PDA

View Full Version : 2006 CV flush mount dvd player?

tbone745
07-14-2008, 08:55 AM
Well I have finally started molding my CV into a more agressive and better looking machine. One thing I wanted to do was kick my stock cd player to the curb and get a double din flush mounted cd/dvd player. After visiting Cructhfield's :censor: (They were no help), I realized I had a problem...... I DONT KNOW HOW TO ACHIEVE THIS!I've seen plenty of older Panthers with what I want but not any past 2004 and somebody told me the opening is different past 04'

-Do I have a true double din or is it a din and a half?
-What model cd/dvd unit will work with my vehical?
-Is a mounting kit available or is custom work needed?
-And last I would still like to use my steering wheel mounted controls, so is there a way to still use them?

ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!!:beer:
Vehical info: 2006 Crown Victoria LX stock cd player unit with steering wheel controls

Pops
07-14-2008, 09:10 AM
You can put in a double din in it and get a steering wheel interface. Check the Johns Stereo forum. Welcome to the site and have a great time!

magindat
07-14-2008, 10:06 AM
Pioneer AVIC-F900BT....

GreekGod
07-15-2008, 05:33 AM
read all about it:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/Navigation/In-Dash/AVIC-F900BT

jgc61sr2002
07-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Welcome aboard.:D:welcome1:

johnkuhn is our resident audio expert.

Pops
07-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Welcome aboard.:D:welcome1:

johnkuhn is our resident audio expert.

I get a lot of help from the members and we have some good ones when it comes to car audio. Ask a lot of questions and you will get some answers here!:D

tbone745
07-16-2008, 05:30 AM
Hey thanks guys! I found a AVIC-F900BT on ebay new for $889 and I checked with my buddies at a local Audio store and they'll sell it to me for $915 before tax. Sounds like a deal?:banana::banana::banana: Or is there somewhere else cheaper?

Now I need to me some good 6X8 speakers. Any ideas?:cool:

Pops
07-16-2008, 05:39 AM
Please do not post prices in my forum. If you would have checked the Avic pre Sale prices you would see that it is less money at Johns Stereo.We also sell the Premier model which has a better warranty. There is also a software problem with the first run of these. They hope to have it corrected this week. I also sell 6 X 8 speakers. It is not polite to ask for help and do what you are doing!

John

magindat
07-16-2008, 05:51 AM
Now I need to me some good 6X8 speakers. Any ideas?:cool:

:shake: Yeah. Buy them from John.

:cool: I'll be happy to provide model numbers and a link for info, but not if you'll use said info to shop elsewhere...

magindat
07-16-2008, 05:53 AM
Please do not post prices in my forum. If you would have checked the Avic pre Sale prices you would see that it is less money at Johns Stereo.We also sell the Premier model which has a better warranty. There is also a software problem with the first run of these. They hope to have it corrected this week. I also sell 6 X 8 speakers. It is not polite to ask for help and do what you are doing!

John

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44506

tbone745
07-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Hey John sorry for posting prices....didn't know you couldnt do that. I was just trying to get a ball park figure of how much it would run me and to know if these guys are trying to rip me off.:flamer:

BTW I havent purchased anything from anybody...yet

ChiTownMaraud3r
07-16-2008, 10:18 PM
It technically is a din and a half. Grinding down the upper and lower lip, I was able to stick in a Pioneer D1, but I have a separate DVD player if I ever wanted to connect it since it does not play DVDs in its drive(only navigation).

Pops
07-17-2008, 05:59 AM
Hey John sorry for posting prices....didn't know you couldnt do that. I was just trying to get a ball park figure of how much it would run me and to know if these guys are trying to rip me off.:flamer:

BTW I havent purchased anything from anybody...yet

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!! :)

tbone745
07-17-2008, 06:24 AM
John,

Do you have everything I need to install the Pioneer unit? Ford Wiring Harness, Steering wheel control unit, mounting bracket(if needed)

And is there any kind of prep work I need to do to the dash opening?

-Tbone745