PDA

View Full Version : Udp

Black bart
07-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Hi Ho fellow MM riders:

Just purchased a used Steeda UDP set form a MM member back east. It seems that it is missing the 12 mm X 60 mm install dampener bolt, any one know what is the tread pitch?
:)Once I have that bit of info will run down to the hardware store and pick up the bolt.

Thanks

fred

fastblackmerc
07-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Hi Ho fellow MM riders:

Just purchased a used Steeda UDP set form a MM member back east. It seems that it is missing the 12 mm X 60 mm install dampener bolt, any one know what is the tread pitch?
:)Once I have that bit of info will run down to the hardware store and pick up the bolt.

Thanks

fred

It's the same as the stock bolt. Pull it out and use another mode of transportation to get a longer one.

Jolly Roger
07-08-2008, 07:00 PM
It's the same as the stock bolt. Pull it out and use another mode of transportation to get a longer one.

What^^^ said.

Black bart
07-09-2008, 08:49 AM
That is my back up plan.

thanks

fred

magindat
07-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Tap it gently and evenly with a block of wood and a hammer 'til the stock bolt can catch a few threads.

Don't forget the dab of silly cone in the key way.

Black bart
07-09-2008, 11:20 AM
OK will give it a shot

thanks Mingdat

Later

fred

Black bart
07-31-2008, 07:47 AM
Hi Guys:

Last Saturday installed the Steeda UDP set with out any problems thanks to great tips from the mm.net posts.

Noticed that the water pump was weeping coolant at the bottom of the water pump freeze plug.

This may well be the reason for the High Temp scare I experienced week before last. Added more coolant and “burped” the system…A-OK for now!

Yesterday the EMP/Stewart HI Po water Pump that I ordered from Summit arrived, boy that was a fast delivery!

Will install the water pump and the 180 stat this weekend.

PS:

The engine definitely spools up faster with the UDP set.

Regards

fred

CRUZTAKER
07-31-2008, 02:13 PM
I for one am glad this worked out. ;)

fastblackmerc
07-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Hi Guys:

Last Saturday installed the Steeda UDP set with out any problems thanks to great tips from the mm.net posts.

Noticed that the water pump was weeping coolant at the bottom of the water pump freeze plug.

This may well be the reason for the High Temp scare I experienced week before last. Added more coolant and “burped” the system…A-OK for now!

Yesterday the EMP/Stewart HI Po water Pump that I ordered from Summit arrived, boy that was a fast delivery!

Will install the water pump and the 180 stat this weekend.

PS:

The engine definitely spools up faster with the UDP set.

Regards

fred

If the water pump is leaking that means the seals are going..... replace it before your stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Black bart
07-31-2008, 03:38 PM
Agreed, Will drive the Town Car tomorrow and replace the water pump Saturday!

have a good one

fred