PDA

View Full Version : Techies - I need an old Abit motherboard (KG7 RAID)

Breadfan
08-07-2008, 08:33 AM
All,

I know it's a longshot but hey you never know...I'm looking for an Abit KG7-RAID motherboard. This is a Socket A (AMD) board with AMD 761 chipset and Promise ATA RAID onboard.

I have an old computer with this board and several OS'es on it. The board is going south and I do NOT want to deal with installing new disk controller drivers or breaking RAID by putting a different board in.

I'm hoping to find a used identical board and simply swap it out.

Abit KG7-RAID - figure there's some floating around in people storage closets. :)

I checked Ebay last night and have an open want ad on a tech forum but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask around here too.

offroadkarter
08-11-2008, 01:04 PM
I have an ABIT KA7-100 if its any interest to you

dohc324ci
08-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Try pricewatch.com

Breadfan
08-11-2008, 01:28 PM
I have an ABIT KA7-100 if its any interest to you

Appreciate it! But, if the disk controllers differ it'd be a pain. The KG7 is an AMD 761 chipset but I think the controllers are VIA based (it has a via southbridge) and the RAID is onboard Promise ATA 100.

Thanks though!

I'll try to check a few other resources. If I don't find one, this system may just get upgraded.

offroadkarter
08-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Appreciate it! But, if the disk controllers differ it'd be a pain. The KG7 is an AMD 761 chipset but I think the controllers are VIA based (it has a via southbridge) and the RAID is onboard Promise ATA 100.

Thanks though!

I'll try to check a few other resources. If I don't find one, this system may just get upgraded.

I have a buttload of old MB's ill look thru what i have later tonite.

Actually i have a buttload of misc old computer parts to ;)

Breadfan
08-11-2008, 02:03 PM
I have a buttload of old MB's ill look thru what i have later tonite.

Actually i have a buttload of misc old computer parts to ;)

LOL same here so if you need a trade lemme know, I will trade you 20 Pentium100 CPU's for a board. ;) j/k but some of my stuff is starting to feel "vintage"

CRUZTAKER
08-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Ohhh Stevo.....

Killjoy might know.

ImpalaSlayer
08-11-2008, 02:18 PM
i thought Steve did network stuff?

KillJoy
08-11-2008, 02:59 PM
i thought Steve did network stuff?

I do a little of EVERYTHING ;)

There is one board on EBay from the UK. Nada from several other sources.

That is just a low production / old board to have laying around.

KillJoy