PDA

View Full Version : 03 GT for a marauder......

DanDaMan
08-07-2008, 08:50 PM
I am looking to trade my silver 03 GT for a marauder.... I still owe on it but its worth more than i owe. It has about 48k on it right now. Mileage on the marauder are not a big deal for me. The higher the mileage the better of a deal we can work out!!! Let me know what you got and we can disuss details and more about the car!! Thanks, Dan.

bigmerc'03
08-07-2008, 10:27 PM
:hotrice::laugh:
I am looking to trade my silver 03 GT for a marauder.... I still owe on it but its worth more than i owe. It has about 48k on it right now. Mileage on the marauder are not a big deal for me. The higher the mileage the better of a deal we can work out!!! Let me know what you got and we can disuss details and more about the car!! Thanks, Dan.

sd8683
08-07-2008, 10:48 PM
:hotrice::laugh:

Ya can't blame the guy for trying

DanDaMan
08-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Well i seen a post on here wwhere a guy with a marauder said he would trade for a mustang?!?!

sd8683
08-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Hey man, ya never know, good luck on finding a Marauder to love:)

freakstatus
08-08-2008, 09:23 AM
2003 GT...No.

2003 Cobra....Hmmm??....Naw, couldn't do it. Good luck though.

Bradley G
08-08-2008, 09:57 AM
PM sent....

TiTo35
08-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Another guy wants to trade his towncar for a Marauder... :dunno:

Breadfan
08-08-2008, 10:09 AM
2003 GT...No.

2003 Cobra....Hmmm??....Naw, couldn't do it. Good luck though.

Probably somewhere in the middle, is Marauder...

Cobra's are retaining value much better than Marauders. Regular GT Mustangs are not big relase holders, of course, neither are Marauders so far...

I think it'd help if you were to list what you would sell the Mustang for if you sold it. That way you know what value of Marauder you are looking for. If you know it's worth more than you owe, you maybe have a ballpark?

BTW I'm not looking to trade mine. ;)

94_302
08-08-2008, 05:40 PM
You don't have to knock him for trying. I would trade my Marauder for the right 01 Bullitt but there are two many variables to consider in a trade, it's usually easier to just sell one car buy the other.

hot-rauder
08-08-2008, 07:26 PM
pics please... PM me your info on the car please

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-12-2008, 04:59 AM
I don't know, I'm just crazy enough that I would probably go for something like this on the right day. LOL. Way too friekin far away though. Is the car manual or auto?

DanDaMan
08-12-2008, 11:58 AM
I don't know, I'm just crazy enough that I would probably go for something like this on the right day. LOL. Way too friekin far away though. Is the car manual or auto?

The car is manual!! Maybe we can meet halfway?!?!

Eric-Blk2004
08-20-2008, 10:51 AM
I would post pics and give more details about the car...

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Yeah you're right about the cobra aspect, after I thought about it. I would take an equivalent mileage 01 Cobra, as a straight up trade for my MM. The GT I don't think would do it..... My dad has an 01 Cobra with a little over 5,000 miles on it and that is a great car.

DanDaMan
08-20-2008, 02:47 PM
The only difference between the GT and the Cobra is the motor. I have driven both and the only difference is the motor. They are both great cars. I have seen 2v GT's do just as good as the Cobra... But everyone has their own opinions.........

freakstatus
08-20-2008, 11:14 PM
It would have to be an 03 or 04 Cobra for me (supercharged).

Shora
08-22-2008, 05:39 PM
The only difference between the GT and the Cobra is the motor. I have driven both and the only difference is the motor. They are both great cars. I have seen 2v GT's do just as good as the Cobra... But everyone has their own opinions.........

I don't know squat about Stangs but I thought that the Cobras had a different rear suspension (read independent) than the GTs.

I cannot imagine that they don't have different gearing in the tranny, different shocks, different exhaust etc. If one were to add up all the changes, I bet that there are more differences between it (Cobra) and the GT than there are between the Marauder and the CV or MGM and believe me, I have both, they feel like totally different animals.

Just my 2 C.

DanDaMan
08-22-2008, 05:48 PM
I don't know squat about Stangs but I thought that the Cobras had a different rear suspension (read independent) than the GTs.

I cannot imagine that they don't have different gearing in the tranny, different shocks, different exhaust etc. If one were to add up all the changes, I bet that there are more differences between it (Cobra) and the GT than there are between the Marauder and the CV or MGM and believe me, I have both, they feel like totally different animals.

Just my 2 C.

Yes the rear ends are different. For 1/4 mile racing the cobra rear ends actually suck....i have seen tons of them blow up literaly at the track....gears and fluid everywhere!! Alot of cobra guys swap out those rearends right away for a GT one?! But for handling they might be better?! And the 03-04 cobras are factory supercharged!!! I actually racced a 01 cobra with my 2v GT with minor bolt on's and walked it pretty nasty?! The guy didnt beilieve that the car was pretty much stock?!

sd8683
08-22-2008, 05:51 PM
And what are those minor bolt on mods??

DanDaMan
08-22-2008, 09:20 PM
And what are those minor bolt on mods??

U know....the usual!? Gears....CAI....full exhaust. Nothing special!! And some eiabch springs foor looks....:coolman: And it probably helps that i know how to drive it as well!!! I know a couple of guys who have everything i have plus headers....throtle bpdy and plenum going 12.60-12.80's!? But nobody gives 2v's a chance. Its always cobra this....mach 1 that!? I personaly love my GT but need something with 4 doors but is still peppy!!!

my_rodder
08-25-2008, 02:52 PM
I have a lot of bolt ons on my GT and I put the IRS out of an 03 cobra handles much better. I can take off ramps at 70 mph and thats where my body quits (my guts start to slide). Also just had a buddy pick up a Cobra and I think I could take him:). Another friend got a 2004 Cobra, I dont plan on messing with her.
I have 2 or 3 turbos in the garage that I am pushing for the mustang. Just have to talk my hubbie into plumbing them in to the GT. He rebuilds turbos and superchargers at work.:D Not the only reason I married him

hot-rauder
08-25-2008, 02:57 PM
[quote=DanDaMan;650300]\. Its always cobra this....mach 1 that!?quote]

thats cause Mach1"s and Cobra's are nicer than GTs. Period. looks are different and the feel is different. when my girlfriend traded her 02 GT for her 04 MAch1.... it is not even comparable. seats are better, car feels more stabel and huigs the road beter... handling is twice as tight and responsive.

best part.... its not a souped up GT. saves the hassel of modding and breaking things and replacing things which in turn equal more $$$ out the door.

DanDaMan
08-25-2008, 07:28 PM

thats cause Mach1"s and Cobra's are nicer than GTs. Period. looks are different and the feel is different. when my girlfriend traded her 02 GT for her 04 MAch1.... it is not even comparable. seats are better, car feels more stabel and huigs the road beter... handling is twice as tight and responsive.

best part.... its not a souped up GT. saves the hassel of modding and breaking things and replacing things which in turn equal more $$$ out the door.

Seats in the MACH 1 are not that much different...besides design?! And as for stable and handling....nothing a pair of aftermarket springs wont fix or even swapping in some MACH 1 springs!? I have a buddy who had a mach 1 and did the bolt ons and i stayed right next to him!! Maybe i have a factory freak car?! But i do like MACH 1's more than the cobras!!

Shora
08-25-2008, 07:56 PM
[quote=hot-rauder;651196] But i do like MACH 1's more than the cobras!!

Just not as much as you like your GT.

If I was you, I would keep it. Never, and I mean NEVER, did I hear of one who loves his GT so much when comparing it to (what many believe) to be actually far superior and better designed and built cars.

If you need a bigger car for the family, just save up a few pennies and buy a used Grand Marq. to use "with them" and you get to keep the GT that keeps up with everything.

Honestly, I am not trying to insult you in anyway. I do think that you really believe (if not love) your GT and will miss it should you sell it.

By the Grand Marq. It will get the job done son.

my_rodder
08-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Doesn't it come down to having a choice? I love my GT:D. If we all drove the same thing it would be lame?
P.S. Now you know 2 people who love there GT's that much:P.

DanDaMan
08-25-2008, 10:24 PM
[quote=DanDaMan;651298]

Just not as much as you like your GT.

If I was you, I would keep it. Never, and I mean NEVER, did I hear of one who loves his GT so much when comparing it to (what many believe) to be actually far superior and better designed and built cars.

If you need a bigger car for the family, just save up a few pennies and buy a used Grand Marq. to use "with them" and you get to keep the GT that keeps up with everything.

Honestly, I am not trying to insult you in anyway. I do think that you really believe (if not love) your GT and will miss it should you sell it.

By the Grand Marq. It will get the job done son.

I do love my GT. No one gives the 2v's any credit....they are the under dog that impresses me!! Like i said before.....i have seen these thing go mid 12's with jus minor bolt on's...and thats N/A...not supercharged like the cobras!!! But if i do get rid of my baby.....a MACH 1 will be in the future!!! I want marauder becasue the GT does get me in trouble as well!! So with the marauder i keep the performance....but with 4 doors!!!

Shora
08-25-2008, 10:42 PM
[quote=Shora;651314] I want marauder becasue the GT does get me in trouble as well!! So with the marauder i keep the performance....but with 4 doors!!!

The Marauder will get you in the same trouble (if not more so) because they are easily modded and "you" wouldn't be able to control yourself showing others what a 4400 pound beast can do. You will be so tempted to prove what an underdog (heavy sedan) can do.

The truth, you want a Marauder because they are badass and for no other reason.

Sounds good to me.:beer:

Rocknthehawk
08-25-2008, 10:52 PM

Adam, are you drunk? Slow down on mashing the keys. :lol:

DanDaMan
08-25-2008, 11:50 PM
The truth, you want a Marauder because they are badass and for no other reason.

Sounds good to me.:beer:
Yeah....your rite!! :drive:

Eric-Blk2004
08-26-2008, 11:16 AM
I am not sure how a 2V GT with exhaust, intakes, and mild porting of the manifold gets to 12 anything. When stock cobras run 13s and the their put them in low 12s.

2V is an underdog because its out performed by the 4v seriously doubt Ford screwed up the 4v so much that a simple bolt on a 2v makes it faster or as fast with a 4v with the same mods.

DanDaMan
08-26-2008, 12:47 PM
I am not sure how a 2V GT with exhaust, intakes, and mild porting of the manifold gets to 12 anything. When stock cobras run 13s and the their put them in low 12s.

2V is an underdog because its out performed by the 4v seriously doubt Ford screwed up the 4v so much that a simple bolt on a 2v makes it faster or as fast with a 4v with the same mods.

well there are two guys so far in the 12's with 2v N/A mustangs. They have header, gears, full exhaust, CAI, afttermarket upper and lower and a tune and they are running 12.60's i believe abd the other is 12.80's?! Look on svtperformance. They are on there!! Here is a thread with a video and both guy talk about there cars....i think they both have cams to!??

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463407

hot-rauder
08-26-2008, 01:55 PM
[quote=hot-rauder;651196]

Adam, are you drunk? Slow down on mashing the keys. :lol:

sorry darn laptops are hard to type on...

and the seats in the mach1s have far better bolsters and hug you more. the GT has flat bucket seats that you slide in.

Raudermaster
08-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Any year GT with $1k in mods will get you mid 12's at best. $1k in mods on an '03/04 Cobra will get you mid 11's, hell, $500 bucks will get you to the 11's.

DanDaMan
08-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Any year GT with $1k in mods will get you mid 12's at best. $1k in mods on an '03/04 Cobra will get you mid 11's, hell, $500 bucks will get you to the 11's.

Really?! I actually raced a cobra with the same bolt on's at the track.....and he actually blew his rear end?! So''''it will nedd more than a $1k to do that!! Those rear ends are garbage for quarter mile times!! I have even seen stock cobras blow there rear ends.......seems alot more expensive then you think!! I could actually throw some spray on my car and get into the 11's and still never break my rear end!?!?!

Darkside
08-27-2008, 02:46 PM
Really?! I actually raced a cobra with the same bolt on's at the track.....and he actually blew his rear end?! So''''it will nedd more than a $1k to do that!! Those rear ends are garbage for quarter mile times!! I have even seen stock cobras blow there rear ends.......seems alot more expensive then you think!! I could actually throw some spray on my car and get into the 11's and still never break my rear end!?!?!

I appreciate that you're trying to sell your car, but enough with the Gt superior talk. I own both and there is no comparison between the two. I could baby my Cobra and granny shift and still have 10 car lengths on your Gt. My rearend is just fine as well.

hot-rauder
08-27-2008, 03:17 PM
I appreciate that you're trying to sell your car, but enough with the Gt superior talk. I own both and there is no comparison between the two. I could baby my Cobra and granny shift and still have 10 car lengths on your Gt. My rearend is just fine as well.

thank you.

DanDaMan
08-27-2008, 04:01 PM
No superior talk her.....i know from seeing cobras break. That is why most cobra guys swap out there rear ends!!

hot-rauder
09-01-2008, 09:50 AM
No superior talk her.....i know from seeing cobras break. That is why most cobra guys swap out there rear ends!!

but yet you still say that your as fast and what not?