PDA

View Full Version : Weird

cruzer
07-08-2008, 08:41 PM
It seems that when my engine gets about 10 degrees or so above normal--we're having 100 degree weather now--while idling in traffic--when I move out, there is a hesitation in second gear--doesn't respond to throttle-then hooks up for a split second--then seems to shift into overdrive ,but stays in second gear ??????. tried locking it in second from dead start--definite hesitation--then slight acceleration---then feels like it is shifting into over drive---then accelerates normally---then when I put it in drive, it goes thru normal shift into 3rd and then overdrive--then converter lock-up. This only occurs when the engine is showing between normal and hot--not at normal temps. I recently had to let the car reprogram itself after the battery was disconnected for terminal cleaning. The new idle speed is about 700-800 rpm--it gets warm at these speeds when sitting idling in traffic--just idling at 1000 rpm cools her right down---I'm under warranty , but with a DR flash--don't want to let the dealer mess with the tune---fluid level checks O K---at speeds above 20 mph, engine temp normal---any suggestions??????????:help:

teamrope
07-08-2008, 10:25 PM
I don't know Maury, we haven't had that issue with either one of our cars.

Local Boy
07-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Do you know your trans temp, while this is going on?

Try checking for road trash (leaves...etc.) between your rad. and trans cooler...

ALOHA

ckadiddle
07-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Swap tune back to factory, have dealer (or you) perform transfluid service.