everyone shooting on getting there?

Tour's at 2:00, what like 10:00/11:00 am to meet up, check out the cars, possibly do an install or two? Then eat lunch and head in?

studio460
09-08-2003, 10:39 PM
Speaking for myself only, I was planning to arrive about 12:00PM. The tour is scheduled for 2:00PM and the bikini model (if I get one) is scheduled for 3:00-4:00PM. Rocket, you're welcome to arrive as early as you want--I just hope you'll have some company. Rocket, what kind of installs were you thinking of doing?

Matt Johnson
09-08-2003, 10:49 PM
Shooter - I'll leave it up to a vote (or not) as to where everyone wants to eat.

Tom Bergin's opens at noon. It's a true tavern - dark, (no windows to speak of), big wooden bar, real bartenders, sports on the TV, and some booths in the back. Don't know if it's the "best" bet, but it is walking distance from the museum (1 block, 2 at the most I think) and they pour a great black and tan. The food's not bad either - steak sandwiches, burgers, fish and chips. Only downside is it could be crowded now that's it's football season.

There's also a Marie Calendars about 5 blocks east on Wilshire. Not walking distance (by LA standards) but walking is not out of the question. Bigger, well lighted, family friendly, safe menu, etc.

My pick is Bergin's. But I like dark places that serve beer.

Dave Compson
09-09-2003, 09:18 AM
I am shooting to be there by noon.

RocketCouch
09-09-2003, 01:27 PM
Jim mentioned that he was going to get there around 10, and I didn't want him to be all alone, thus why I suggested the time. If everyone is going to show up at 12, then I'll show up around 12ish.

As for the installs, you guys don't have any new parts you are just itching to put on? Swaybars, endlinks, throttle bodies, speakers? I dunno... Depending on the part, I *might* be able to get it ordered and here in time for the meet.

Last year at Peterson's I installed my horn and PA system and got some wiring help from the other guys. Free labor is always good :D

studio460
09-12-2003, 11:56 PM
THIS POST IS REPEATED HERE FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE--PLEASE READ UPDATED POSTS ON NEW THREAD HERE! (http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4857)

Parking at Petersen's Automotive Museum--PLEASE READ!

Good news: The model has been booked! "Arianna" will be there in a bikini and high heels. I hope enough of you pony up the $10 for the photo, because I will owe her $100 when she shows up (this is a deal--swimwear and lingerie modeling is typically DOUBLE the model's standard rate of $100-$150 an hour!).

Not so good news: Although I booked our "tour" weeks ago and was told we would be able to park on the third level, since then, a large Mustang car club "bought" the third level parking ($500) for a 30-car, 150-person event occuring the same Sunday from 9:00AM to 4:00PM. We reserved a tour, they scheduled an "event" (i.e., they paid real money). So at this point we are left with levels 1 or 2, which are completely covered and not good for photos.

So, here are our options:

1. I call the parking guys tomorrow (Saturday) and beg to let us onto the fourth-level parking, which is totally exposed to the sun, which we need for the photos.

2. Re-park either before or after the tour at the LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art) parking lot on THEIR third level ($5.00 all day) which is USUALLY not that crowded. The LACMA parking lot is fairly close to the museum on S. Ogden Dr. (two short blocks east of Fairfax, 1/2 block north of Wilshire). If we go with this option, I may push the model's booking a bit later. Will let you all know here.

3. Wait until 4:00PM, reschedule the model for 4:30PM, and use the third-level parking (assuming the exposed part of the third level has cleared by then).

4. Ask the Mustang guys if they would let us use some of their space. I wouldn't count on this unless I got a confirmation of this on Saturday from someone representing the group.

KEEP WATCHING THIS THREAD. I WILL POST THE RESPONSE FROM THE PETERSEN'S PARKING GUY AND/OR MUSTANG CLUB AS SOON AS I CAN GET AN ANSWER BACK TOMORROW (SATURDAY, SEPT. 13).

If anyone misses the updated posts, I will leave instructions with the parking booth attendant. Remember, if you are driving a Mercury Marauder, PARKING IS FREE. Just mention to the attendant that you are with the "Mercury Marauder" car club. Thanks for your support, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Dave Compson
09-13-2003, 01:26 AM
Ok, whatever works.. ill be there. I am aiming for the petersons parking garage. I have your phone number and plan to call when i get close to los angeles. Ill check this post often....

Dave

Directedby
09-13-2003, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the info, Shooter.

studio460
09-13-2003, 11:48 AM
I am supposed to talk to Ray Salim at Petersen 323-964-6327 who is in charge of event parking, but he isn't in until later this afternoon (Saturday). Will post update AT NEW PARKING THREAD LOCATED HERE (http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4857) as soon as I talk to him. Thanks.