PDA

View Full Version : 03 Marauder/Factory Forged-Cobra Motor-Supercharged

Crownvicocsd
08-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Rare Factory Dark Blue. 37,300 orig mi. VIN# 2MEHM75V53X669986
Loaded with all factory Marauder options-except sunroof.
Loaded Interior/Dark Charcoal Leather.
Made to look like unmarked P71 package. I have the Marauder Wheels and the Rear bumber. Only thing that was switch on the car. Will put back on if sold.
Car has NEVER been Hit or Damaged.
New 04' Forged Factory Cobra Motor. 1,400 mi on motor. Purchased from Galpin Ford-Mercury Motors, Los Angeles CA. $8,000.00 new.
Installed by Extreme Automotive, Canoga Park, CA.
New ProCharger SuperCharger-Installed by factory ProCharger Tech.
Custom Kooks Headers. 3" exhaust all the way to rear bumper.
Balanced Driveshaft.
Precision Industries 2800 stall convertor. Beefed trans. 4:10 rear gear.
Over 500hp. Dynoed@ 460hp to rear wheels.
Will run consistent high 11's with street drag radials.

New in the box, Wilwood custom front brakes 4 piston calipers with rotors. $3,000.00 extra if you want them. They are brand new.

This car is extremly fast and a reliable every day driver. Take the family out in it. Runs perfect, seamless acceleration. Sounds and drives incredible.

If you want the car I will send pics and put the rear bumper and wheels back on.
Completely sorted out car. Over $40,000.00 invested. Car in storage. Owned by car collector. Need the room for new car....
$20,000.00 obo 310 466 8580 Christopher

sd8683
08-09-2008, 10:14 PM
No luck on eBay huh?

TAKEDOWN
08-10-2008, 01:37 AM
Sounds like a seller instead of a member to me.

rayjay
08-10-2008, 07:59 AM

Give that man a cigar :beer: One hot post to sell his DBP says it all. :shake:

TAKEDOWN
08-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Give that man a cigar :beer: One hot post to sell his DBP says it all. :shake:

:beatnik:ahhhhhh... thanks rayjay!:beer: Could he have been more obvious?

Paul
08-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Member or not, this is the place to put his ad, me thinks. None of us may want it, but at least we all know it's available now. :dunno:

CRUZTAKER
08-10-2008, 12:42 PM

First posts last forever....

Atleast he is keeping trying to keep his MM in the right family.:D

imorb1994
08-10-2008, 12:43 PM
If it wasn't so highly priced in the current MM market, OEM rear bumper cover reinstalled, and come with the oem wheels i would be interested

sd8683
08-10-2008, 12:48 PM
He'd probably have better luck with the sale if it looked like a Marauder

UncleLar
08-10-2008, 01:45 PM
I love when they come out here to sell their stuff,we ain't good enough for them to join the family but taking our money would be okay.

teamrope
08-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Which Supercharger? (P1SC, D1SC, F1, etc...)

How many miles?

Vortech347
08-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Is this the one that was degraded to a vic? There was a mint DTR on ebay too that was bastardized into a vic. BLAH!!!

sd8683
08-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Is this the one that was degraded to a vic? There was a mint DTR on ebay too that was bastardized into a vic. BLAH!!!

Yup that's the one, it even has a ford badge on the trunk lid, WHY!!

Spectragod
08-10-2008, 02:37 PM
His ad did say it came with all the Marauder parts/wheels etc. Just remember, ya wanna play, ya gotta pay. That price doesn't sound to out of line for what was done, just my .02.

OneBADLsE
08-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Noone here wants it for your rediculous asking price. Move along now.......

imorb1994
08-10-2008, 04:36 PM
His ad did say it came with all the Marauder parts/wheels etc. Just remember, ya wanna play, ya gotta pay. That price doesn't sound to out of line for what was done, just my .02.
The old ad did, current one does not

lucenti
08-10-2008, 06:02 PM
12,000 i fly to location , drive back to NY = 2,000 + 12,000 =14,000

need pics and vin pleeze

KillJoy
08-10-2008, 06:04 PM
You are asking too much for what the car is.

Also.... nice first post!

:rolleyes:

Folks like you should stick to EBay. You DO NOT belong here.

:up:

KillJoy

O's Fan Rich
08-11-2008, 06:02 AM
You guys are mean.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Straight up trade for my 33k mile stock MM, what'dya thinK?

dohc324ci
08-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Is that supercharger legal in California?

Vortech347
08-11-2008, 08:58 PM
40,000? You got ripped off bad for the blower install. HAHAHA

OneBADLsE
08-11-2008, 09:35 PM
40,000? You got ripped off bad for the blower install. HAHAHA

over 40 invested with the cost of the car he means. ;)

Iowa Rick
08-11-2008, 10:16 PM
I'd buy it for $12,500

ChiTownMaraud3r
08-11-2008, 11:07 PM
I don't think its so bad, it is a rare blue, and is already blown with a forged motor.

lucenti
08-12-2008, 05:37 PM
bidding war i c OK I offer 11,999.99

sailsmen
08-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Welcome the MercuryMarauder.Net.

There is lots of good information here, just ask or use the search button.

We have an annual National Event and several regional.

This is the best site for the Mercury Marauder.

We are looking forward to your participation. It is only as good as we make it.

Again welcome!:)

Raudermaster
08-12-2008, 07:15 PM
I don't think its so bad, it is a rare blue, and is already blown with a forged motor.

But it's bastardized. LOL. I just realized, this is like the 2nd or 3rd person we've run of the site. This one, the Fail Blaster's MM, wasn't there another?

MM_BKK
08-13-2008, 09:21 AM
If he paid $8000 for the new Cobra motor. Shouldn't that have come with the Eaton set up? Why would you invest another $5K on another blower?

Also, I call B.S. on the 4.11 gears!

Raudermaster
08-13-2008, 01:47 PM
I thought the Cobra short block's ran about what, 4k or so reman'd? If he spent $8k, it better have been a long block.

Iowa Rick
08-13-2008, 02:52 PM
I'm a new user here so you all will probably say FOAD but aren't you being awful hard on this guy. Everyone has their own taste in modifing their cars. The minute you take it from stock you are bastardizing it if you are a purist. A collector wants a stock car with all the numbers matching.

quoted from above
"(But it's bastardized. LOL. I just realized, this is like the 2nd or 3rd person we've run of the site. This one, the Fail Blaster's MM, wasn't there another?)"

A badgeless grill is "bastardizing" a Marauder as much as a Ford logo grill. Obviously to a lesser extreme. Is the intent of board to ridicule anyone who modifies a MM outside your predefined perfect MM?

The common bond is the car, the owners are as diverse a group as any bunch of car nuts I've encountered over the years from teenagers to senior citizens. If you like the persons MM modifications by all means support them with your positive comments. If you don't like the mods why not just move on to the next message and cut the guy some slack? off my soap box, Rick

sd8683
08-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Rick, I understand where your coming from.... But this guy became a member of this site for one reason and one reason only... To sell his car, and as far as his mods go.. I do not consider his car a marauder, point out one thing on that car that even resembles a marauder.

Spectragod
08-13-2008, 05:05 PM
Rick, I understand where your coming from.... But this guy became a member of this site for one reason and one reason only... To sell his car, and as far as his mods go.. I do not consider his car a marauder, point out one thing on that car that even resembles a marauder.

The front end, the interior, the DOHC motor, if he has all the stock parts, i.e., wheels, tips and rear cover, go back stock with the appearance.

The whole point of modding a car is to make it your own.

Where the hell is the love of the hobby in this thread.:flamer:

sd8683
08-13-2008, 05:09 PM
The front end, the interior, the DOHC motor, if he has all the stock parts, i.e., wheels, tips and rear cover, go back stock with the appearance.

I understand the whole (making it your own) thing but if your gonna make it that drastic of a change...
Why not just buy a CV?

Spectragod
08-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Change the wheels back and the rear cover, both items he has, and it is a MM again, I don't see an issue, I see itas he preserved the rear cover and wheels for the next owner.:D:D:D:D:D

Iowa Rick
08-13-2008, 06:53 PM

From his auction on Ebay he indicated he had retained the original parts which were available as I read it to the purchaser with the car.
I gather the problem most people here have are the outward changes to its appearance. He has made it look like a P71. However it has all the MM underpinnings that make the MM so much better than the GM or CV. The suspension, handling, additional horsepower and the plush interior.
I personally do not find it offensive. If I hadn't just bought my MM 3 months ago I would buy this car (if it were priced a bit lower) and actually I'd take it one step further and say I'd buy it if I could get my purchase price for my MM right now. I'd sign over my MM and give him $4K to boot.

It is unique, to some an abomination but it is unique. Isn't that what we strive for when we customize our cars? Rick:lol:

Vortech347
08-13-2008, 11:41 PM
When you start removing body parts you start damaging things. Why spend all the money for parts your going to remove and just kick around the garage.... Why in the hell would you buy a car only to have to work on it immediatly to put it back to what it is? It should be cheaper. SELLER. If you want to sell that car quicker make it look like what it is, a Marauder, not a vic or no one is going to want it. Besides Marauder buyers know what their looking for. Someone dosn't buy a Marauder and go "oh..I guess its a cool car or something..." They KNOW....

Saying how much you have invested dosn't mean ****. I have 50k into my mustang. Does it matter? Hell no, I'd be lucky to get 9k for it.

Also his auction on ebay pretty much showed what the car is worth to a ready, willing, and able buyer. If thats not a good indecation I don't know what is. Mine didn't sell so I relisted it lower. It sold.

P.S. usually we customize our cars to look better in what they are. Not make them look cheaper.

Blk Mamba
08-17-2008, 12:15 PM
I'll go to the bank tomorrow, to see what I can get for a loan, anything with this much controversy I'd like to buy.

RaceLegend79
08-17-2008, 02:27 PM
I'll go to the bank tomorrow, to see what I can get for a loan, anything with this much controversy I'd like to buy.

If I wasnt broke Id probably be right there with you!:lol::lol::lol:

Paul
08-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Is the intent of board to ridicule anyone who modifies a MM outside your predefined perfect MM?

Yes. The search function will show plenty of evidence of this.

Paul
08-17-2008, 09:03 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Crownvicocsd
08-19-2008, 01:16 PM
The car is perfect. People really need to get a life. I have all the correct parts. The cars rocks. I need the space, I have to many cars. Thank you for your support.

Crownvicocsd
08-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Yes. The search function will show plenty of evidence of this.

Thank you. The ridicule has been unreal. The car is perect. I wanted an understated look. I appreciate your comments. I have all the parts.

Zack
08-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Even if the car was priced at $18000, chances are it would NOT sell.

Vortech347
08-19-2008, 01:50 PM
^^^ Ditto.

Put the Marauder parts on it THEN try to sell it. Thats just friendly advise.

Raudermaster
08-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Try it on CVN....they'll eat this car up. I think?

Spectragod
08-19-2008, 05:14 PM
You could sell the CV parts there, I doubt that you will find a buyer, but it is possible. If the car were not so far away, I would be interested, hmmmmm.

Crownvicocsd
08-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Thank you for that I will. The car is a great car. Very stealth looking. I have all the wheels and the bumper. Thats all that is changed besides the bumper and the chrome exh. tips.

Hello,The car is perfect. I have all the orig. parts. Stated that in the orig add. I have the wheels, bumper, tips. Thats all that is different. I used the car for a Sheriffs promo car. I like the police look. The car is perfect. Thank you for your time.

The boys are harsh on the site :o)

It was the long block. It was about $7,500.00 w/tax and all. The car is perfect. I have all the original parts. You guys a re really harsh on my Marauder. But thats okay. The car looks cool and runs great. Thank you for you message

Nope, because I purchased the long block only. I had the new ProCharger System. The car is done right. I dont understand you calling BS on the 4:11 gears. Do you think I am making that up. Your a little to harsh in your statements. This Marauder is really nice and perfect. Plus it goes like hell. Thank you for your comments though.

Thank you the car is NICE!!!! I have one more for sale. 650HP with sunroof, Light Soft Gray Leather, Red Exterior. Really fast, and beautiful.

SD, I love yah man!!! My Marauder is a Marauder. Yeah I made it look different. But I have all the Stock wheels, and the rear bumber, oh yes plus the chrome exhaust tips. The car ROCKS, looks great rare dark blue. Cut me some slack. I'm a car nut. Me and my bud have another Marauder. 650 HP supercharged, sunroof, light gray leather, ruby red color. Just beautiful. Plus we had 3 really nice Black ones that were sold to guys like you. The Marauders rock. I need the room for my other cars and my new Dodge Challenger SRT-8. Thank you for your message.

Zack,

Your to negative. The car is really sweet. I'm flexible on the price. But you have to think positive. There are not to many Marauders running around. But thank you for you comment anyways.

Thats all right. There are a lot of cars not selling. I just need the room. The economy is slow and people don't want to spend $$ right now. I understand. But the car is really nice.

Thank you SD

OneBAD, your to harsh. People really like the car. Why move on.
Thank you for your messagr though, I think :o)

Make me an offer. I have all the orig. parts. If your serious send me a deposit I will put the rear bumper and the wheels back on. You make it sound like I took EVERYTHING off the car. But thats okay the car is a grat car. Really runs great sounds great. All sorted. As I state in my add.
Thank you IMORB, I appreciate your message.

Degraded to a vic??? Why because I changed the wheels and the rear bumper. That does nothing to the car and you know it. Plus as I state I have the wheels and the bumper. The car is really great.
Thank you for your message though.

sd8683
08-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Just curious? How did you get 650HP out of the DTR MM?

I hope you didn't take offense to my prior comments, we just wish you joined the site before you decided to sell your car.

Sean

Crownvicocsd
08-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Thank you Paul. If I was selling a Dodge Charger I would not take it to a Chevy show. I think you guys are great. And I love the site.

37,300.. The car is really nice.....
thank you

Vortech, you sound ignorant. That includes the car. The car is perfect.
Thank you for your message though.

It is legal.

Zack
08-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Funniest thread and new member EVER

Raudermaster
08-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Sean, the DTR was Greg's old car (F.I.T.) and it was used (supposedly) for a movie. Been for sale for a while, though.

Crownvicocsd
08-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Trash You ROCK. I love all the "LOVE IT, HATE IT" email Im getting. I'm a true Marauder guy. I love the muscle cars old and new. I own a few myself, from a SRT-8 300C to a 65 Dodge Coronet 500 440 Cross Ram Car. Oh I still have my 86 Mustang SVO I bought new on July 19, 1986

Thank you again..

Thanks Vics Evil Brother. But I need to sell, Need the space.

Thank you

Thank you SpectraGod. You are correct. I have the parts. The car is really great.

Best Regards,

Just curious? How did you get 650HP out of the DTR MM?

I hope you didn't take offense to my prior comments, we just wish you joined the site before you decided to sell your car.

Sean
SD,

I did not know about you guys until I had the car up for sale. 10 people called me and told me about MM.NET They said stick on there. One guy is a member of your site. The one with 650 HP is truly sick. The Motor is incredibly built and very reliable.

Thank you again for your thoughts. Warm Regards,

Vortech347
08-19-2008, 10:49 PM
you don't have 4.11 gears unless you put in an 9" rear end. 4.10's go in 8.8's

teamrope
08-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Funniest thread and new member EVER

I wasn't going to say it, but ya.

Aren Jay
08-20-2008, 10:17 AM
The moron from Florida really turned this section into a negative high price blasting typefest.

Calm, this guy can spell, he remains calm while defending his car, doesn't tell anyone where to stick their hitch...

We should be calm too, inform him his price is high, but then first prices are always high. Remember your gold watch is 9 carats when buying and 27 when selling.

So what would we pay for this car? 18 to 20K. Maybe a bit more because it is blue.

any pictures or a vin# yet?

Is this the blue one from autotrader with the lousy picture?

Vortech347
08-20-2008, 12:32 PM
If all the marauder parts were installed yea. I don't want the factory body parts in a bag I'd want them installed where they belong. I considered bidding up to 16k for this when I was hunting. But figured maybe the "original parts" were removed for a reason such as damage or blemish.

Crownvicocsd
08-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Hello,

Make me an offer. I am just testing the market. I am reasonable on the price. I have the rear bumper and the wheels. The car is nice. Vin# on the listing ad.

Thank you again

Crownvicocsd
08-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Vortech,

The car has never been hit. I dont know why you think the worst with only the bumper being removed and the wheels. The car is really nice. I like the Police P71 look thats all. There is NO hidden agenda here. I have the bumper and the wheels.
Vin # is in the Orig. listing add.

Thank you again.

Aren Jay
08-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Ha I'm blind didn't see the vin# there.

Any pictures? Good pictures.

Pictures go a long way to selling a car.

Selling a car online without pictures in like buying a car with your eyes closed. Smells right, feels right, but you have no idea what it looks like.

Was this car used in a Movie or something?

rayjay
08-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Vortech,

The car has never been hit. I dont know why you think the worst with only the bumper being removed and the wheels. The car is really nice. I like the Police P71 look thats all. There is NO hidden agenda here. I have the bumper and the wheels.
Vin # is in the Orig. listing add.

Thank you again.

Crownvicocsd, when a conversion like this has been done, quite often the vehicle has a salvage title.

Your friend thats a MM.net Member should have warned you that the folks on this site run to the purist side, that is keep the MM looking like a MM the way Ford meant it to be. 99% feel Ford smacked a grand slam with the wheels for this car. In our collective opinions are they look the best. Replacing a $700, forged aluminum, made only for the MM, OEM wheel with a $50 steelwheel is not going to be well received or praised. There are exceptions, but they are few.

You my friend have the rarest of colors a MM came in. Dark Blue Pearl. A whopping 328 were painted DBP. Changing the car to look like a everday CVPI is considered taboo by us snobbists here.

Its your car, to each his own, but trying to sell a vandalized 03 DBP here ain't gonna work.

Aren Jay
08-23-2008, 08:49 PM
but trying to sell a vandalized 03 DBP here ain't gonna work.

Unless the price is right.

$20K tops.

Crownvicocsd
08-24-2008, 06:14 PM
its only the bumper and the wheels

ts-pa
08-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Crownvicocsd,
What happend to the original engine?

Crownvicocsd
09-04-2008, 02:21 PM
it blew the wrist pin through the block. Message re-sent

Crownvicocsd
09-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Rayjay,

I appreciate your opinion. The car is NOT vandalized. It has more positive comments then nagative. The car is complete and perfect. As I state I have the wheels and the rear bumper. Someone wants a SuperCharged Forged NEW Cobra Motor, rare 328 only made with this color MM will make a serious offer and they get a great car with the wheels and bumper put back on. Its that simple. People can run the VIV# its never been hit or molested. The interior is still new and smells it...
But thank you again for your thoughts.

offroadkarter
09-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Rayjay,

I appreciate your opinion. The car is NOT vandalized. It has more positive comments then nagative. The car is complete and perfect. As I state I have the wheels and the rear bumper. Someone wants a SuperCharged Forged NEW Cobra Motor, rare 328 only made with this color MM will make a serious offer and they get a great car with the wheels and bumper put back on. Its that simple. People can run the VIV# its never been hit or molested. The interior is still new and smells it...
But thank you again for your thoughts.

Make the car look like a marauder again and it will probably sell

Just try it.

Crownvicocsd
09-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Make the car look like a marauder again and it will probably sell

Just try it.
Rayjay,

The wheels and the bumper as I write this will br back on over the weekend. The car is to nice. I will probably upgrade the tires. Thank you again for your input.
God Bless

Crownvicocsd
09-05-2008, 04:10 PM
DBCC1,

The car was never used in a movie. Someone said that in an email I read. Completely wrong. The car is really nice. I have the pictures being uploaded soon. I have been out of town on business. The car is truly very cool. The wheels and bumber are going back on this weekend. No worries. Who ever buys this MM will get one hell of a car. Thank you for you thoughts and the email.

Warm Regards

rayjay
09-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Best wishes with the sale. Even though its a down market, it seems there are always folks looking for DBP.

Paul
09-05-2008, 09:05 PM
I know I'm just a moron from Florida, but I like his car. If I had the money I'd buy it. And yes, this board is way too harsh towards nonconformists.

Crownvicocsd
09-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Paul,

Thank you. The car is sweet. I love your cat with the Assault Weapon. He looks like my cat Benni.

God Bless.

3CzSCrewHead*
05-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Is it still ablivable?

SC Cheesehead
05-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Is it still ablivable?

Thread is almost 2 years old, I doubt the car's still available.

You need to send Zack a PM.

boatmangc
05-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Bad publicity is better than none at all.

stryker
05-26-2010, 01:07 PM
:confused: If you expect to sell a Marauder at ! THAT ! price deserves to put pics to make it interesting and to show better the mods done by you, just an advice to you don't take it bad.

Spectragod
05-26-2010, 04:18 PM
:confused: If you expect to sell a Marauder at ! THAT ! price deserves to put pics to make it interesting and to show better the mods done by you, just an advice to you don't take it bad.

You may want to take a look at the date that this post originated on...... 2 years ago.:flamer: