PDA

View Full Version : NE ohio meet:

a_d_a_m
07-06-2008, 08:41 AM
(i reposted this in the "events" forum. if i'm violating forum rules here, i apologize, but i wanted to make sure everyone got invited)

i'm a member of crownvic.net, and we've kicked around the idea for the past couple years of doing a cleveland meetup. we finally decided on august 9th as a meet date and i wanted to see if we could get a marauder or 5 to show up.

we'll be meeting at a yet-to-be-decided restaurant in lake county around 4:30 or 5pm, then convoying to annabelle's restaurant for their weekly cruise night. afterwards, i don't know what's gonna happen but it might involve a bonfire and/or beer at my house.

if you're interested, uhh, i guess let me know. here's the CVN thread if anyone wants to read it:

http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1479659&Board=29&fpart=all&gonew=1

Blk Mamba
07-06-2008, 09:55 AM
#1 Thats no consolation prize, thats a ride to be proud of. #2 My better half and would be happy to join the festivities. #3 The bonfire sounds like a great idea, and a lot of fun, hope the neighbors don't mind. #4 We go to Annabell's nearly every Sat. night, (last night it was so crowded you could hardly get in), so lets do it early. #5 Contact me if you need any help with anything. You are in Painesville? I live near Madison Ave. school.

a_d_a_m
07-06-2008, 12:40 PM
1. thanks. i haven't done a whole lot to it yet, other than a J-mod and the wheels.
2. cool!
3. they don't mind
4. good - i need to talk to someone who's got an idea of what to expect.
5. PM sent!

Darkside
07-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Sounds good to me!

Blk Mamba
07-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Sounds good to me!

Nice meeting you and family last night, wish we could have talked longer, we'll see you again soon.

a_d_a_m
07-06-2008, 01:27 PM
SWEET, one more person!

does anyone know (or are you) the person who drives the marauder in the concord/mentor/kirtland hills area? i see it on prouty road and johnnycake ridge once in awhile.

Blk Mamba
07-06-2008, 01:50 PM
I drive there sometimes, not often, so it's probably not me, there is a young lady that has a Blk, that lives at Whalers Cove in Mentor, but she's not a member. Could be her. My wife was thinking that we could do a picnic at Jack Britt Field, the day of the meet, everyone bring a dish, we'll do the Fried Chicken, everyone else can do salads, chips, drinks, Etc. We need to know a count on number of people, and who's supplying what? Just a thought.

a_d_a_m
07-06-2008, 02:26 PM
that would be a possibility. i will run it by everyone over at CVN and see what they think.

mpearce
07-06-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm in. Sounds great.

Darkside
07-06-2008, 09:11 PM
SWEET, one more person!

does anyone know (or are you) the person who drives the marauder in the concord/mentor/kirtland hills area? i see it on prouty road and johnnycake ridge once in awhile.
I always drive through there whenever going into Mentor. If it has dark windows and blacked out lights its me most likely. There was one for sale on 84 with MI plates last month.

Darkside
07-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Nice meeting you and family last night, wish we could have talked longer, we'll see you again soon.
It was nice talking with you as well. I'm sure I'll see you at Annebelles again soon. Hopefully I'll be in the Cobra, if my GT40 pumps ever arrive.

Merc220A
07-06-2008, 09:36 PM
I am going to be out of town...but would be interested. Maybe another time or maybe my other plans will fall through.

a_d_a_m
07-06-2008, 10:43 PM
If it has dark windows and blacked out lights its me most likely. There was one for sale on 84 with MI plates last month.

can't really remember, but if i had to make a stab at it, i'd say it's probably a different one. nothing about the car stuck out, other than being a marauder.

i remember that MI marauder for sale. never stopped and looked at it.

a_d_a_m
07-06-2008, 11:19 PM
a couple of the CVN'rs are after me to keep everyone posted even though we've got over a month away. so in the honor of responsible party planning, here is a properly-capitalized plan of what's going on:

DATE: August 9th, 2008

ITINERARY:
----3pm - Rec Park 3pm - meetup/picnic at Painesville Recreation Park
99 Mill St, Painesville OH 44077
Also known as Rec Park or Jack Britt Field. It's one big loop. Just drive until you see a bunch of Panthers.

----5pm (approx.) - Cruise/convoy to Annabelle's diner in Mentor
8637 Twinbrook Rd, Mentor OH 44060
Trash, if you don't mind, would you lead the convoy since you have a cool car and we need someone with experience to lead us to the best spot? :beer: Cheers, mate.

----?pm - Bonfire @ Adam's house?
I'll give you guys the address when we meet up so I don't have crazy people showing up on my doorstep! I'll need to know how many people are planning on hanging out at my house afterwards, so I can figure out the parking situation.

At last tally, the following people were coming.
1. adam/cleveland - (CVN) -- volunteering to bring a couple cases of pop for the picnic
2. 97CV - (CVN)
3. Bobert2647 - (CVN)
4. 93MGMGS - (CVN)
5. PantherP74 - (CVN)
6. 97sicvic - (CVN)
7. RAW - (CVN)
8. Stevooo - (CVN)
9. GrumpMarky - (CVN)
10. trash -- volunteering to bring some chicken for the picnic, right?
11. Darkside
12. mpearce

Last I checked, the following people were maybe's.
1. road_pizza - (CVN)
2. Imre - (CVN)
3. crownie01 - (CVN)
4. Bluemobile - (CVN)
5. Crabby125 - (CVN)
6. Merc220A
7. My dad w/his 2003 Mustang GT (not a Panther but pretty badass)

Please let me know what you are bringing for the picnic so I can keep the CVN thread current!

CRUZTAKER
07-07-2008, 11:29 AM
I am going to be out of town...but would be interested. Maybe another time or maybe my other plans will fall through.

Ditto...

Florida in August.

Blk Mamba
07-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Thats right Adam, we'll also need a head count for the picnic. I'll print out maps from Rec. Park, to Annabelle's, so if lights separate us we'll all get there. We'll meet up on Twinbrook, and pull in together. Probably the front lawn will be best.

Blk Mamba
07-07-2008, 06:07 PM
BTW Aug. 10 is Harley Davidson Street Bike Nationals at Thompson Raceway Park, that might make a nice second day.

a_d_a_m
07-07-2008, 06:18 PM
if i can get out of working august 10th, i'd be up for that.
now if i can just get the CVN'ers to start communicating................. .

in other news:
i was out at the park rd. bar with my dad and we cruised down your street today - not stalking, just bored. sharp car!

a_d_a_m
07-07-2008, 06:20 PM
what route were you gonna map out for the cruise to annabelle's?

north state -> chester -> SR2 -> 615?
north state -> jackson -> hopkins -> twinbrook?
something else?

i don't really care which, i'm just gettin' amped for the meet!

Blk Mamba
07-07-2008, 06:35 PM
So are we, I was thinking that north state, chester, SR2, & 615 would be easiest, then we'll all gather at the US Post office, and enter together. There should be one of us at the front, in the middle, and at the end, in case we get separated. And thank you I was just lucky, and at the right place at the right time, your CV is no slouch.

a_d_a_m
07-07-2008, 07:03 PM
i agree, we need to space out the lake county residents throughout the line. i'll be there, and i have a pretty strong "yes" from a M-O-L resident, a 50/50 from a willoughby resident, and a 50/50 from my dad in his mustang.

pantheroc
07-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Put me in for a maybe. Sounds like fun.

a_d_a_m
07-07-2008, 09:27 PM
awesome. hope you can make it.

