PDA

View Full Version : california legal

dailydriver
08-27-2003, 02:53 PM
Does anyone know if this or any of the other supercharger kits are C.A.R.B. legal?

Jerry Barnes
08-27-2003, 03:13 PM
I will check on the California emissions for you as soon as I get a couple of installs underway. We have a lot of customers from California and I am confident, not certain, that the car will pass the C.A.R.B. requirements. We are not removing any emissions equipment for our kit and Lidio has done a great job of tuning/calibrating, so I am hoping we are good for California. I will get back to you on this topic.

Thanks!

ChuckB
08-27-2003, 03:30 PM
Jerry,

being one of the "smog challenged" Californian's my understanding of the issuance for a CARB number for specific model and year(s) is a relatively costly and involved process. This even though the original emissions equipment(s) are present.

i'm very interested in hearing the manufacture's take on what is actually needed to get this # from the state. Please to keep us aware of your findings.

Jerry Barnes
08-27-2003, 03:54 PM
ChuckB,

We looked very closely at California emissions last year and then got busy doing development and testing so the C.A.R.B. issue was put on a back burner for a while, but we will revisit that subject soon and yes, I will keep everyone updated on our findings.

I will consult with my friends at Ford to see how we run our car through the C.A.R.B. testing process.

We don't want to forget our California customers. And if its possible, our kits will meet your emission standards.

Thanks!