PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip to the Cities this Saturday

Eric91Z
07-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Well, this weekend I am planning on a road trip to the Twin Cities area on Saturday with my 3 year old daughter. Picking her up from the ex on my way up there. It will be about a 3 hour drive each way with her so hopefully that goes well - especially since we are working on potty training.

Anyway, primary reason for wanting to go up there is a chance to get out of town and to visit the REI store in Bloomington. I have a couple things I want to get and others I want to look at there. Then we might head over to the Science Museum of Minnesota and check out the Star Wars exhibit. That will kind of depend on how she is holding up. Then I assume she will fall asleep on the way home. So might just hit the Museum, too, to make sure she is plenty tired for the trip back.

Anyway, I was wondering how the highway/interstate is in that area around Bloomington and St. Paul? Is the bridge that collapsed still down? Any suggested alternate routes? MapQuest says to take I-494 E to I-35E N towards St. Paul. Any of those closed down?

This will be the first road trip I have take with the CVPI since I bought her over a year ago. I am guessing around 2 tank fulls of gas through her at mostly highway driving. I will finally get a chance to check out some average highway fuel economy since almost all of my driving is around town. Looking forward to that.

crouse
07-09-2008, 10:48 AM
The 35W bridge collapse is east of downtown Minneapolis, so you probably won't run into any issues. The Science Museum is in downtown St. Paul and REI is in Bloomington which is south metro area. A few weeks ago 35E was shut down over the weekend for repairs, not sure what the status is. Have fun. Curt