PDA

View Full Version : Car Show Advice

OldFashRed
08-03-2008, 06:05 PM
My church is putting on a little show this weekend.

Its all for the glory of the Lord. Music and food for the family event.

Question.....how best to present my Silver 04. It is NOT a show quality vehicle as it has 75000 miles and quite a few small flaws. But I at least want it to represent us well and witness to a few folks.

I will hand detail, etc......but what literature should I have for folks to read about the car etc. Or is there a neat way to display the vehicles awesome points?

Thanks for any help.

cruzer
08-03-2008, 06:21 PM
The object of a car show is to have fun and let people know what a Marauder is. If you have any of the dealer brochures, posters, magazine articles--make a simple display--you can mount them on foam board from Wally World very inexpensively . If you don't have these--make a colorful data sheet on your computer and mount it with some pics thrown in. The car is so rare, people won't notice the mileage--just the judges--but who are they to say. You don't have to be fancy--just well informed. As you move on to higher show competition, then that's another story--it can get expensive, but it looks great. For now, relax, make something you're happy with and enjoy talking to people about the car. Good luck and have a ball, Maury

Aren Jay
08-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Quote my name alot. Church people love me.

oldekid
08-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Quote my name alot. Church people love me.That's diabolical. I love it.
:beer:

jdando
08-03-2008, 06:43 PM
It is just for fun.

If you have the time and energy. Wash the outside, clay bar the car, wash, then wax. Clean the engine, spray some armour all type product on the engine bay.

If you do not have the time and energy, clean the engine and wash the car. Smile, let your excitement for the car show.

GordonB
08-03-2008, 06:51 PM
OldFashRed,
I second what Cruzer/Maury said in his post. Plus, if you are the orig. owner, then dig out the window sticker, create some Signage using a computer, MS Word, double line borders around the list of your mods, list of std features, etc. In other words go hog wild, laminate some sigange, use foamcore board, etc. Did you get a Black Leather jacket with your car? Have FUN!
I'll email you some of my signage if you will PM me with your email address --- this should give you some ideas!
GordonB

TAKEDOWN
08-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Don't forget a folding chair & cooler with your favorite drinks inside.

justbob
08-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Just wash her and wax her, she's rare enough she'll sell herself to the crowd. I'm on my third ever car show in the last month and i took home Koolest Kar Award. P.S. This will get addicting.

justbob
08-03-2008, 06:59 PM
And also a tent and a MM.Net banner

TAKEDOWN
08-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Just wash her and wax her, she's rare enough she'll sell herself to the crowd. I'm on my third ever car show in the last month and i took home Koolest Kar Award. P.S. This will get addicting.

Bobs lucky Hawaiian shirt and foot long sandwich!