PDA

View Full Version : F.I.T kit tuning

Spilner
07-26-2008, 10:19 AM
I need some help on tuning the f.i.t kit on my marauder. I just dyno it and it only made 255rwhp and the a/f where like 14 at 5000rpm. I loaded the program that they give me. Everything is installed right. It idle's, drive's, I mean everything is good. Just cant get on it. I just send some help tuning the Diablo predator and a program that someone already has. I just spent all this money and i am just not happy with it to make stock hp and not being uble to get on it. So please if anybody can help i would appreiate it.

Zack
07-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Post pics and better details.
Sounds like you have a bad bypass valve or it isnt hooked up right.

Spilner
07-26-2008, 10:56 AM
here is one of a dyno pull. I cant get good pics of the other one's for some reason. but i will try

Spilner
07-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Well i check the check engine light i thought it was on there since i installed the kit like the diablo predator said there will be some. Well there is one code that is not suppose to be on there. It said Fuel Pressure Rail Sensor. So that might be a problem. But also if it was It should still make more then stock hp. The Bypass valve. I am able to push the valve in and out. I am not sure if i am suppose to be able to do that. I have onwed many turbo cars and the bypass valve on those you cant push in at all.

Zack
07-26-2008, 07:10 PM
The Rail pressure code is nothing to worry about.

Post pics of every part of the blower kit and we will tell you whats wrong.

Local Boy
07-27-2008, 03:32 AM
No worries Brutha...

These guys got ALL the answers...

They'll get you up and running in no time...

In the mean time, just drive it easy...

ALOHA

BTW: With regards to your fuel rail code...your tuner needs to set the threshold higher in the ECM...problem fixed. It's normal to be able to cycle the by-pass valve, up & down, by hand...No worries...I would start by looking for leaking boost...

Do you have a scan gauge? Do you know what vacum you are pull'in?

Good Luck...

Spilner
07-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Well after looking over it today i think i might have a bad vaccum source for the by pass valve. What source should i run the vaccum line to. I will take pics and so soon

teamrope
07-27-2008, 09:15 AM
Here is where I tied in #19's vacuum line.

Sorry for the bad spelling and poor quality of the pic, I had to use my cell phone camera but you should be able to get the idea.

Also for safety, Greg sent the original tune set to run rich so you wouldn't encounter a lean condition and blow the engine on the first dyno pull. It will need to be tuned to your car to get the air/fuel right.
http://Home.comcast.net/~teamrope/pics/FIT bypass vaccum.gif

Spilner
07-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Here are some pics. Yeah Teamrope that is the same source i use. So something else has to be wrong. Plus it doesnt run rich. It wrongs extremly lean. I dont know. I just want to get it firgured out so i can actully enjoy the car.

MM2004
07-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Dude.

Bring it up Tuesday at the B-Dubs in Middletwon. I'll have my camera for better pics, and the group can discuss this further.

You are at the right place for answers to what is wrong with your MM.

Those numbers are less that what a stock MM puts down.

Drive the damn thing easy until this is worked out.

Mike.

Local Boy
07-27-2008, 03:19 PM
Obviously, you are not putting out any boost...or the 5/8's rubber cap (where the OEM vacum source is for the PCV system) would have blown off by boost presure...

Put up pic's of your PCV system...and from your intake side...

ALOHA

Spilner
07-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Yeah i check over everything. Every line in on and everything is connected. I dont know what else to do.

Zack
07-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Yeah i check over everything. Every line in on and everything is connected. I dont know what else to do.

Take the bypass valve off and look in it, blow in it, get a vacuum pump, etc.

It is probably wide open.

Also, tell us about your fuel pump install.

Zack
07-27-2008, 06:50 PM
Take a pic of your belt tensioner as well please.

Spilner
07-27-2008, 07:30 PM
As i check the bypass valve today and am able to take my finger and push the rod onthe outside in without any pressure. To my knowledge i think it is suppose to have pressure. If its the samething as a bypass valve on a turbo car.

Zack
07-28-2008, 05:45 AM
As i check the bypass valve today and am able to take my finger and push the rod onthe outside in without any pressure. To my knowledge i think it is suppose to have pressure. If its the samething as a bypass valve on a turbo car.

It should have pressure, there is a spring that keeps it closed.

magindat
07-28-2008, 06:28 AM
Keep an eye on the arm on the BP valve, then at idle have someone connect and disconnect your vac source for the BP.

This should tell you if the vac sourve has vac AND if the BP actuator is working.

Make sure that arm is not near getting bound up.

magindat
07-28-2008, 06:30 AM
Further, get a cheap vac/boost gauge. Cheap as $20 as a tool from the FLAPS. Make sure your vac source is around -20 or so inches and I think that's like -8psi.

Assuming all else good, you ain't makin boost - you're probly recirculating boost.

Spilner
07-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Here is the pic of the belt tensioner. ANd i have a video of me pushing the rod on the bypass valve with any pressure or fight.

Spilner
07-28-2008, 04:24 PM
If anybody can host a video i will send it to you by email.

Spilner
07-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Alright guys i just firgured it out. But does anybody have the tune that f.i.t gave with the predator to it a safe tune. I think the guy i had put the tune from the predator to the car messed it up and that is why it is running so lean. Or he didnt put it in right. SO please somebody have this. Thanks

Zack
07-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Alright guys i just firgured it out. But does anybody have the tune that f.i.t gave with the predator to it a safe tune. I think the guy i had put the tune from the predator to the car messed it up and that is why it is running so lean. Or he didnt put it in right. SO please somebody have this. Thanks

magindat should have it.

HwyCruiser
07-28-2008, 06:01 PM
What's your PCM code (CRD1, MAV2, etc.) and gear ratio? Someone should have a tune you can reload your Predator with.

Spilner
07-28-2008, 06:08 PM
bmdo. And stock gear ratio as of now.

Local Boy
07-28-2008, 06:37 PM
HMMMM...

Sounds like you may have two different issues...

Particularly...Cause you should be push'in boost regardless of what tune it got....

If you spin up a Procharger...You make boost!!!...Period...

1. Tune issue...

2. mechanical issue...Lack of boost...

ALOHA

HwyCruiser
07-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Spilner check your pms.

If you're running the stock tune (which sounds like is the case) then the knock sensor is going to pull the reigns back pretty tightly. A dead giveaway to a tuning snafu is a 500 rpm idle - it should be right around 750 with the s/c tune.

Spilner
07-28-2008, 08:05 PM
THen that is what is wrong. ITs at 500. Good i am just gald i found the problem