PDA

View Full Version : Brakes Squealing Question

fordman
07-02-2008, 02:26 PM
I noticed starting last week my brakes are starting to squeal. They only squeal at light pressure though, like first contact pressure with the brake pedal. After that there fine. Any ideas? I did paint my calipers about a month or so ago, and Im really hoping that has nothing to do with it. Thanks in advance.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
07-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Sounds like the brakes on my 97 LeSabre. After about 5k miles on new pads and rotors they would start doing that and I could never get it to go away except change pads and rotors again.

Are your stock anti rattle clips still intact? Did you use the rubberized damping goo on the backs of the pads? Did you use name brand pads?

fordman
07-02-2008, 04:12 PM
When I bought the car, the rotors where warped. Dealer replaced rotors (front) but I dont know about pads. Smooth stopping, just a little squeak. Bought car about 3 or so months ago.

maraudermetz
07-02-2008, 08:47 PM
You could have possibly of gotten paint in the grooves on the rotors. Try cleaning them with prep-sol, or adhesive cleaner. Something along those lines. If that doesnt work... You have every right to be angry at me for the extra work. Hah.