PDA

View Full Version : n00b... and 1 question

QTRHRSE
07-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Hey guys, iim obviously new here and just wanted to check things out. I dont own a Marauder yet, but i plan on buying one over the winter/next spring.

It will be my first Panther car, but ive been in the modular game for a while now. Have done a 2V, 3V, and now building a Turbo 4V to swap in my 98 GT.

Now for my question... as far as options were concerned. I know the CD changer in the trunk, heated seats were options. I never see anything about a sunroof being an option even though ive seen a few pics of em with sunroofs, but mostly without. Was it just a hit or miss thing, rare option, yearly thing or what??

Thanks and its glad to be here, from looking around i should learn alot.

- Jerry

SC Cheesehead
07-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Hey guys, iim obviously new here and just wanted to check things out. I dont own a Marauder yet, but i plan on buying one over the winter/next spring.

It will be my first Panther car, but ive been in the modular game for a while now. Have done a 2V, 3V, and now building a Turbo 4V to swap in my 98 GT.

Now for my question... as far as options were concerned. I know the CD changer in the trunk, heated seats were options. I never see anything about a sunroof being an option even though ive seen a few pics of em with sunroofs, but mostly without. Was it just a hit or miss thing, rare option, yearly thing or what??

Thanks and its glad to be here, from looking around i should learn alot.

- Jerry

Jerry,

Welcome!

As to your sunroof question, '03's were aftermarket installations, usually through dealers, '04's were offered as a factory option, but I believe were done by an aftermarket contractor. Sunroofs are a pretty rare option, don't know the actual numbers, but what I've heard informally, they were less than 200.

QTRHRSE
07-30-2008, 09:17 AM
damn... lol
thanks man, findind one w/ a sunroof is gonna be a PITA

one more question - after this i'll use the search engine; what's a 300A and 300B?? is the A just an early 03 model or something?

SC Cheesehead
07-30-2008, 09:47 AM
damn... lol

one more question - after this i'll use the search engine; what's a 300A and 300B?? is the A just an early 03 model or something?

Yup.

Do a search to get all the info, although the high level difference is 300A = map pockets in seat fronts, dash clocks, no traction control, full-size spare.

300B = no map pockets, no dash clock, donut spare, have T/C.

However, there are also pre-decontented 300B's and a couple anomilies (such as the end-of-year 2003 cars) that have some of the 300A stuff...for example, I've got one of the last '03's produced, and mine has a full size spare.

BTW, the moonroofs ARE sweet, had one in my DTR and loved it.

fastblackmerc
07-30-2008, 12:03 PM
damn... lol

Start using the search engine.... that question has been asked/answered at least 11,052 times, one for for each Marauder sold.

Dragcity
07-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Welcome to the site and whole bunch of great folks...

Really, Less than 200 with the ported roof from the factory? Get out... My DTR is even rarer than I thought. There has to more than 200... If not, I am NOT driving mine in the winter anymore.

jgc61sr2002
07-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Welcome aboard.:D:welcome1:

justbob
07-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Welcome to the best d**n site period.

QTRHRSE
07-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Start using the search engine.... that question has been asked/answered at least 11,052 times, one for for each Marauder sold.

ye ai figured that... i was just being lazy.
and i even said id use the search engine from now on LMAO