PDA

View Full Version : '04 Silver Birch for sale

Eric91Z
08-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Well, the time has come and I have decided to sell the Marauder. Long story short, I have a number of reasons to sell. Being a single parent looking to buy a house in the next year and wanting to focus more on doing things with my daughter, I have decided the Marauder will need to go. Plus, some of the things I want to do instead will require adding a SUV or truck of some kind and keeping the Marauder is not in the cards. I love the car and don't want to get rid of it, but it is the best option after looking at them all.

I am the second owner of this car. I purchased it in September of 2005 with just over 5,000 miles on it. The car now has a little over 47,000 miles - most of which are highway miles. The car is around a 9 out of 10 on the exterior and 10 of 10 on the interior. The car will come with a custom fit NOAH car cover. Car has always been taken care of with Zaino products.

Color: Silver Birch with Dark Charcoal interior
Build Date: 04/23/04
Warranty In-Service Date: 08/11/04
Build Sequence: #2703 or 3213 2004 Marauders
Color Build: #852 or 987 Silver Birch Marauders

Here is a run down of what the car has done to it and what comes with it:

Exterior:

- HID 8K bi-xenon headlights
- 15% tint on all windows except the windshield
- Ford "factory" rear spoiler
- S55 taillight and backup light treatment
- Bob White black Marauder decals on rear bumper
- ProGuard
- God's Head locking valve stem caps
- Red painted calipers front and rear
- Black painted rear brake rotor hats
- MercuryMarauder.net fuel fill bib
- MercuryMarauder.net rear bumper protector (folds out from the trunk area)

Interior:

- Marauder Concepts interior lighting kit
- Factory trunk organizer
- Factory CD changer
- UNGO 2-way Alarm/remote start with 1 2-way and 1 1-way remote

Performance/Engine:

- Red powder coated cam covers
- JLT CAI
- XCal2 with Lidio's 4.10 gear tunes for 91 and 93 octane
- Even Flow Cooling cooling kit
- Addco front and rear sway bars
- Metco upper and lower control arms (stock control arms available if wanted)
- Metco Watts Link (stock Watts Link available if wanted)
- Metco driveshaft safety loop
- Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers with stock tips extended about 1.5"
- 4.10 gears
- DTS rear end girdle
- New tires (front and rear) spring of 2007 with about 2500 miles on them
- Alignment set to "Carfixer's" spec in January 2007 before new tires installed

I think that is about it. I have plenty of pictures in my Gallery and can give more if need be. I do not have the title in hand as it is collateral on a loan, but can make appropriate arrangements and is held by national finance instatution when can be used to coordinate the sale if need be.

I really hate to see it go and hope it will go to someone that will care for it like I do which is why it is posted on here. Price is listed below.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. A For Sale sign is going in it when I take it to cruise nights, but other than that I am not actively pushing the sale of it right now beyond Forums and the For Sale sign.

Price: $17,500 or best offer.

Picture (more in my gallery):

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/gallery/files/1/1/9/Picture065.jpg

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/gallery/files/1/1/9/IMG_0035.jpg

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/gallery/files/1/1/9/Picture062.jpg

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/gallery/files/1/1/9/Picture067.jpg

Thanks.

Black_Noise
08-03-2008, 06:41 PM
that sucks so bad eric!

I can tell you people this car is awsome!! Its in suck great shape, after i saw his in person i almost thought about getting an SB.

Eric91Z
08-03-2008, 06:46 PM
that sucks so bad eric!

I can tell you people this car is awsome!! Its in suck great shape, after i saw his in person i almost thought about getting an SB.

I will still be around and hit the cruise nights and other get togethers, it will just be in the CVPI for now...

oldekid
08-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Eric, as much as I love my Marauder, I appreciate your willingness to give yours up for your situation and your family.

I know it would be hard for me to do that, but I would if I had to.

I admire what you are doing, and wish you the very best.

Take care,

John

offroadkarter
08-03-2008, 07:49 PM
D@mn huge bummer man :( Your car is beautiful, i hope it goes to a good home.

Eric91Z
08-04-2008, 05:30 AM
Yeah, it sucks to be doing this and I, too, hope it goes to a good home. But I just need to remind myself that in the end it is still "just a car". A darn nice car, but just a car. My daughter's up bringing and memories of our time spent together and the things we do is more important .

Eric91Z
08-04-2008, 05:36 AM
In my original post I forgot to list that it has an UNGO (DEI owned) 2-way alarm/remote start. It has 2 fobs: 1 2-way and 1 1-way fob for it.

DJCV
08-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Eric, as much as I love my Marauder, I appreciate your willingness to give yours up for your situation and your family.

I know it would be hard for me to do that, but I would if I had to.

I admire what you are doing, and wish you the very best.

Take care,

John

I second this sentiment.

As much as any of us loves his car, and as much as we may have customized it to look, drive, sound and feel the way we always wanted, you can always get another car.

Good luck!

Eric91Z
08-07-2008, 07:50 AM
Something else I thought of. The car just had an oil change probably less then 200 miles ago and the tranny fluid flushed, again, in April 2008. Rear end fluid was new in April 2007 when the gear install was done.

Aren Jay
08-17-2008, 01:21 AM
How can it go from forward to reverse at slow speed?

Does it have heated seats?

Good luck with the sale.

Eric91Z
08-27-2008, 06:26 AM
Random bump...

HotRodMercury
08-29-2008, 12:36 AM
I lowerd my rauder to 16000 same miles and year as you,
not sure's if yours a 04 but when I did this,

im not sure if you'v seen but thay all went psycho lol,
your car is nice with the right advertise'ment it will sell,
Im stickin mines in auto trader next week, good luck and godbless.

if any body mochs your price dont pay att :rolleyes:
thay can give ther cars away and loose money thats ther problem.

Eric91Z
08-29-2008, 04:11 AM
I lowerd my rauder to 16000 same miles and year as you,
not sure's if yours a 04 but when I did this,

im not sure if you'v seen but thay all went psycho lol,
your car is nice with the right advertise'ment it will sell,
Im stickin mines in auto trader next week, good luck and godbless.

if any body mochs your price dont pay att :rolleyes:
thay can give ther cars away and loose money thats ther problem.

Yeah, I really could care less what people think about where I have it priced. No reason the market on these cars needs to bottom out. I think a lot of people selling have dropped their prices just to get rid of the car. I am not in the big of a hurry. If someone cames along with a decent offer I will sell it, if not I will sit on it until the spring and push again when people are looking to buy...

HotRodMercury
08-29-2008, 04:37 AM
Right, if some one offers you around 15-16,
not to bad if you get that much you dint loose,
at all figure in a year or two you can by another,
marauder for same price or less?,

thats what I had plans to do I love this car but thats life,
gota do what you gota bro, i figure i can always buy
another one, more now i notice i see more marauders,

on the road then i did a year ago so ther out ther,
figure being apart from the marauder is only temporary,

im sure the next one will be just as nice or nicer:),
good luck and godbless.

This is for the people who are geting upset reading this post, yes we will get that much for our cars,
and why cause thay are nice ride's not every one wants a marauder thats cheap and looks like crap,
your price will speak for the car's condtion...

thePunisher
08-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I really could care less what people think about where I have it priced. No reason the market on these cars needs to bottom out. I think a lot of people selling have dropped their prices just to get rid of the car. I am not in the big of a hurry. If someone cames along with a decent offer I will sell it, if not I will sit on it until the spring and push again when people are looking to buy...

i feel exactly the same about mine....good luck with the sale!

jgc61sr2002
08-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Eric - Good luck with the sale.

Eric91Z
10-08-2008, 04:09 AM
Bump for the heck of it.

Eric91Z
10-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Well, got the car back from some work on it today. Had a "pre-winter storage oil change" done, new battery put in, and the "thunk" noise resolved. A number of bolts on the rear control arms were loose! Some more so than others. Make sense since the noise started after those were installed and has gotten gradually worse since then - i.e.: bolts loosening even more.

They tightened those and checked and tighted everything else on the suspension and no more noises, creaks, or thunks when driving it. That does make me feel better.

Who knows what next year will bring. I am not a motivated seller, not looking to drop the price, and not going to take a low ball offer. So who knows. Maybe something will happen between now and next year that will let me keep the car! It has been fun to drive the last 2 days and will be driving again tomrrow since the CVPI is in for some work...