Blk Mamba
07-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Hey Adam, I went to CV.net, and registered on Monday, and still am not approved yet. Do you know whats up with that?

a_d_a_m
07-11-2008, 03:42 PM
i have no idea. it took me like 5 days to be approved for this board, so maybe it's one of those things where a moderator has to approve you.

the "north central" forum is where we've been discussing the meetup over there.

while you're reading, i kinda thought of something:
we could just get a final # of people a couple days before the meet, plan a quick picnic menu based on who's coming, and i'll do whatever shopping needs to be done @giant eagle or IGA and we'll just split costs amongst whoever shows up. or you can shop if you really want. i don't care either way. or maybe this all sounds like a horrible idea...?

Blk Mamba
07-11-2008, 03:53 PM
We can go together if you want, I've heard that Super Wal-Mart has the best fried chicken around, and cheap too. You are not married are you. We'll take my wife, and she'll save us a lot of money. I think you have a great idea, keep thinking you'll have a great meet, kind of an end of summer meet.

a_d_a_m
07-11-2008, 04:03 PM
going together is a great idea - that way i don't forget anything. and bringing someone who can save us money is an even better idea! i'm currently single, so i don't grocery shop super well.

so, now the question is: chardon or madison super wal-mart? and we can probably just do it the afternoon of the meet, eh?

Jolly Roger
07-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I'll be watching this forum for more info.;)

Blk Mamba
07-11-2008, 04:12 PM
We normally shop at the Madison one but it doesn't matter, we'll make a list, we need paper plates, and things also. Do they have picnic tables at the park?

Blk Mamba
07-11-2008, 04:15 PM
I'll be watching this forum for more info.;)

Don't sit and watch, get involved, you are local, lets help make this the best meet of the year, maybe we can have so many CV's, GM's, & MM's that they can't fit us all in!!!!!!!!!

a_d_a_m
07-11-2008, 04:20 PM
We normally shop at the Madison one but it doesn't matter, we'll make a list, we need paper plates, and things also. Do they have picnic tables at the park?

the madison one is great. timewise, chardon is closer, but i can't stand chardon. we should meet up a week or two beforehand and make the shopping list up. i'll post it here and at CVN, and if anyone has any last-minute adds we can account for it.

***side note - i am going to my dad's (near 615/20) tomorrow night to watch the nascar race, i might swing through annabelles. were you planning on going or not?

maybe we can have so many CV's, GM's, & MM's that they can't fit us all in!!!!!!!!!

that would rule!

Blk Mamba
07-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Yes I think I'll be there, and I'll talk to Chuck, (the owner) so they know to expect us, when, and where.

a_d_a_m
07-11-2008, 04:34 PM
okay. well, i might see ya there.

a_d_a_m
07-11-2008, 04:40 PM
forgot to answer this:

Do they have picnic tables at the park?

yes. quite a few, but the park does tend to get fairly busy on saturday afternoons. sometimes there is a mariachi band playing down by the pond and they attract a fairly large crowd. i'm going to cruise past tomorrow and see what the action is. if it looks like it is going to be really packed, i will investigate reserving a pavillion.

if we need a backup location, i'm thinking headlands state park wouldn't be too terrible. they have picnic tables throughout the parking lots and some of the lots never get full. it's just very...sandy.

Blk Mamba
07-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Good, it's always good to have an alternate local. We should only need enough table for the food to sit on, everyone needs to bring a fold up chair anyway, because there's no seating at Annabeele's. (the wife and I bought some at Wal-Mart for $10.

a_d_a_m
07-13-2008, 01:02 PM
i swung by annabelle's last night and there wasn't a whole lot of anything happening. of course, as soon as i pulled out, it started pouring, so that probably had something to do with it.

did meet a guy whose name i never got, but he drives an ex-cleveland heights P71, said he knew your car, and also lamented at the long process of signing up for CVN. told him about the meet and he seemed interested.

one more car for the parade.

