PDA

View Full Version : Death at Dunnville Autodrome

Canadasvt
07-19-2008, 03:21 PM
There must be much more to this as I've been on that track numerous times and the buildings are far from anywhere you should be:

Fatality at Dunnville Autodrome

Posted By OPP in Haldimand

Posted 1 hour ago

(Dunnville, ON) The Ontario Provincial Police, Haldimand County Detachment along with Haldimand County EMS and Fire responded to a serious single car crash at the Dunnville Autodrome, Port Maitland Road, Dunnville, Haldimand County.
Saturday, July 19th at approximately 10:40am, a 1991 green Mazda Miata operated by Sidney Paine, age 73, of Mississauga, ON was at the Autodrome touring the track. The driver was rounding a corner and for unknown reasons left the track and collided into a building. Bystanders attended the driver and performed CPR until EMS arrived.
The coroner attended and Mr. Paine was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Haldimand County OPP is continuing to investigate along with the assistance of OPP Technical Traffic Collision Investigators.
A post-mortem is being held Sunday.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/Canadasvt/track.gif

MADRODER
07-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Terrible news, my condolences to his family.

cshorts
07-21-2008, 08:14 PM
I actually ran my Marauder there about 1 month ago and can't see how anyone could hit the building as they say unless he had a seizure or attack of some sort. They pride themselves on safety there. It is too bad for sure and I just hope I am still doing that type of thing at 73...

BillyGman
07-22-2008, 07:09 AM
I mean no disrespect to my elders, but ya gotta consider the guy's age. 73? Uhmmm...... I think it was already time for him to forget about those types of hobbies. I mean some people at that age are fine, but there are others who are already getting a little dangerous behind the wheel on the public streets by then let alone on the track. Nature is against us the older we get. Ya gotta face it. I'm not from Canada, so please feel free to correct me on this, but isn't it true that in some provinces of Canada you get tested periodically in order to retain your drivers license once you turn a certain age? That's what I was told, and I think that's a great idea. I wish it was like that here in the USA. Anyways, the point being, that if there's a need to do that for people driving on the public roads, then shouldn't there be either something similar for people who reach a certain age who still wish to get on the race track? Either that or a cut-off age limit?

There was a great line in one of the "Dirty Harry" movies ( I think it was "Magnum Force")..when Clint Eastwood says...."A man's got to know his limitations"..... good words to live by.