PDA

View Full Version : Hoping to join the FUN

BSinCO
07-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Well I haven't picked up an MM yet but am looking for good candidates. After looking through the classifieds I see some good candidates. I saw some supercharged MM and was wondering about the reliability of said cars compared to stock and in general. Any and all help appreciated and hopefully soon I'll have my own MM to brag about. Anybody located in the Four Corners region wanting to sell?

Blake :banana2:

imorb1994
07-15-2008, 11:41 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.p... (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.p...)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45621
there are a couple of us from colorado trying to arrange a G2G

Loco1234
07-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Supercharging is the way to go...
....but if you haven't driven High HorsePower cars alot before then go with an NA to start...
You can always upgrade...
Most people have done some level of upgrading to their Marauder already...

sd8683
07-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Supercharged is the way to go, if you buy a N/A MM you'll probably catch the mod bug pretty quickly, and spend a lot of money in the process! Supercharged MM's aren't selling for that much more than
N/A MM's right now, but either way you go you'll love the car! Happy shopping, and welcome!

Bluerauder
07-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Well I haven't picked up an MM yet but am looking for good candidates. After looking through the classifieds I see some good candidates. I saw some supercharged MM and was wondering about the reliability of said cars compared to stock and in general. Any and all help appreciated and hopefully soon I'll have my own MM to brag about. Anybody located in the Four Corners region wanting to sell?

Blake :banana2:
Welcome to the MM.Net :welcome1: Now all you need to do is to latch on to one of those good candidates and start enjoying the Marauder grin. :D

I have had my MM going on 5 years and have had no "reliability" issues to speak of with the exception of windshield wiper motor replacement. You will find that most folks here take extra special care of their MM.

BSinCO
07-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Supercharging is the way to go...
....but if you haven't driven High HorsePower cars alot before then go with an NA to start...
You can always upgrade...
Most people have done some level of upgrading to their Marauder already...

Supercharged is the way to go, if you buy a N/A MM you'll probably catch the mod bug pretty quickly, and spend a lot of money in the process! Supercharged MM's aren't selling for that much more than
N/A MM's right now, but either way you go you'll love the car! Happy shopping, and welcome!

Welcome to the MM.Net :welcome1: Now all you need to do is to latch on to one of those good candidates and start enjoying the Marauder grin. :D

I have had my MM going on 5 years and have had no "reliability" issues to speak of with the exception of windshield wiper motor replacement. You will find that most folks here take extra special care of their MM.

Thanks for the responses. I have had plenty of high horsepower cars in the past including a 400 hp 2L Turbo Eclipse (4G63 incredibly potent/strong motor). I just need something bigger as I now have a 10 month old daughter and have to become a little more civilized. :mad2:I am glad to hear the lack of reliability issues as my family has been a Ford family for a very long time I was just more interested in Turbo AWD fun until now. I am already enjoying the forum and hope to make lots of good friends in the future with this great site. Once again thanks for the responses and keep em coming guys.

Blake

Stranger in the Black Sedan
07-15-2008, 01:33 PM
It all depends on what you plan on doing with the car, and what your personal preferences are. My roller cammed, fuel injected 327 Camaro is hands down faster and more maneuverable than my Marauder. If I really have a need for speed, and not air conditioning, I'll drive that car. Otherwise, the MM has comfort and more than enough power for what I need it to do, stock, with a gear upgrade and a tune. I would never supercharge the MM because it is too big and bulky a car for me to justify having that much power. All depends on what you are comfortable driving. If I really want a sub 13 second car, it's going to have to be in a much smaller package.

The SC guys will all disagree with me because obviously, a fast and large car was in the cards for them.

Which boat you are in, is up to you. It sounds like you don't need a supercharger. NA with a tune and gears should be more than enough if you don't want to go crazy with the car.