Vortech347
10-15-2008, 10:59 PM
HAH I had that same issue in my 03 with the control arm bolts. First thing I did when I got the 04' home was to check them. Sure enough one was a hair loose. I came damn close to buying your ride. Good luck with the sale.

Eric91Z
10-16-2008, 06:26 AM
HAH I had that same issue in my 03 with the control arm bolts. First thing I did when I got the 04' home was to check them. Sure enough one was a hair loose. I came damn close to buying your ride. Good luck with the sale.

Yeah, I think I will get it out and drive it some more today before I wash it and park it again. Kind of filthy right now as it actually got rained on yesterday and Tuesday. But supposed to be sunny and high 50's all day today. Perfect day for the Marauder!

BODYMAN
10-18-2008, 10:40 AM
is she still for sale if so send me a pm I have some interest,.

TODD

hot-rauder
10-18-2008, 03:57 PM
i love your car Eric.... make me want a SB even more now. Best of luck to you!

ImpalaSlayer
10-18-2008, 04:29 PM
buy it adam
no crotch fire :flame:

Eric91Z
10-18-2008, 05:36 PM
i love your car Eric.... make me want a SB even more now. Best of luck to you!

Thanks! It will sell when the time is right.

a_d_a_m
10-19-2008, 07:02 PM
very nice car, and in 2 years i will be looking for a silver MM...this one is basically THE CAR for me, but unfortunately i'm still paying on my '02 MGM.

if you still have it in two years, i will buy it :D

Eric91Z
10-20-2008, 06:07 AM
very nice car, and in 2 years i will be looking for a silver MM...this one is basically THE CAR for me, but unfortunately i'm still paying on my '02 MGM.

if you still have it in two years, i will buy it :D

Thanks. Who knows, maybe it will still be for sale at that time...

steve fox
10-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Eric, I want to talk to you about your MM. Email to cnc_mills@hotmail.com. I will reply to you with my tx. Best Regards Steve

steve fox
10-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Eric, Email is; cnc_mills@hotmail.com

steve fox
10-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Eric, The system twice underlined the email address I posted which obscures the _ between cnc and mills. I hope this is clear. Steve

Eric91Z
10-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Email sent.

Eric91Z
12-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Just bumping for a Chistmas Present reminder... ;)

stryker
12-03-2008, 09:16 PM
!Hah! another one who does not put pics, !HEEEEYYYY ALLL SELLERS! if you want to sell your Panther post pics that is a great booster to increase your posibilities.

STRYKER:burnout:

Black_Noise
12-03-2008, 09:29 PM
he has pics, plus its NICE!!

and i dont think hes a "motivated seller"

Eric91Z
12-04-2008, 04:56 AM
!Hah! another one who does not put pics, !HEEEEYYYY ALLL SELLERS! if you want to sell your Panther post pics that is a great booster to increase your posibilities.

STRYKER:burnout:

Not exactly sure the reason on this post right here. If you would read the entire thread - including page 1 and the very first post in this thread - you would see there ARE pictures and it notes there are more in my gallery.

Eric91Z
01-28-2009, 07:18 AM
Just a friendly bump for the new year. Spring is coming folks...

Spectragod
01-28-2009, 07:28 AM
That is one gorgeous car, I would love to have it next to the DTR, but, I would have to live in one of them, the wife would kick me out of the house if I buy another car without telling her first. :D

tjg442
01-28-2009, 07:58 AM
sorry to see this, priorites first !!!
eric, freind of mine sells specialty cars on "cars.com". Lot of "new jersey" buyers who ship overseas follow this site. Your car quailifies, without question !! God bless, and hope everything works out for you and your family....:)

tjg442
01-28-2009, 08:05 AM
That is one gorgeous car, I would love to have it next to the DTR, but, I would have to live in one of them, the wife would kick me out of the house if I buy another car without telling her first. :D

Mine saw this before me, she's been looking for a nice SM, and that look in her eye was frightning. Time not right for now, she will have to wait to park one alongside my DTR also..:bows:

stryker
01-28-2009, 08:53 AM
Not exactly sure the reason on this post right here. If you would read the entire thread - including page 1 and the very first post in this thread - you would see there ARE pictures and it notes there are more in my gallery.:) Ok Eric i will check your Gallery, so sad to see other important member who has to say Goodbye to his Panther but as one of the members say to me the time has come to look for a MM Panther so I start the search here.

