PDA

View Full Version : trilogy questions

grimmace
07-10-2008, 06:21 AM
Hi,

I've been a lurker here for quite some time....disappeared for a while but now i'm back. I've reached a crossroads with my marauder. The warranty expires at the end of this year so i'm contemplating whether to sell or put the trilogy in and keep it. If i sell i'll step up to the jaguar XF however the trilogy option is a lot cheaper. With that said i have a bunch of questions about it so here they go:

1) wasn't trilogy motorsports a supporting vendor who had their own forum? If so why not anymore?
2) i'm in NY so is there an authorized mechanic to do the work for me?
3) I have 30k on the car now....at 16k i had a cylinder head replaced under warranty. I haven't had a problem since but it does make me worry about adding the trilogy.
4) I have concerns about putting in $8,000 into a car that is probably only worth 16-17k

Thanks,

Gary

FordNut
07-10-2008, 06:36 AM
Trilogy used to be on here. There were some difficult times and Motor City Marauders split off to create their own forums. Trilogy quit here and went there.

Do it yourself or contact some of the guys over there, they'll probably get you hooked up.

Shouldn't affect the heads.

Valid concern. If you're thinking of ever selling it, consider it money down the drain. If you're looking to have lots of fun with your MM, a supercharger is priceless!

2ndMDRebel
07-10-2008, 06:42 AM
1) wasn't trilogy motorsports a supporting vendor who had their own forum? If so why not anymore?
-- Thats a whole can of worms to be opened with that question, ask 10 members/former members and you'll get 10 different answers. Either search here or go to the Motor City Marauder site that they are currently supporting.

2) i'm in NY so is there an authorized mechanic to do the work for me?
-- The kit comes with a comprehensive illustrated instruction manual and many people self-install the supercharger and there are alot of people who can be called on for helpful advice if you run into a snag. Trilogy is like family. I'm sure any competent mechanic can tackle the install with no or little problem and for tuning the kit comes with a base tune developed by Lidio at Alternative Auto specifically for our cars.

3) I have 30k on the car now....at 16k i had a cylinder head replaced under warranty. I haven't had a problem since but it does make me worry about adding the trilogy.
-- As any power adder goes there is always some risk but if your car is healthy and working fine I wouldn't worry about it.

4) I have concerns about putting in $8,000 into a car that is probably only worth 16-17k
-- Its the difference between being a commuter and an enthusiast, measured in smiles per gallon...

Good luck with whatever decision you make! :beer:

Krytin
07-10-2008, 06:47 AM
If you're on/near Long Island you will get help on the install!

merc
07-10-2008, 06:48 AM
Contact Lidio, here is his site. He has a full service shop and will be able to answer all your installation questions.

http://www.alternativeauto.com/

grimmace
07-10-2008, 06:52 AM
i'm am in LI and i already have lidio's tune

Breadfan
07-10-2008, 06:52 AM
Lidio is a good source as is Wes Chain from Innovative Interceptors who is an authorized Trilogy reseller. Trilogy was a vendor on both sites but now is a vendor on the motorcitymarauders dot com website. There is a wealth of Trilogy info over there and answers to many of your questions too.

MM03MOK
07-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Vendors come and go. Jerry chose not to continue being a vendor here. The former Trilogy Forum is found under Archives on the Forums page.

I love my Trilogy #61.

DEFYANT
07-10-2008, 08:06 AM
See above. All are good responses. Go for it!

Bradley G
07-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Mine has 30K+ with the Trilogy, Best money spent!:banana2:

DOOM
07-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Do the trilogy and you wont regret it. Innovative interceptors sells trilogy kits here on this site, contact WES.

O's Fan Rich
07-10-2008, 09:36 AM
I hate my Trilogy and wish I had never gotten it.
I also hate my wife and kids.
I hate having some money.
I hate being in good health.
I hate how dang good looking I am.

Don't bother with getting a Trilogy or you might end up just like me, hating everything.

( reverse psychology attempt.... is it working?)

Haggis
07-10-2008, 10:03 AM

Don't bother with getting a Trilogy or you might end up just like me, hating everything.

...and...

You love the.....

YANKEES!!!

Motorhead350
07-10-2008, 10:43 AM
You will enjoy it! Just get the blower and smoke some rubber!

justbob
07-10-2008, 08:21 PM
I did mine my self, no big deal at all. And out of the box power on a stock mm is unbelievable power and a very controlled rate.

huot5
07-10-2008, 09:36 PM

now serving haterade in the lounge.... :lol:

Aren Jay
07-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Consider a Jaguar S-Type R. A 10 year warranty and you get the best of both worlds without a huge price hit.

Texascarsdirect.com

A Trilogy is fine, but without significant mods just doesn't impress me.

If you want a XF sized car consider a S-type R 2003 - 2005.

Cheaper than a XF, but similar in size to a Marauder, internally except width, and just about the same as the XF.

But then I like Jaguars.

This for instance:

S-Type R 2003 39K with a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty, good to 2013. 400BHP and 24 MPG.

$17,950 http://www.texascarsdirect.com/PublicWeb/UI/WebForms2/InventoryDetail.aspx?id=4108A

Then again I picked a Marauder not a Jaguar myself.