PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from NC

E-man
07-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Hello all Marauder owners and fans!
Long time reader, first time poster!

I have owned my 03 Marauder now for almost a year, 11 months as of yesterday.
Best car ever made hands down. My previous car was a 91 Grand Marquis, another solid car but this is the Marauder after all. It's got the size of the Grand Marquis with the aggressive sport car look, feel and sound. Plus it is rare! :D

While looking around on the web for mods and advice I found this site and read posts ever since. I'm hoping to find the best bang for the buck to get a 6 second or less 0-60 time for a daily driver without the supercharger (given I have 67k on the clock as of yesterday). I'm not a mechanic nor do I have a ton of money but I would like to do some DIY mods on the car. (Thinking about a tune and a new air intake & spacer for starters).

Thanks for reading!

E-man

justbob
07-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Tune, cai, gears. is a good place to start and is budget minded. Enjoy..

sd8683
07-28-2008, 03:11 PM
3000 or 3500 stall converter will help to get you there too.

Welcome aboard!

fastblackmerc
07-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Welcome to the site. I'm in the Raleigh area. Keep an eye on the Carolina Marauders forum as we have a car show to attend in Wilmington in October. If you need help with any of your mods let me know. I do most of my own work.

jgc61sr2002
07-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Welcome to the MM site.:D

SC Cheesehead
07-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Welcome!

Like FBM said, there's a car show coming up the later part of October over in Wilmington. Good chance to show off you Marauder as well as meet up with some of the shady characters that own them.;)

Marauderman
07-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Welcome!

Good chance to show off you Marauder as well as meet up with some of the shady characters that own them.;)

There you go again........trying to persude a newbe using a slang word...shady, to influence him to think dark thoughts, like dark blue....it was gonna be next wasn't it!!!!!!!! to blend into the dark blue MM once again....it won't work--I caught you this time---.....I'm watchin' you-------try another way-----......:lol:

Marauderman
07-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Welcome!

Good chance to show off you Marauder as well as meet up with some of the shady characters that own them.;)

There you go again........trying to persude a newbe using a slang word...shady, to influence him to think dark thoughts, like dark blue....it was gonna be next wasn't it!!!!!!!! to blend into the dark blue MM once again....it won't work--I caught you this time---.....I'm watchin' you-------try another way-----......:lol:

.....and E-man----Welcome to the site..................and one more thing-----------SC Cheese will try and tell ya your screen name is alot like his sons nickname-------pay Cheese no mind-----.......

SC Cheesehead
07-30-2008, 09:19 AM

You, sir, have an extreme case of blue paranoia (all the same, I like how you think;)).

fastblackmerc
07-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Welcome!

Like FBM said, there's a car show coming up the later part of October over in Wilmington. Good chance to show off you Marauder as well as meet up with some of the shady characters that own them.;)

Hey! I resemble that remark!

SC Cheesehead
07-30-2008, 09:49 AM

Hey, just like an umpire, I calls 'em as I sees 'em.:lol:

Marauderman
07-30-2008, 03:28 PM
You, sir, have an extreme case of blue paranoia (all the same, I like how you think;)).

OK---as you can see--I am pulling your BLUE chain.....but All I get is BLACK......BACK!!!!....:lol:.. ...carry on........

Marauderman
07-30-2008, 03:31 PM
.....hummm.....even in his quote of you --he higlighted in REDLINE....yeah.....and that looks good on ................oh yeah....a BLACK Background...........now who has that I wonder.......carry on...........

E-man
07-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the welcomes!

I'll look into the car show this October and keep you guys posted if I end up going or not.

The marauder is black so I think I'll fit in.....nice and shady.... :cool:

vonirkinshtine
08-01-2008, 05:14 AM
If it gets too dark, I got a nice spotlight you can use, lol