PDA

View Full Version : Mothers clay bar

AZ Supercharged
08-27-2003, 07:05 AM
Have had 6 black cars almost all Mustangs have had some trouble spots on paint and if its on the surface this stuff works GREAT did my whole 02 Lightning when it was BRAND NEW and it looked even better than the day I picked it up from the dealer ....this truck is a blast to drive, funny thing though all I see is headlights in my mirror....:)

studio460
08-27-2003, 10:25 AM
The Clay Magic clay bar works great, too! The bar is blue, weighs 100 grams, and comes with a 12 oz. bottle of Clay Lube (you might need more, I used nearly the whole bottle). About ten bucks at Pep Boys.

03MERCMARAUDER
08-27-2003, 10:38 AM
I use some stuff from a company in california called adams polishes, his clay bar works great, i tried both clay magic and mothers and the meguires and the adams work alot better in my opinion

Tom Kuznicki
08-27-2003, 12:45 PM
:up: After using Mothers clay bar I am totally freaked out. I keep the Marauder clean and shiny all the time, or so I thought. even though the paint was clean and felt smooth to the touch, after using the clay bar on the car showed me what amounted to a nasty brown gook that the bar removed from the paint. After waxing the car afterwards, looking at the hood, the color looked so intense and deep it was almost spooky. I'm hooked.

TAF
08-27-2003, 12:57 PM
ZAINO Clay Bar...is the "Mac Daddy"!!!

jaywish
08-27-2003, 03:32 PM
Hi,

Well sombody on here always has something new for me to think about.

If I have this right the clay bar functions like a polishing compound?

Jay

LincMercLover
08-27-2003, 03:42 PM
The clay bar is actually a cleaner. Better than using a cleaner wax I think, but hell, you can use both if you really feel the need. If gentely removes embedded dirt and grime, especially that in which you'd have to scrub extremely hard to get off (ie, bugs on bumper) to allow full penetration (here we go...) when waxing.

I use Clay Magic, and when I run out of lube (usually after 2 uses), I used Quick Detailer. I clay bar the whole car wet, using the lube for drying areas, then spray down the whole car once more and dry.

screamdennis
08-28-2003, 01:46 AM
i have never used a clay bar before , iam going to buy zainos and try it , my question is how many times can you use the bar before you have to throw it away ?