Blk Mamba
07-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Young kid with his dad, Collin, i think is his name, real nice kid, his dad will come also, because he is 16. I didn't mean to upset Jolly Roger the other night, but if we want this to be a big deal we all need to work hard at it. I can't wait for the second annual cruise to Annabelle's, just think how good it will be when you have a year to prepare. The starter went out of my car yesterday, I still haven't got it fixed, or I would have at least stopped to see you there. The race wasn't to bad, but it's getting to be I would like to see anybody win but KB.

a_d_a_m
07-13-2008, 01:24 PM
i never thought i would dislike any driver more than jimmie johnson, but...yes, kyle busch has taken that (dis)honor. on the flip side though, that was the first race at chicago i can remember being really entertained by. usually the racing is just single file!

let me know if you need help with the starter. i don't know much but i can stand around and guzzle beers and hold a fluorescent light if you need it.

a_d_a_m
07-16-2008, 10:40 AM
in addition to the 20 potential people we already knew about:

-i sent 3 private messages to CVN members in the erie, PA area and am awaiting a response.
-a CVN member sold his aero-vic to a non-member, and he's trying to get that car to tag along.
-anyone know about this car? ---> i saw a realllllllllllllly clean 2000-ish HPP marquis in traffic today. white, dual exhaust with tips. some kid was driving it and pulled down stratford road (painesville twp.) - i was on an errand and couldn't turn around on him. if i see him out and about i'll extend the invite.

that makes a potential 25 cars!!!

Merc220A
07-16-2008, 11:23 AM
I think I can make it there now!

Jolly Roger
07-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Young kid with his dad, Collin, i think is his name, real nice kid, his dad will come also, because he is 16. I didn't mean to upset Jolly Roger the other night, but if we want this to be a big deal we all need to work hard at it. I can't wait for the second annual cruise to Annabelle's, just think how good it will be when you have a year to prepare. The starter went out of my car yesterday, I still haven't got it fixed, or I would have at least stopped to see you there. The race wasn't to bad, but it's getting to be I would like to see anybody win but KB.

Upset, me.
Did I miss something?:confused:

FastMerc
07-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Sounds like a possibility have to check my planner.

a_d_a_m
07-16-2008, 09:02 PM
I think I can make it there now!

i'm moving you to the "YES" list then!
let me know if it changes.

here's the new list, with 13 people in:

YES:
1. adam/cleveland
2. 97CV (CVN)
3. Bobert2647 (CVN)
4. 93MGMGS (CVN)
5. PantherP74 (CVN)
6. 97sicvic (CVN)
7. RAW (CVN)
8. Stevooo (CVN)
9. 'collin' (the kid from annabelle's with the CHPD P71)
10. trash
11. Darkside
12. mpearce
13. Merc220A

MAYBE:
1. road_pizza (CVN)
2. Imre (CVN)
3. crownie01 (CVN)
4. Bluemobile (CVN)
5. Crabby125 (CVN)
6. My dad w/his 2003 Mustang GT
7. Jolly Roger
8. Carribean Queen (PantherP74's recently traded aero CV)
9. FastMerc

BTW Aug. 10 is Harley Davidson Street Bike Nationals at Thompson Raceway Park, that might make a nice second day.

i just free'd up august 10th. i was scheduled to work. if anyone else is up for this, i would be interested...

crabby125
07-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Hey Im like 90 percent sure that I am going to the meet, I might sleep over at a cheap hotel in the area that day, so I might be able to go up the the Street bike nationals if I do. Its not like I have a job to go to the next day.

a_d_a_m
07-19-2008, 07:23 PM
i might have some free space somewhere in my house. but i do live in a tiny 100yr old colonial by myself (well, i have a bratty dog) so my house is generally a disaster area...

a_d_a_m
07-22-2008, 07:54 PM
we are approximately 2 and a half weeks away!

here is the updated list, with crabby moved to the "yes" column (i'd bet on 90% odds, wouldn't you?)

YES:
1. adam/cleveland
2. 97CV (CVN)
3. 93MGMGS (CVN)
4. PantherP74 (CVN)
5. 97sicvic (CVN)
6. RAW (CVN)
7. Stevooo (CVN)
8. Chief2000P71 (CVN)
9. trash
10. Darkside
11. mpearce
12. Merc220A
13. Crabby125
14. My dad w/his 2003 Mustang GT

MAYBE:
1. road_pizza (CVN)
2. Imre (CVN)
3. crownie01 (CVN)
4. Bluemobile (CVN)
5. Jolly Roger
6. FastMerc

i cruised annabelle's this past weekend for an hour or so. it wasn't too terribly busy and there was plenty of chevelles, camaros, etc...but i did talk to a guy named vince, who owns a sweet '60s VW beetle turned into a ratrod. it will be there on the 9th and it's real neat if you're into the ratrod thing. there was also a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet '58 desoto sportsman there, black with reddish pink trim. there was some off-the-wall stuff there. i got a couple compliments on the '02 MGM too!

Jolly Roger, FastMerc...hope you can make it!

Jolly Roger
07-22-2008, 10:32 PM
We got there late, after the rain.
Everyone had gone by then.
Saw the DeSoto,
and a 08 Hemi (orange) Challenger with a 30day tag on it.

a_d_a_m
07-23-2008, 07:54 AM
yeah, that challenger must have been there from the beginning, because i saw it too. sorry i missed you, but i forgot my lawnchair and it was raining.

Merc220A
07-23-2008, 08:18 AM
Looking forward to this! If you can send out PMs to people going.... a few days before the event as a reminder...I know I will need one lol

a_d_a_m
07-23-2008, 09:05 AM
i plan on PMing everyone a week before as a reminder, and 2 days before with my phone # in case you get lost.

Blk Mamba
07-23-2008, 05:33 PM
We got there late, after the rain.
Everyone had gone by then.
Saw the DeSoto,
and a 08 Hemi (orange) Challenger with a 30day tag on it.

This is a friend of mine that had a '66 corvette I beat a few times on the way home from work, he just got the Hemi in the last few weeks.

a_d_a_m
07-23-2008, 06:03 PM
i don't think the MM will keep up with that challenger................

a_d_a_m
08-01-2008, 03:03 PM
reminder PM's sent to everyone!

Blk Mamba
08-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Good job, see you tomorrow night.

a_d_a_m
08-01-2008, 04:39 PM
yes, you will see me...provided i get the front brakes done. damn rotors are warped so at the very least, i gotta get 'em turned.

anyway, i have a work-related party to go to around 4pm, and i wanna get out of there around 5:30/6:00. you should see me around 6:30 at the latest.

and then i'm gonna have to cut out around 8pm to go to another work party out on river rd. in perry...

Blk Mamba
08-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Thats cool, I'm going to try to run out to Carney's later, the wife picked up some plastic forks, & spoons.

a_d_a_m
08-02-2008, 06:13 PM
we picked up another member - CVN's "Reaper383" - which makes us a 14-person clan right now. also, the weather forecast went from 60% chance of rain to 30%.

think positive thoughts and we'll keep having positive things happen! (i hope)

a_d_a_m
08-03-2008, 11:45 PM
and in case anyone cares, here is the updated list...a few changes since last time. * = MM.net member, nothing = CVN member...because i just copied this over from CVN.

YES:
1. adam/cleveland
2. My dad w/his 2003 Mustang GT
3. 93MGMGS
4. 97sicvic
5. RAW
6. Stevooo
7. Chief2000P71 - cruise only/late arrival
8. trash*
9. Darkside*
10. mpearce*
11. Merc220A*
12. Crabby125
13. Jony - cruise only/late arrival
14. Reaper383
15. road_pizza - coming, but possibly pantherless... http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/default/panther.gif

MAYBE:
1. Imre
2. Bluemobile
3. Jolly Roger*
4. PantherP74

OUT:
1. 97CV
2. crownie01
3. FastMerc*

trash and i will be food shoppin' saturday morning. i need a firm YES or NO from everyone by saturday morning at 8am eastern time. whatever the head count is, that's how many we're shopping for and splitting the cost amongst everyone who shows up. if anyone is bringing a rider (not a bad idea), we need to count them too!

and since i don't think it hasn't been mentioned yet -- bring a lawnchair!!!

Blk Mamba
08-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Great Job, we can't miss.

pantheroc
08-05-2008, 08:32 AM
I plan on attending, bringing the MM if whether is reasonable.
So put me on the Attend list.

If Mrs. Pantheroc goes, we'll also bring the 2004 CV.
Please put her on Maybe list.

Darkside
08-05-2008, 08:44 AM
I'll probably bring the MM regardless, if its nice I'll probably also bring the Cobra. My wife and daughter will also be coming.

Do we have exact times yet?

a_d_a_m
08-05-2008, 09:41 AM
bring the cobra! my dad's mustang (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/straightonchaser/spring%2007/DSCN0116.jpg) (pictured in the talladega parking lot) needs a car to hang out with.

the weather's still showing 30% chance of t-storms. i'm hoping they'll be morning storms and they get outta the way by the afternoon. i'll check the hour-by-hour forecast when they post it in a couple days and see what it says.

the times are kind of fluid, but i'm hoping everyone sticks to the 3pm arrival time. that will give us time to meet up, introduce each other, eat, and plan the convoy out. i'll make sure to get to rec park between 2:15 and 2:30 to stake a claim somewhere and meet up with any earlybirds. i'm hoping the latebirds make it no later than 3:45/4:00ish.

we need to leave the park around 4:45/5:00 to get the convoy to annabelle's started. and the convoy will include the following people, not necessarily in this, or any, order:

YES:
1. adam/cleveland
3. 93MGMGS
4. 97sicvic
5. RAW
6. Stevooo
7. Chief2000P71 - meeting at annabelle's late
8. trash
9. Darkside
10. mpearce
11. Merc220A
12. Crabby125
13. Jony - meeting at annabelle's late
14. Reaper383
15. pantheroc
16. road_pizza
17. PantherP74 - early (7pm-ish) departure

MAYBE:
1. Imre
2. Bluemobile
3. Jolly Roger
4. Mrs. Pantheroc

i'm gettin' more and more excited the closer it gets!

everyone who's IN or MAYBE will be getting a PM from me in a couple days with just an intinerary, links to maps, and my phone number in case ya get lost.

a_d_a_m
08-08-2008, 07:01 AM
the numbers are starting to shrink a little bit...........................

YES:
1. adam/cleveland
3. 93MGMGS
4. 97sicvic
5. RAW
6. Stevooo
7. Chief2000P71 - cruise only/late arrival (+1 person?)
8. trash
9. Darkside
10. whdahel - cruise only/late arrival (+1?)
11. Crabby125
12. Jony - cruise only/late arrival (+1?)
13. Reaper383
14. pantheroc
15. road_pizza
16. PantherP74 - leavin' a bit early

MAYBE:
1. Imre
2. Bluemobile
3. Mrs. Pantheroc

Blk Mamba
08-10-2008, 06:46 AM
Well it was a great meet, for the first, we had 17 cars in all, we had a DBP, (a local car) I didn't know was around, and a DTR, plus 4 blacks, and a large group of CV's, And MGM's. It was a great time, and I'm sure there will be pics, and a video posted later, I had a great time, and hope everyone else did also. The long haul winner was Crabby125, from NJ, WOW.

tjg442
08-10-2008, 07:23 AM
Sorry we could not stay longer, granchildren ! TJG442, Red 04 Maurader, next time, and thank you all, Ted & Dar....

mpearce
08-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Sorry we could not stay longer, granchildren ! TJG442, Red 04 Maurader, next time, and thank you all, Ted & Dar....

Nice to meet another (local) Marauder owner!

Great meet, Trash/Darkside...great putting a name to a face as well.

Hopefully there will be many more to come.

Congrats to all the CV guys who came in from long distance.

Adam...good organization skills, thanks for the leg work.

-Mat

a_d_a_m
08-10-2008, 05:24 PM
thanks for bringing the DCEVINGly sweet car!

there are some pictures in this forum, if you hadn't yet seen them.