PDA

View Full Version : Update

Spilner
08-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Well guys i still have problems with my MM. I fixed the bypass valve. The car hits 7 to 8 psi. But i am still having a fuel problem. once the car hits boost around 3500 rpm. The A/F ratio goes nuts. Goes so lean you have to get out of it right a way. So i adjusted the predator as rich as it can go and it still does lean.So from there i knew i had a fuel problem. Well i talk to Greg from fit and he told me to check the Fuel Pressure. He told me 40 psi around idle and 60 when at w.o.t. Well its and 30psi and idle and at w.o.t it goes down to 20psi to 25psi. My check engine light was telling me it was FUEL PRESSURE RAIL SENSOR. SO i did some research about the fuel system on MM. And found out the sensor that was bad is what tells the ecu to bump up the Fuel pressure regulator or tell the fuel pump to flow more fuel. So i replaced that sensor and The fuel pressure is still doing the same as it was. So it didnt fix the problem. So my last resort was the fuel pump. Maybe its bad. SO i pulled the tank and took out the fuel pump and tested it in some gas. It pumped fine and was strong. So now i am asking for help. I have replaced everything fuel related and the fuel pressure will not go up and my A/F will not go down. So i am at a stand still with this car and need help. I am just getting mad at the sititution cause i have had this kit for almost 3 months and still have not been able to enjoy it. So if anybody can help i would appreciate it.

THanks

SPilner

offroadkarter
08-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Kenne bell boost-a-pump, have you tried that?

FordNut
08-12-2008, 11:35 AM
I assume you did upgrade the fuel pump? BAP may be a good idea either way.

Zack
08-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Change your fuel filter.

Spilner
08-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Yeah i replace the fuel pump with the one that came with the kit. Everything fuel related has been changed including the fuel filter. I am going to check the volts going to the fuel pump to see if it is getting enough. If it i not i am guessing the fuelpump is bad. But still at a dead stop looking dumb and getting mad cause i cant firgure it out. I have not tried the boost a pump. I didnt think i would need something like that when nobody else with the kit has had this problem. The only thing i can think of maybe i am installing the tune wrong in the car. But i have read the predators tips and tricks thing like 10 times so i can get familier with the predator. BUt any info will help as i will keep you all updated.

rayjay
08-13-2008, 01:10 AM
Yeah i replace the fuel pump with the one that came with the kit. Everything fuel related has been changed including the fuel filter. I am going to check the volts going to the fuel pump to see if it is getting enough. If it i not i am guessing the fuelpump is bad. But still at a dead stop looking dumb and getting mad cause i cant firgure it out. I have not tried the boost a pump. I didnt think i would need something like that when nobody else with the kit has had this problem. The only thing i can think of maybe i am installing the tune wrong in the car. But i have read the predators tips and tricks thing like 10 times so i can get familier with the predator. BUt any info will help as i will keep you all updated.

Brand new parts being broke out of the box is not uncommon. Don't beat yourself up. You'll figure it out.

piglit50
08-20-2008, 10:53 AM
injectors???