PDA

View Full Version : Computer Strategy

jonroe
07-12-2008, 07:25 AM
Lidio,

What is the meaning of the computer strategy that is displayed from the hand held tuner? The reason I ask is that today I was returning to the performance tune after a dealer visit and I noticed that the strategy was different with the stock tune vs the performance tune. The performance tune strategy is RZASABS and I thought that it was the same when in stock tune. Today I noticed that it was different. I neglected to write it down before changing from stock to performance but I think it started with RZ but had a Y in it and was several characters different. Could the stock strategy have changed while at the dealer? Thanks. Jon

Lidio
07-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Lidio,

What is the meaning of the computer strategy that is displayed from the hand held tuner? The reason I ask is that today I was returning to the performance tune after a dealer visit and I noticed that the strategy was different with the stock tune vs the performance tune. The performance tune strategy is RZASABS and I thought that it was the same when in stock tune. Today I noticed that it was different. I neglected to write it down before changing from stock to performance but I think it started with RZ but had a Y in it and was several characters different. Could the stock strategy have changed while at the dealer? Thanks. Jon

It is possible that the dealer did re-flash the computer with their latest strategy while your vehicle was in for service. They will do it with out asking. Not sure exactly what you've run into. But as long as your flasher was able to re-flash your performance tune back in with no problems... you should be fine.
Some times in this situation, the flasher will not work right after the dealers install an updated strategy.

jonroe
07-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Lidio,

I was at the dealer for a transmission slipping problem. It turned out to be that the OEM filter fell out of the valve body and I had the deep pan that did not support it. They could have messed with the computer during diagnosis.

So, as long as the performance tune went in okay, there is not a problem? Do you normally care about the stock strategy when making the new tunes? Is there any need for you to update me?

Thanks.

jon