STRYKER. :burnout:

stormtroopin'
02-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Eric, I too had to sell my Marauder. We traded for an '03 Expedition to meet our family 6 seat requirement. It was great to meet you at TriState and race 'em. You've got a great car...hope you find it a good home! Ben

Eric91Z
02-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Eric, I too had to sell my Marauder. We traded for an '03 Expedition to meet our family 6 seat requirement. It was great to meet you at TriState and race 'em. You've got a great car...hope you find it a good home! Ben

Hey, long time no talk! Good to hear from you. I guess, ultimately, they are just cars and you have to set your priorities. There will be another "fun" car some time in the future...

TAKEDOWN
02-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Nice car, responsibilities come 1st... LOL, but I hope you never sell your car so you get to keep it!

stryker
02-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Well, the time has come and I have decided to sell the Marauder. Long story short, I have a number of reasons to sell. Being a single parent looking to buy a house in the next year and wanting to focus more on doing things with my daughter, I have decided the Marauder will need to go. Plus, some of the things I want to do instead will require adding a SUV or truck of some kind and keeping the Marauder is not in the cards. I love the car and don't want to get rid of it, but it is the best option after looking at them all.

I am the second owner of this car. I purchased it in September of 2005 with just over 5,000 miles on it. The car now has a little over 47,000 miles - most of which are highway miles. The car is around a 9 out of 10 on the exterior and 10 of 10 on the interior. The car will come with a custom fit NOAH car cover. Car has always been taken care of with Zaino products.

Exterior:

- ProGuard

Interior:

- Factory CD changer

Performance/Engine:

- JLT CAI
- 4.10 gears
- DTS rear end girdle

I think that is about it. I have plenty of pictures in my Gallery and can give more if need be. I do not have the title in hand as it is collateral on a loan, but can make appropriate arrangements and is held by national finance instatution when can be used to coordinate the sale if need be.

I really hate to see it go and hope it will go to someone that will care for it like I do which is why it is posted on here. Price is listed below.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. A For Sale sign is going in it when I take it to cruise nights, but other than that I am not actively pushing the sale of it right now beyond Forums and the For Sale sign.

Price: $19,000 or best offer.

Picture (more in my gallery):

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/gallery/files/1/1/9/Picture065.jpg

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/gallery/files/1/1/9/IMG_0035.jpg

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/gallery/files/1/1/9/Picture062.jpg

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/gallery/files/1/1/9/Picture067.jpg

Thanks.:bows: ERIC91Z I have to tell you two things. First, I apologize with you when I said that you have not post pics i think I don't see in detail the thread. Second, ARE YOU CRAZY ? you have a hell of a M-Panther grey and extrememely cared !!ups!! I forgot i'm looking for a M-Panther i hope i won the lottery if it is done i will go personally to buy it and bring it to Puerto Rico.

stryker
02-07-2009, 11:14 PM
:confused: How fast the Panther run the 1/4 mille ? i mean if your Panther has been in a race track ? :burnout:

Eric91Z
02-08-2009, 10:51 AM
:confused: How fast the Panther run the 1/4 mille ? i mean if your Panther has been in a race track ? :burnout:

It has been on the track once. It ran around 14.7's at 96 mph with CAI intake and tune only. Since then has had the 4.10 gears installed and all of the suspension pieces. Have not been back to the track since.

bobsawyer7
02-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Hey, long time no talk! Good to hear from you. I guess, ultimately, they are just cars and you have to set your priorities. There will be another "fun" car some time in the future...

Good perspective. I never thought I'd have another "fun" car like my '68 Olds 442 but, here it is 35 years later and I have a Marauder. The Marauders' not the same but, I'm having just as much fun.

Eric91Z
02-17-2009, 12:00 PM
New Price: $17,500

stryker
02-18-2009, 12:13 PM
New Price: $17,500:shake: ERIC that is not a new price you posted that price in your fisrt post.

imorb1994
02-18-2009, 12:17 PM
:shake: ERIC that is not a new price you posted that price in your fisrt post.
Stryker look at the bottom of his first post and see when it was edited.

Last edited by Eric91Z; 02-17-2009 at 11:59 AM.

stryker
02-18-2009, 12:19 PM

Exterior:

- ProGuard

Interior:

- Factory CD changer

Performance/Engine:

- JLT CAI
- 4.10 gears
- DTS rear end girdle

Price: $17,500 or best offer.Thanks. Were is new price here I think that what you change is that you change to $ 17.500.00 Firm.

bigmerc2003
02-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Look at the spot were it says last edited???? He owns the car and made the post I think he knows if it is a new price or not :laugh:

Eric91Z
02-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Were is new price here I think that what you change is that you change to $ 17.500.00 Firm.

The price in the original post was still the $19,000

As noted by a post above yours, you can see at the bottom of that very first post when I last edited it. So, when I added not only the new post near the end of the thread with the new price, I also updated the initial post with the price so that anyone just starting to read the thread does not have to get to one of the last posts to see the current price...

stryker
02-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Stryker look at the bottom of his first post and see when it was edited.

Last edited by Eric91Z; 02-17-2009 at 11:59 AM. IMORB1994 I see the edit !BUT! do not specify the reason for it.

Eric91Z
02-18-2009, 12:28 PM
IMORB1994 I see the edit !BUT! do not specify the reason for it.

Really shouldn't be this big of a deal. I made a new post in the thread at 1:00pm Central Time stating the new price. 1 minute before (12:59pm Central Time) I updated the original post with the new price. That is all there is to it.

The current price is listed as $17,500 - that is the new price.

stryker
02-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Either way $19.000.00 or $17.500.00 is one of the most clean,beauty,nice and well cared Marauders in this forum. :cool:

Eric91Z
02-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Either way $19.000.00 or $17.500.00 is one of the most clean,beauty,nice and well cared Marauders in this forum. :cool:

Thanks man. I appreciate the comments. It has been sitting in the garage, under the car cover since last October. I am really hoping for a little nice weather for a chance to driver her before a seller comes along... Crappy Iowa winters...

stryker
02-18-2009, 12:38 PM
ERIC, if I hit the lotto this week, I will go personally to buy it and bring it to P.R. and start my campaign of terror to the crap sport compacts !HE HE HE HEEEEE!

stryker
02-18-2009, 12:42 PM
:rolleyes: And as I know here in P.R. are just a few Grey Marauders less than the Black ones .

bigmerc2003
02-18-2009, 12:45 PM
:rolleyes: And as I know here in P.R. are just a few Grey Marauders less than the Black ones .

Silver, SILVER!!! There is Black Blue Silver and DTR (not maroon)

Grey :shake:

Eric91Z
04-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Sold as of 04/17/09!

ImpalaSlayer
04-18-2009, 09:09 PM
grats man, is the new owner a member? you get the 17.50 you wanted?

Eric91Z
04-18-2009, 09:21 PM
grats man, is the new owner a member? you get the 17.50 you wanted?

He knows of the site, but not sure if he is a member.

Sold for $16,500.

stormtroopin'
04-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Congrats Eric. There will be a lot of fun cars to come. My latest lost dog is an '83 Tbird.:burnout:

Eric91Z
04-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Congrats Eric. There will be a lot of fun cars to come. My latest lost dog is an '83 Tbird.:burnout:

Thanks. I am not sure what the next one will be. First priority is to get debt free then it is house hunting time. I am thinking next time it might be something a little smaller, manual transmission, that I can have a little AutoX fun with, but still drive and enjoy on the street now and then.

Who knows...

offroadkarter
04-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Congrats on the sale Eric, hope you have another fantastic marauder sometime in your future

jgc61sr2002
04-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Eric - Congrats on the sale.

JUST 1BULLITT
04-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Way to go! CONGRATS! FINALLY! (You sure had to pay your dues on the time to sell it; not fun for you I'm sure but good to know it's going to a good home and maybe we'll get a new member out of it all.)

Now, if somebody would check into buying my Escalade ESV off of here i'd be jumping for joy. (Though in reality we all HATE selling our toys!!)

Take care, congrats again and Happy House Hunting! :banana2: