PDA

View Full Version : Control Arms V 2.0

Drewstang
08-08-2008, 08:20 PM
I finally got some time to start the install of the Control Arms for the Marauder I had a local fabricator make for me. The rear suspension on this car is a pain compared to Mustangs that I'm used to, the axle wants to move 3 different directions when you unbolt the control arms. Just this one side took 2 hours. Hopefully, the driver's side will go faster now that I know to unbolt everything but the Watt's Link. This guy has a jig made up and can create more if interested. PM me for the details. Anyways, here's some pics:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/Drewstang/03%20Marauder/HustlerMSCAs.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/Drewstang/03%20Marauder/Maraudercontrolarms.jpg

J D
08-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Looks good :up:

And I wonder how they compare to the Zack and Mac CAs, and if they can be powder coated black. If the can and are as good or better I'd like a set for mine

Drewstang
08-08-2008, 08:45 PM
They are exactly the same length as the stock arms, they use the stock bushings, and they can be coated any color one would want as long as we have a big enough order. He has a powercoating oven and said he would need 10 sets to even fire the oven up. Its on a 3 phase electric system.

J D
08-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Interesting, maybe a thread in the community forum would be in order?

And also when I say compared to the Z&Ms I recall the upper arm having a tapered end where its somewhat flatted out, do yours do the same, and how much would I, and others be looking at for some black powdercoated sets?

also, ya use a little WD 40 on the upper arm for removal eh?

Drewstang
08-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Maybe, I think I need to be a contributor or something before I can make an offical for sale thread.

The arms I have are completely tubular, the stock bushings are pressed into them. They are not tapered at all. I took him a set of stock control arms and told him to make them tubular. He can do adjustable if need be. Pricing is around $250 plus shipping. He will need a set of stock bushings or you can have yours pressed out and installed once you receive the new C/A's.

Yeah, my old stuff was a little hard to remove other than the one arm that was replaced and someone used anti-seeze on. :D

Zack
08-09-2008, 05:47 AM
Hey Andrew, you have my Vote and blessings for this project.

They look simple, yet functional like ours were.

And the price is incredible!

Congrats, and you're welcome for the Anti-Seize :up:

magindat
08-09-2008, 06:35 AM
Maybe, I think I need to be a contributor or something before I can make an offical for sale thread.

The arms I have are completely tubular, the stock bushings are pressed into them. They are not tapered at all. I took him a set of stock control arms and told him to make them tubular. He can do adjustable if need be. Pricing is around $250 plus shipping. He will need a set of stock bushings or you can have yours pressed out and installed once you receive the new C/A's.

Yeah, my old stuff was a little hard to remove other than the one arm that was replaced and someone used anti-seeze on. :D

Drew, just donate as a member and do a 'hobby' buy. A few of us have done so AND you have the blessing of the original vendor. If you're REALLY concerned send a PM to Mary and she'll give you an answer real quick like.

Drewstang
08-10-2008, 04:11 PM
What is Mary's username so I can get this going. It seems like there might be enough interest to do a run of 10.

sd8683
08-10-2008, 04:17 PM
MM03MOK is Mary's user ID

ImpalaSlayer
08-10-2008, 06:03 PM
if it goes through make sure you get some sd8683 along with the sway bars, youll thank me

sd8683
08-10-2008, 06:08 PM
if it goes through make sure you get some sd8683 along with the sway bars, youll thank me

Are they an upgrade from stock? What would I expect for gains.

And my name is Sean btw:)

ImpalaSlayer
08-10-2008, 06:17 PM
i knew whatyour name was just didnt know how you spelled it. the CA's will help with launches i know, and the differences in the swaybars is night and day. plus all 3 components are easy to install.

Dave

finster101
08-10-2008, 06:24 PM

Are you or anyone else interested is getting rid of the stock control arms?

sd8683
08-10-2008, 06:31 PM
i knew whatyour name was just didnt know how you spelled it. the CA's will help with launches i know, and the differences in the swaybars is night and day. plus all 3 components are easy to install.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I'll have to give it some serious thought, I have some things to do first, like brakes, and the kooks headers that are just sitting around collecting
Dust:(

ImpalaSlayer
08-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks Dave, I'll have to give it some serious thought, I have some things to do first, like brakes, and the kooks headers that are just sitting around collecting
Dust:(

ill trade ya my suspension parts for your dust collectors :P

sd8683
08-10-2008, 06:38 PM
ill trade ya my suspension parts for your dust collectors :P

Lol........

Vortech347
08-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Wouldn't you want to make arms that could take some firmer aftermarket bushings?

Krytin
08-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Wouldn't you want to make arms that could take some firmer aftermarket bushings?

I kind of second that^^^.
Mine is so low now that ride quality is no longer an issue.
I want to beef the rear CA's up but don't want the OEM bushings.
Yeah, I know - Metco - but I like the price on these!

Zack
08-11-2008, 12:47 PM
OEM Bushings are better suited to a Heavy car.
You go and stiffen up the bushings, and other things have to 'deflect' when cornering and hard launching.
Stick with the OEM's :up:

MENINBLK
08-11-2008, 02:37 PM
OEM Bushings are better suited to a Heavy car.
You go and stiffen up the bushings, and other things have to 'deflect' when cornering and hard launching.
Stick with the OEM's :up:

The problem is that bushings are only available on OEM CAs.

Vortech347
08-11-2008, 04:10 PM
So why change then? Just curious.

Marauder386
08-11-2008, 06:08 PM
So why change then? Just curious.

If you look at the first pic for comparison the OEM's are flat, stamped and prone to twist and flex...unless you box weld them...

Which, BTW if any ahh yazz wanna give up the OEM's after your install of these, I want to make up a few boxed sets... uppers, lowers and Watts link ...

:cool4: