PDA

View Full Version : Chicagoland Supercharger Installs....

Zack
08-29-2003, 12:49 PM
As you all know, I successfully installed the Reinhart supercharger on my Marauder. I put a lot of meticulous work and careful thought into the install. Dennis and I have been working together on me becoming an authorized installer for the Chicagoland area. Actually, it was a 2 minute conversation, but I am pleased to offer my services to anyone who prefers not to do the work themselves. You can rest assured your car will be in good hands with me. Anyone who would like to see my car in person is welcome to call me anytime at 708-476-2647.
I know a lot of owners out there trust only a select few mechanics to touch any vehicle they might own, I fully understand.
Feel free to call me, visit my 2 car garage, look at my 59 Cadillac while youre there and BS a little. Ive been wrenching since I was 10, and surpassed my fathers skills by the time I was a teenager. Please consult Mac as a reference to my abilities, as he is the only person anyone on this board would be familiar with. As of now, a safe time to leave me your car would be 6-7 days, although I could finish in 2 depending on my work schedule (which I dont have right now!) I will do everything except install the S/C drainback plug into the oil pan. This task will be performed by my Master Tech at the local Ford dealer. He did mine, it doesnt leak a drop. So on to the price....
$1100.00 Flat fee.
This includes any extras I might have to buy (Dealer drainback install, coolant, vacuum line etc...)
I feel the price I am asking is very fair when you consider what is
involved. This is a no bull pricing, it is that price if I work on it for a day or 6 days.
All kits need to be purchased through Dennis. You can ship the kit to me or bring it with you, that is your choice.
Well, I think Ive covered all the bases. E-mail me at: zackmcgrath@hotmail.com
Or call 708-476-2647
Thank you

Mike M
08-29-2003, 01:03 PM
Tell us about the results!

Zack
08-29-2003, 01:16 PM
Well, I finished Thursday night but didnt take it out. I wanted to let it run in the driveway so I could monitor everything. Today, its raining in Chicago so its not coming out. Its first journey will be tomorrow to the Rock Island Dyno tune. Can you say three hour break in? Ill keep you posted

MI2QWK4U
08-29-2003, 02:32 PM
Congrats Zach!

cyclone03
08-29-2003, 03:09 PM
Hey Zack,Is the oil drainback the punch a hole in the pan then tap it out set up?

If so it is a little bit scary but if you start small and work your way up to size it's not bad.
I still have the big punch I shortened when I was installing Vortex's on 5.0's.

BTW it is best to punch the hole over drilling because it leaves more mettal to tap into.

Dennis Reinhart
08-29-2003, 03:54 PM
You use a punch to start the hole then a tap heavily coated with grease to tap the pan, this catches the metal shavings, then seal the fitting with a good sealant, or you can buy a pan I have with it welded in.

Marauder57
08-29-2003, 04:51 PM
Zack,

That is pretty nice of you to offer your services on the SC intall....and to me that price is pretty dang good especially with the attention to detail you have.

Enjoy the SC and I hope some others take you and Dennis up on this SC.....I can smell the burning tires from here....:D